• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BillsImpossible
    • Mar 2013

That Was An Intense Preseason For The Buffalo Bills

Intensity.

I can't remember the last time the Bills had such an intense preseason on the field. Off the field was/is intense too.

Full pads early on, full blown brawls, 5 preseason games, a few very intense practices against the Steelers in Pittsburgh, a pissed off coach, and a lot of practice for EJ Manuel.

Holy crap this preseason was full of intensity. It was a drastic change from the cool and calm Fitz, Buddy and Chan clan.

Has Doug Marrone shaken up the Buffalo Bills bottle just enough to make his team ready to pop on Sunday?

Toughness and intensity.

I think they've got it this time.
  • BertSquirtgum
    Legendary Zoner
    • May 2009

Re: That Was An Intense Preseason For The Buffalo Bills

No

Comment

• Swiper
      Legendary Zoner
      • Sep 2010

Gregg Williams.

Mike Mularkey.

Dick Jauron.

Perry Fewell.

Chan Gailey.

Doug Marrone.

Just another stooge in the Brandon litany.

Comment

• BillsImpossible
        • Mar 2013

Originally posted by Swiper View Post
        Gregg Williams.

Mike Mularkey.

Dick Jauron.

Perry Fewell.

Chan Gailey.

Doug Marrone.

Really? It doesn't feel the same way this time around.

Who would you rather have as head coach?

Comment

• Albany,n.y.
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by BillsImpossible View Post

Anyone who would ask that question with Cowher & Gruden available really should have thought about the answer before typing it.

I like Marrone, and I view him as a potential Bill Parcells, who many people thought should have been fired after one season. For those who are too young to remember, here's the story: http://www.nfl.com/halloffame/story/...fter-83-season

Sixteen games in, Bill Parcells was on the ropes.

It was 1983, his first year as New York Giants head coach, and Parcells' injury-ravaged team had finished 3-12-1. General manager George Young considered firing Parcells as he flirted with hiring Howard Schnellenberger.

"They had conversations," Giants co-owner John Mara said the other day. "It never materialized. George said something like, 'Let's give Bill another chance. Maybe I can get Schnellenberger next year.' "

Comment

• Mr. Pink
            Peterman Sucks!
            • Mar 2006

Looked the same as it has since Jauron's last season when he fired Schonert.

Vanilla, boring, predictable, horrible QB play.

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
              Legendary Zoner
              • May 2009

Lovie Smith

Comment

• BillsOverDolphins
                All-Pro Zoner
                • Jun 2003

Intensively frustrating
                Oh no!...We suck again!

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                  Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

All you people who have already given up, don't you come crawling back when we have a winning season under Marrone, possibly this year.

Comment

• imbondz
                    Democrats are people too
                    • Jan 2003

Crawling back from where tho? By all means please I hope this team proves me wrong that they aren't going to suck this year.
                    My faith doesn’t make me perfect, it makes me forgiven.

Comment

• better days
                      • Jan 2010

Originally posted by HurkeyNuts View Post
                      Lovie Smith
                      Too late, he is the Bucs HC.

Comment

• better days
                        • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Albany,n.y. View Post
                        Anyone who would ask that question with Cowher & Gruden available really should have thought about the answer before typing it.

I like Marrone, and I view him as a potential Bill Parcells, who many people thought should have been fired after one season. For those who are too young to remember, here's the story: http://www.nfl.com/halloffame/story/...fter-83-season

Sixteen games in, Bill Parcells was on the ropes.

It was 1983, his first year as New York Giants head coach, and Parcells' injury-ravaged team had finished 3-12-1. General manager George Young considered firing Parcells as he flirted with hiring Howard Schnellenberger.

"They had conversations," Giants co-owner John Mara said the other day. "It never materialized. George said something like, 'Let's give Bill another chance. Maybe I can get Schnellenberger next year.' "
                        If Cowher or Gruden were REALLY available they would be COACHING an NFL team so they are not really available.

Comment

• Albany,n.y.
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by better days View Post
                          If Cowher or Gruden were REALLY available they would be COACHING an NFL team so they are not really available.
                          The question was who would you want coaching the Bills, not who is available to coach the Bills. Most people would say they want one of these guys. Whether he's available doesn't matter when asking a fan who he wants. You'd be surprised what $5 million or more dollars a year does to one's availability, just ask Orton. Now throw in complete control and the unavailable guy becomes available. Sort of like the girl who just blew you off, then the guy in the Porsche goes up to her & suddenly she's in the car with him & there's no off for him.

Comment

• Swiper
                            Legendary Zoner
                            • Sep 2010

Originally posted by Albany,n.y. View Post
                            Andy Reid was on the market when the Bills were looking for this coach. Alex Smith too. I wanted both. Look what they did in KC. Imagine what those two could have done with this defense, these WRs & RBs.

Comment

• Fletch
                              • May 2007

That Was An Intense Preseason For The Buffalo Bills

Has Doug Marrone shaken up the Buffalo Bills bottle just enough to make his team ready to pop on Sunday?
                              Or has Marrone merely proven that he's never had full control of this team? Then of course there's everything in between.

We'll find out soon, won't we.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Swiper View Post
                              Gregg Williams.

Mike Mularkey.

Dick Jauron.

Perry Fewell.

Chan Gailey.

Doug Marrone.

You got that right.

Hopefully Brandon's gone before we hire the next coach from some DI-AA school that had a composite .450 record.
                              http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/sho...s-haters/page3

Post #46

Originally posted by Yasgur's Farm
                              (Moderator) My name's Max Yasgur, and I approve of this post.
                              Originally Posted by pmoon6
                              The idea that you "won't settle" presumes that you have some kind of control. Delusional thinking at best for a supposed fan of a spectators' sport. Your way to deal with it is to constantly ***** and denigrate any move, any result concerning the team even if it's positive because you don't want your whittle feewings hurt again. It's a protection mechanism.

You shroud your childish approach in a vale of pompous, intellectual garbage in an attempt to look smart and "real". You over-analyze even minute points and manipulate statistics to fit your negative view of the team. Again, to feel good about yourself and to protect from getting hurt.

Of course, the criticisms are obviously from someone who has no understanding of the team concept or what it takes to excel at athletics.

The true "realist" understands that they have no control of what happens on the field or behind the closed doors at One Bills' Drive, so they do the prudent thing for a spectator. They enjoy the games on Sunday with family and friends, cheer for their team and realize that it's just entertainment.
                              ------

"I was an integral part in the drafting process of EJ Manuel," Whaley said Thursday on NFL Network's Total Access. "I was the person that handled the draft process and setting up the board."

"We are committed. I want you to believe me when I say that," Whaley said of building around the second-year quarterback, per The Buffalo News. "I always tell you guys that I'll never say never because I don't want to paint myself in a corner, but when I do say something, I do it and I mean it and I try to fulfill it."

"We believe the addition of Sammy is going to be instant impact, not only to our quarterback, but to what our offensive coordinator can come up with game-plan wise and how defenses attack us," Whaley said.

Whaley on EJ Manuel: "We think we got a gem in this guy." (2:30)

"And as Mark says, if in three years maybe he's not [our quarterback of the future], then I'll be sitting there saying 'hey guys', .... anybody got a job for me?" - Doug Whaley

Comment

Working...
                              X