With all of these great leadership qualities how come Manuel is not a Captain?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fletch
    • May 2007

With all of these great leadership qualities how come Manuel is not a Captain?

Something doesn't add up. With all of these great leadership qualities how come Manuel is not a Captain?

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/sho...s-haters/page3

Post #46

Originally posted by Yasgur's Farm
    (Moderator) My name's Max Yasgur, and I approve of this post.
    Originally Posted by pmoon6
    The idea that you "won't settle" presumes that you have some kind of control. Delusional thinking at best for a supposed fan of a spectators' sport. Your way to deal with it is to constantly ***** and denigrate any move, any result concerning the team even if it's positive because you don't want your whittle feewings hurt again. It's a protection mechanism.

You shroud your childish approach in a vale of pompous, intellectual garbage in an attempt to look smart and "real". You over-analyze even minute points and manipulate statistics to fit your negative view of the team. Again, to feel good about yourself and to protect from getting hurt.

Of course, the criticisms are obviously from someone who has no understanding of the team concept or what it takes to excel at athletics.

The true "realist" understands that they have no control of what happens on the field or behind the closed doors at One Bills' Drive, so they do the prudent thing for a spectator. They enjoy the games on Sunday with family and friends, cheer for their team and realize that it's just entertainment.
    ------

"I was an integral part in the drafting process of EJ Manuel," Whaley said Thursday on NFL Network's Total Access. "I was the person that handled the draft process and setting up the board."

"We are committed. I want you to believe me when I say that," Whaley said of building around the second-year quarterback, per The Buffalo News. "I always tell you guys that I'll never say never because I don't want to paint myself in a corner, but when I do say something, I do it and I mean it and I try to fulfill it."

"We believe the addition of Sammy is going to be instant impact, not only to our quarterback, but to what our offensive coordinator can come up with game-plan wise and how defenses attack us," Whaley said.

Whaley on EJ Manuel: "We think we got a gem in this guy." (2:30)

"And as Mark says, if in three years maybe he's not [our quarterback of the future], then I'll be sitting there saying 'hey guys', .... anybody got a job for me?" - Doug Whaley

• jamze132
    Don’t hate…
    • Jun 2003

Re: With all of these great leadership qualities how come Manuel is not a Captain?

Cause he sucks?

Comment

• YardRat
      Well, lookie here...
      • Dec 2004

Re: With all of these great leadership qualities how come Manuel is not a Captain?

Because Freddie is the obvious choice, and the other offensive captain is usually an offensive lineman and EJ doesn't play in the trenches.

It really is that simple and is no way an indictment against Manuel.

He'll get his opportunity this season to see if he can earn the 'C' in the future.
      YardRat Wall of Fame
      #56 DARRYL TALLEY
      #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• BillsOverDolphins
        All-Pro Zoner
        • Jun 2003

Originally posted by jamze132 View Post
        Cause he sucks?
        This. The simplest answer is usually the right one.
        Oh no!...We suck again!

Comment

• Oaf
          Do you read what you write?
          • Jun 2007

Whaley describes the "it" factor. He describes dictating to the other team, being aggressive. I couldn't think of anything further from the truth about EJ and our offense.

EJ does have the stature, the work ethic, and the skills/pedigree, but to see him be so unaware on the field and to lack accountability off of it is alarming. Even Jordan Palmer accepted responsibility after the idiotic coaching staff gave him 3 quarters of play after 3 days on the job, and then fired him for it.

Whaley jokes about being out of a job a year and a half from today. Not so funny now. I hope he watches this video back sometime.

Comment

• Meathead
            Insufferable ***** and perpetual crybaby
            • Jul 2002

do you know why property values are depressed in wny? because ej sucks
            One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
              Legendary Zoner
              • May 2009

Originally posted by Fletch View Post
              Something doesn't add up. With all of these great leadership qualities how come Manuel is not a Captain?
              With all of your superior intelligence why aren't you a millionaire?

Comment

• BillsOverDolphins
                All-Pro Zoner
                • Jun 2003

Originally posted by Meathead View Post
                do you know why property values are depressed in wny? because ej
                what usually happens when a black man moves into the neighborhood.

(rimshot)
                Oh no!...We suck again!

Comment

• Fletch
                  • May 2007

Originally posted by Oaf View Post
                  Whaley describes the "it" factor. He describes dictating to the other team, being aggressive. I couldn't think of anything further from the truth about EJ and our offense.

EJ does have the stature, the work ethic, and the skills/pedigree, but to see him be so unaware on the field and to lack accountability off of it is alarming. Even Jordan Palmer accepted responsibility after the idiotic coaching staff gave him 3 quarters of play after 3 days on the job, and then fired him for it.

Whaley jokes about being out of a job a year and a half from today. Not so funny now. I hope he watches this video back sometime.
                  Someone watched the video.

Thanks
                  http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/sho...s-haters/page3

Post #46

Originally posted by Yasgur's Farm
                  (Moderator) My name's Max Yasgur, and I approve of this post.
                  Originally Posted by pmoon6
                  The idea that you "won't settle" presumes that you have some kind of control. Delusional thinking at best for a supposed fan of a spectators' sport. Your way to deal with it is to constantly ***** and denigrate any move, any result concerning the team even if it's positive because you don't want your whittle feewings hurt again. It's a protection mechanism.

You shroud your childish approach in a vale of pompous, intellectual garbage in an attempt to look smart and "real". You over-analyze even minute points and manipulate statistics to fit your negative view of the team. Again, to feel good about yourself and to protect from getting hurt.

Of course, the criticisms are obviously from someone who has no understanding of the team concept or what it takes to excel at athletics.

The true "realist" understands that they have no control of what happens on the field or behind the closed doors at One Bills' Drive, so they do the prudent thing for a spectator. They enjoy the games on Sunday with family and friends, cheer for their team and realize that it's just entertainment.
                  ------

"I was an integral part in the drafting process of EJ Manuel," Whaley said Thursday on NFL Network's Total Access. "I was the person that handled the draft process and setting up the board."

"We are committed. I want you to believe me when I say that," Whaley said of building around the second-year quarterback, per The Buffalo News. "I always tell you guys that I'll never say never because I don't want to paint myself in a corner, but when I do say something, I do it and I mean it and I try to fulfill it."

"We believe the addition of Sammy is going to be instant impact, not only to our quarterback, but to what our offensive coordinator can come up with game-plan wise and how defenses attack us," Whaley said.

Whaley on EJ Manuel: "We think we got a gem in this guy." (2:30)

"And as Mark says, if in three years maybe he's not [our quarterback of the future], then I'll be sitting there saying 'hey guys', .... anybody got a job for me?" - Doug Whaley

Comment

• better days
                    • Jan 2010

There are two groups of people on this board.

One group has their doubts about EJ.

The second group has no doubts, they already know he sucks.

So would EJ being named captain have changed anyone's mind about him?

I DOUBT IT.

And for those that think being named captain is a big deal, Brandon Spikes was named captain having not played a down as a Bill yet.

I guess that says a lot about Spikes.

Comment

• Historian
                      2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
                      • Dec 2002

Putting a C on his chest would only put more pressure on him.

Comment

• Novacane
                        • Jul 2002

He Fetch we get it! You hate EJ! My gosh your'e annoying!

Comment

• Albany,n.y.
                          • Jul 2002

Why would the team name someone a captain who might be on the bench by game 4?

Comment

• trapezeus
                            Legendary Zoner
                            • Oct 2004

the only teams that don't have a qb as captain are teams without real standout #1 QB's. it's open for EJ to win next year.

i really think he's going to put together a really average range of stats that will make it hard to walk from him next year, but not good enough to be excited. he's going to really put us in a quandry. and it won't be good enough to get to the playoffs. Just like losman did the year before he really just tanked. That's more deadly than just flat out stinking so that we know we can move on.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                              • Jul 2002

Who gives a ****?

Comment

Working...
                              X