Was this game really much different from the games of the last few seasons?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fletch
    • May 2007

Was this game really much different from the games of the last few seasons?

For starters Chicago's D does not appear to be very good. Last season they ranked dead f'n last in rushing D and had a very average pass D despite allowing 3 fewer pass TDs than we did.

Contrasted with last season though:

4 of 12 on 3rd-down conversions, three of them in the 1st quarter.

15 total 1st-downs, 29 for Chicago.

9 penalties for 108 yards

28 min. TOP

Red Zone efficiency, 50%

Manuel still playing like Manuel. Can't show up for more than a quarter. 3 of his 4 3rd-down conversions were in the 1st Quarter as were nearly half of his passing yards.

He was 9 of 14 for 89 yards in quarters 2 - 4. Big yip!

Spiller showed nothing. Other than two big running plays the running game yielded little and no 3rd-down conversions.

The team still didn't show that it could generate drives. We had two over 40 yards.

Sorry, I'm seeing absolutely nothing different than last season. I'm not going to attempt to delude myself into thinking that I did.
    http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/sho...s-haters/page3

Post #46

Originally posted by Yasgur's Farm
    (Moderator) My name's Max Yasgur, and I approve of this post.
    Originally Posted by pmoon6
    The idea that you "won't settle" presumes that you have some kind of control. Delusional thinking at best for a supposed fan of a spectators' sport. Your way to deal with it is to constantly ***** and denigrate any move, any result concerning the team even if it's positive because you don't want your whittle feewings hurt again. It's a protection mechanism.

You shroud your childish approach in a vale of pompous, intellectual garbage in an attempt to look smart and "real". You over-analyze even minute points and manipulate statistics to fit your negative view of the team. Again, to feel good about yourself and to protect from getting hurt.

Of course, the criticisms are obviously from someone who has no understanding of the team concept or what it takes to excel at athletics.

The true "realist" understands that they have no control of what happens on the field or behind the closed doors at One Bills' Drive, so they do the prudent thing for a spectator. They enjoy the games on Sunday with family and friends, cheer for their team and realize that it's just entertainment.
    ------

"I was an integral part in the drafting process of EJ Manuel," Whaley said Thursday on NFL Network's Total Access. "I was the person that handled the draft process and setting up the board."

"We are committed. I want you to believe me when I say that," Whaley said of building around the second-year quarterback, per The Buffalo News. "I always tell you guys that I'll never say never because I don't want to paint myself in a corner, but when I do say something, I do it and I mean it and I try to fulfill it."

"We believe the addition of Sammy is going to be instant impact, not only to our quarterback, but to what our offensive coordinator can come up with game-plan wise and how defenses attack us," Whaley said.

Whaley on EJ Manuel: "We think we got a gem in this guy." (2:30)

"And as Mark says, if in three years maybe he's not [our quarterback of the future], then I'll be sitting there saying 'hey guys', .... anybody got a job for me?" - Doug Whaley

• HAMMER
    I'm right, Miyagi is wrong.
    • Jul 2003

Re: Was this game really much different from the games of the last few seasons?

The Bears brought in three key players to shore up their run defense, maybe they got a little better huh? Or does that not fit your agenda?

Comment

• jimmifli
      • Nov 2006

You are what your record says you are.

So, yeah, I can think of one way this game was REALLY different from past seasons. The 1 is on the other side of the - .

Comment

• Fletch
        • May 2007

Originally posted by HAMMER View Post
        The Bears brought in three key players to shore up their run defense, maybe they got a little better huh? Or does that not fit your agenda?
        So which of those facts are you disputing contrasted with last season?

*****ing, whining, complaining are not arguments.

Post #46

The idea that you "won't settle" presumes that you have some kind of control. Delusional thinking at best for a supposed fan of a spectators' sport. Your way to deal with it is to constantly ***** and denigrate any move, any result concerning the team even if it's positive because you don't want your whittle feewings hurt again. It's a protection mechanism.

You shroud your childish approach in a vale of pompous, intellectual garbage in an attempt to look smart and "real". You over-analyze even minute points and manipulate statistics to fit your negative view of the team. Again, to feel good about yourself and to protect from getting hurt.

Of course, the criticisms are obviously from someone who has no understanding of the team concept or what it takes to excel at athletics.

The true "realist" understands that they have no control of what happens on the field or behind the closed doors at One Bills' Drive, so they do the prudent thing for a spectator. They enjoy the games on Sunday with family and friends, cheer for their team and realize that it's just entertainment.
        ------

"I was an integral part in the drafting process of EJ Manuel," Whaley said Thursday on NFL Network's Total Access. "I was the person that handled the draft process and setting up the board."

"We are committed. I want you to believe me when I say that," Whaley said of building around the second-year quarterback, per The Buffalo News. "I always tell you guys that I'll never say never because I don't want to paint myself in a corner, but when I do say something, I do it and I mean it and I try to fulfill it."

"We believe the addition of Sammy is going to be instant impact, not only to our quarterback, but to what our offensive coordinator can come up with game-plan wise and how defenses attack us," Whaley said.

"And as Mark says, if in three years maybe he's not [our quarterback of the future], then I'll be sitting there saying 'hey guys', .... anybody got a job for me?" - Doug Whaley

Comment

• Fletch
          • May 2007

Originally posted by jimmifli View Post
          You are what your record says you are.

So, yeah, I can think of one way this game was REALLY different from past seasons. The 1 is on the other side of the - .
          Sure, and we were 3-0 after 3 weeks just three seasons ago and finished 6-10.

This isn't about being 1-0 or 0-1, it's about whether or not this team is playing differently than last season. I don't see that it is.

If you see that it is, say why. Add something intellectual to the debate, not just emotional stuff.

Post #46

------

Comment

• JoeMama
            Emotion Sickness
            • Oct 2002

Yes, we should all be furious about this lousy win!

Winning a tough game on the road is a bad omen for a losing franchise. It can only mean one thing: the season's ****ing over!

Disclaimer: The sentiment expressed in this post is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Comment

• Novacane
              • Jul 2002

EJ and the rest of the team made enough plays to WIN. There's the difference from games in the past.

Comment

• trapezeus
                Legendary Zoner
                • Oct 2004

fletch, you don't even acknowledge that it was fun to watch the team win. most of your criticisms are accurate, but we've definitely been in games like yesterday's where we just bled it away and didn't have a chance. and we did that against worse teams. but we won. It's monday. enjoy it.

Then we can talk about adjustments. the fact you are a pro "the team has to move" and can't enjoy a simple win kind of speaks to the trollishness of your posts.

I'm fairly negative on the team, but i want them to stay and i want them to win.

Comment

• Ginger Vitis
                  • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Fletch View Post

Other than two big running plays the running game yielded little and no 3rd-down conversions.

Just pathetic your logic sorry you cant take a 45 and 38 yard run out of the equation

Comment

• Novacane
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Ginger Vitis View Post
                    Just pathetic your logic sorry you cant take a 45 and 38 yard run out of the equation

He must be a Wys diciple. You won't get this since you've only been around since 2009 lol

Comment

• Turf
                      • Jul 2002

I think maybe we just dominated them somewhat? I remember Tasker saying that when you see this team get off the bus, they are big guys, unlike the previous group that fielded oft injured players. Maybe that's what you're seeing, rather than Chicago sucks.
                      Lou Saban: You can get it done, you can get it done. And what’s more, you’ve gotta get it done.

Comment

• better days
                        • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Fletch View Post
                        For starters Chicago's D does not appear to be very good. Last season they ranked dead f'n last in rushing D and had a very average pass D despite allowing 3 fewer pass TDs than we did.

Contrasted with last season though:

4 of 12 on 3rd-down conversions, three of them in the 1st quarter.

15 total 1st-downs, 29 for Chicago.

9 penalties for 108 yards

28 min. TOP

Red Zone efficiency, 50%

Manuel still playing like Manuel. Can't show up for more than a quarter. 3 of his 4 3rd-down conversions were in the 1st Quarter as were nearly half of his passing yards.

He was 9 of 14 for 89 yards in quarters 2 - 4. Big yip!

Spiller showed nothing. Other than two big running plays the running game yielded little and no 3rd-down conversions.

The team still didn't show that it could generate drives. We had two over 40 yards.

Sorry, I'm seeing absolutely nothing different than last season. I'm not going to attempt to delude myself into thinking that I did.
                        Well Troll, I told you before the game that the bears defense was TERRIBLE, but you still expected them to blow the Bills out in that game.

FAIL.

Comment

• Ginger Vitis
                          • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Novacane View Post
                          He must be a Wys diciple. You won't get this since you've only been around since 2009 lol
                          lol actually I am aware of Wysian logic.. Gregg Williams use to do this as well in post game press conferences " Well if you discount Ricky Williams 55 and 60 yard TD runs our run defense was good today"

Comment

• HAMMER
                            I'm right, Miyagi is wrong.
                            • Jul 2003

I don't think the Bears defense is as bad as you assert, I guess we will find out soon enough.

Comment

• Fletch
                              • May 2007

Originally posted by Ginger Vitis View Post
                              The point is one of whether we ran well all game or merely had a couple of big plays. We didn't run well all game. If we had then maybe we would have had an average number of sustained drives.

Or, maybe Manuel didn't play as well as many want to think here. I mean if Manuel played well, and our running game on average was stellar, and it was good, just against a bad rushing D, and averaging almost a yard per carry less in regulation than the Bears allowed last season is hardly impressive, then it seems to me that we would have scored more than two TDs in regulation with one being on a 7 yard drive thanks to the D.

Not to mention, all that offense and only 2 TDs in regulation, one courtesy of the D. That's it?

In regulation we had one drive, one, over 40 yards. Is that good to you? Seriously?

You really don't agree with that? What, it doesn't make sense to you? Something in there unreasonable?
                              Last edited by Fletch; 09-08-2014, 10:38 AM.

Post #46

------

Comment

Working...
                              X