• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mace
    Haha...yeah you think so ?
    • Mar 2013

Buffalo News Whaley interview.....

I’m not preaching patience to the fans – that’s been preached to them for a while – but we have to have patience.
    But the one thing we will not do is not admit to our mistakes.
    When you do make a mistake or something doesn’t work out, then you’ve just got to log that in your brain and you use that information when you’re making decisions down the road.

Just have patience and don't admit it though you know you made a mistake to figure in the mistakes you make down the road you won't admit because you convince everyone to be patient in the mistakes you didn't make while making them.

Dead man walking.

Last edited by Mace; 09-04-2014, 11:08 PM.
  • Scumbag College
    • Oct 2002

Re: Buffalo News Whaley interview.....

It sounds like he's running for the House of Representatives with those answers. He'd fit right in with those bunch of creeps.
    Remember Kevin Everett in your thoughts.

Vote Nader in 2008!

http://www.votenader.org/

Comment

• Mace
      Haha...yeah you think so ?
      • Mar 2013

Originally posted by Scumbag College View Post
      It sounds like he's running for the House of Representatives with those answers. He'd fit right in with those bunch of creeps.
      I admit I had the thought he was running for something he wouldn't admit he was running for, standing on a policy he refused to stand for while standing on it while saying he wouldn't stand for anything he was standing on, though you can count on him to stand on things he won't admit standing for.

Comment

• Downinfloflo
        Victimizing The Victimizer
        • Aug 2012

I'll translate.

Sorry folks, We blew it with E.J and we will need your patience wile we wait to correct this.

Comment

• Night Train
          Retired - On Several Levels
          • Jul 2005

Originally posted by Mace View Post
          I admit I had the thought he was running for something he wouldn't admit he was running for, standing on a policy he refused to stand for while standing on it while saying he wouldn't stand for anything he was standing on, though you can count on him to stand on things he won't admit standing for.
          So...Dead Man Standing.

It's filler for a paper...fluff...he could reply in Chinese and it would carry the same effect.

Everything is answered in the win/loss column....Unless you're one of our resident Zoloft tycoons who announce daily "why wait ?". The Bills world is ending each morning at 7am for the next 40 years and we need to blindly believe them.
          Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Meathead
            Insufferable ***** and perpetual crybaby
            • Jul 2002

um mcflys, first off regarding admitting mistakes he was talking about alan branch NOT ej manuel

second of all, it was a double negative

But the one thing we will not do is not admit to our mistakes.
            two negatives make a positive. like when you find out your girlfriend has two horribly misshapen boobs it makes you positive its time to find a new girlfriend

if you find any other quotes you want to completely misinterpret just let me know and ill translate them for you
            One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
              Skoobasaurus-Rex
              • Oct 2011

Take the under on total wins & points per game, this candidate will be out of office soon.

Comment

• Fletch
                • May 2007

Originally posted by Scumbag College View Post
                Same as the rest of the trash GMs we've had.

And to think, he was viewed as the next up-and-coming genius GM just several weeks ago. Even many people here thought he was some kind of bright bulb. Some people will never learn.
                http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/sho...s-haters/page3

Post #46

Originally posted by Yasgur's Farm
                (Moderator) My name's Max Yasgur, and I approve of this post.
                Originally Posted by pmoon6
                The idea that you "won't settle" presumes that you have some kind of control. Delusional thinking at best for a supposed fan of a spectators' sport. Your way to deal with it is to constantly ***** and denigrate any move, any result concerning the team even if it's positive because you don't want your whittle feewings hurt again. It's a protection mechanism.

You shroud your childish approach in a vale of pompous, intellectual garbage in an attempt to look smart and "real". You over-analyze even minute points and manipulate statistics to fit your negative view of the team. Again, to feel good about yourself and to protect from getting hurt.

Of course, the criticisms are obviously from someone who has no understanding of the team concept or what it takes to excel at athletics.

The true "realist" understands that they have no control of what happens on the field or behind the closed doors at One Bills' Drive, so they do the prudent thing for a spectator. They enjoy the games on Sunday with family and friends, cheer for their team and realize that it's just entertainment.
                ------

"I was an integral part in the drafting process of EJ Manuel," Whaley said Thursday on NFL Network's Total Access. "I was the person that handled the draft process and setting up the board."

"We are committed. I want you to believe me when I say that," Whaley said of building around the second-year quarterback, per The Buffalo News. "I always tell you guys that I'll never say never because I don't want to paint myself in a corner, but when I do say something, I do it and I mean it and I try to fulfill it."

"We believe the addition of Sammy is going to be instant impact, not only to our quarterback, but to what our offensive coordinator can come up with game-plan wise and how defenses attack us," Whaley said.

Whaley on EJ Manuel: "We think we got a gem in this guy." (2:30)

"And as Mark says, if in three years maybe he's not [our quarterback of the future], then I'll be sitting there saying 'hey guys', .... anybody got a job for me?" - Doug Whaley

Comment

• Fletch
                  • May 2007

Originally posted by Downinfloflo View Post
                  I'll translate.

Sorry folks, We blew it with E.J and we will need your patience wile we wait to correct this.
                  You forgot something:

... it will only be a few years. First we need to get over the hump of not having 1st and 4th rounders next season. Then we'll look into getting a QB in the 2016 Draft, he'll take a year to develop, so we should be playoff ready by 2017 which runs perfectly according to my 5-year plan.

Post #46

The idea that you "won't settle" presumes that you have some kind of control. Delusional thinking at best for a supposed fan of a spectators' sport. Your way to deal with it is to constantly ***** and denigrate any move, any result concerning the team even if it's positive because you don't want your whittle feewings hurt again. It's a protection mechanism.

You shroud your childish approach in a vale of pompous, intellectual garbage in an attempt to look smart and "real". You over-analyze even minute points and manipulate statistics to fit your negative view of the team. Again, to feel good about yourself and to protect from getting hurt.

Of course, the criticisms are obviously from someone who has no understanding of the team concept or what it takes to excel at athletics.

The true "realist" understands that they have no control of what happens on the field or behind the closed doors at One Bills' Drive, so they do the prudent thing for a spectator. They enjoy the games on Sunday with family and friends, cheer for their team and realize that it's just entertainment.
                  ------

"I was an integral part in the drafting process of EJ Manuel," Whaley said Thursday on NFL Network's Total Access. "I was the person that handled the draft process and setting up the board."

"We are committed. I want you to believe me when I say that," Whaley said of building around the second-year quarterback, per The Buffalo News. "I always tell you guys that I'll never say never because I don't want to paint myself in a corner, but when I do say something, I do it and I mean it and I try to fulfill it."

"We believe the addition of Sammy is going to be instant impact, not only to our quarterback, but to what our offensive coordinator can come up with game-plan wise and how defenses attack us," Whaley said.

"And as Mark says, if in three years maybe he's not [our quarterback of the future], then I'll be sitting there saying 'hey guys', .... anybody got a job for me?" - Doug Whaley

Comment

• Meathead
                    Insufferable ***** and perpetual crybaby
                    • Jul 2002

personally im still impressed with whaley. he certainly will probably live or die with the ej pick, that's just how it goes in this bidness. but the jury is still out on ej so its entirely possibly whaley could stay long term. id say its still fitty fitty that ej can become a reasonable long term starting option and if that happens (or better) then doug is probably locked in for a few more drafts

I hope that's the case bc stability means good things for the franchise. its also possible he stays even if ej bombs, for instance if terry our football lord and savior in the making decides to do the same thing he did with the sabres and see if the mgmt team can manage their way out of a jam. even tho it didn't work out the first time, I think that was a good plan with the sabres and could be a good idea with nappy and company
                    Last edited by Meathead; 09-05-2014, 06:41 AM.
                    One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• Homegrown
                      Havin' a ball ... rollin' to the bottom
                      • Jul 2008

DW answer to the 1st question:

Excitement. Very much excited. It’s always exciting ....
                      Kobo’s for showing such a diverse vocabulary within the 1st 7 words of your response … image ‘transforming’ the verb Excite three different ways:

Excitement - noun
                      Excited - adjective
                      Exciting – adjective

By the way, is it too much to ask that a highly paid executive be somewhat literate? … You’re either “very excited” or “much excited, but not “very much excited” …. What’s next, the Bills are “more better”?

Comment

• Fletch
                        • May 2007

That's mo' better.

Post #46

------

Comment

• trapezeus
                          Legendary Zoner
                          • Oct 2004

what is the saddest part is that whaley and marrone's high expectations from draft are much more muted after that preseason.

so when we rag on fans for becoming very pessimistic after the 5 games shown to us, we are kind of following the leaders. they seems as tenative as we are.

that preseason was pretty telling. i realize some teams lose every game and go one to great seasons,but they usually have some seasoning and are sitting starters, etc.

hackett is coming across as one of the worst OCs we've ever had. and that's truly saying something. They should just bring Chan back to run the offense. he specializes in limited talent at QB and patchwork oline.

Comment

• ghz in pittsburgh
                            • Aug 2004

A lot of puff and smokes like all GMs do, but I do like a few points that he let out -

The confidence factor that he has – not only in the command that he has over the
                            offense, but in his abilities, what he can do and what he needs to do to be
                            successful. There are areas that he has to work on, but any quarterback is
                            always striving to improve. He’s probably his toughest critic, but I do see more
                            confidence coming out. Even the way he walks out of the huddle, you can see,
                            “Hey, I’ve got a handle on everything that’s going on.”

So here is the part on EJ that is consistent with most knowledgeable people who has watched EJ thus far - it looks like EJ has getting more comfortable with this offense and better with what is going on; BUT he needs to think less and just trusts his instinct to go with it decisively. Hence Whaley's advice to EJ of "just play" in camp and coaches' guidance of making a quick decision and let the ball out that we see throughout the preseason. Unfortunately thus far, EJ's quick decisions are of the "safe" variety and they do flow with the game's ebb and flow (a complete QB does not always get the ball out in 3 seconds, it depends from play to play); the word "robotic" has been used by many national observers, which I think is accurate.

I totally understand where they’re coming from. They haven’t had a quarterback
                            here since Jim Kelly, and he’s a young quarterback that has had some injury
                            history. He hasn’t had that exceptional growth that everybody is expecting. It’s
                            a please-me-now society. We understand that – especially in sports. … There’s
                            going to be some struggles. I’m not preaching patience to the fans – that’s been
                            preached to them for a while – but we have to have patience. I think the way
                            we’re going to use him and the way we’re building our offense, the fans, once we
                            roll it out there the first game, will see why we weren’t in the panic mode that
                            the fans are.

The keyword here is the lack of "exceptional growth". I count myself in that group that expected some exceptional growth from EJ this year and am dissappointed not seeing it so far. The last young QB that I saw exceptional growth following an off season is Carson Palmer, though he sat one year, started the next, and then you saw exceptional growth in the 3rd. Newton, Luck, Wilson, RGIII, to some extent, Tannerhill, all came in on a much higher floor in their rookie season and the subsequent growth is not leap and bound. We all know EJ is raw but talented with higher ceilings, thus "exceptional growth" is expected.

It looks to me that the coaching staff is making adjustments on "the way we use him" and I suspect that they are scaling down again to limit plays best catering his comfort level that allows his to play more freely. I myself look for Game 6 at Pats where Belichick gets hold of what the limit we put on EJ and really clamp down on our offense (usually Rex Ryan does that to us but that's week 8).

The biggest concern for me is this: EJ's football instinct is simply not good enough for NFL. Like Losman before him, Jauron played him a full season and letting Losman got to his comfort level at NFL after a couple of on and off years. Turns out despite his physical ability, he's no match mentally at NFL level. We'll see what happens to EJ. I do know one thing for sure - we haven't seen the best of EJ yet.

Comment

• coastal
                              Legendary Zoner
                              • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Meathead View Post
                              bidness

fitty fitty

nappy
                              and the rational racist makes an appearance.

not suprising you're on the tail end of the learning curve. Maybe if you use more words, you'll sound more intelligent.

Comment

Working...
                              X