Skoobasaurus-Rex
    • Oct 2011

Bills have Tajh Boyd in town for a work out

I just got a text.
  • Night Train
    Retired - On Several Levels
    • Jul 2005

Re: Bills have Tajh Boyd in town for a work out

Watkins QB at Clemson. Great athlete but needs a ton of QB work. Possible practice squad.
    Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Fletch
      • May 2007

His collegiate achievements blow Manuel's away.
      http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/sho...s-haters/page3

Post #46

Originally posted by Yasgur's Farm
      (Moderator) My name's Max Yasgur, and I approve of this post.
      Originally Posted by pmoon6
      The idea that you "won't settle" presumes that you have some kind of control. Delusional thinking at best for a supposed fan of a spectators' sport. Your way to deal with it is to constantly ***** and denigrate any move, any result concerning the team even if it's positive because you don't want your whittle feewings hurt again. It's a protection mechanism.

You shroud your childish approach in a vale of pompous, intellectual garbage in an attempt to look smart and "real". You over-analyze even minute points and manipulate statistics to fit your negative view of the team. Again, to feel good about yourself and to protect from getting hurt.

Of course, the criticisms are obviously from someone who has no understanding of the team concept or what it takes to excel at athletics.

The true "realist" understands that they have no control of what happens on the field or behind the closed doors at One Bills' Drive, so they do the prudent thing for a spectator. They enjoy the games on Sunday with family and friends, cheer for their team and realize that it's just entertainment.
      ------

"I was an integral part in the drafting process of EJ Manuel," Whaley said Thursday on NFL Network's Total Access. "I was the person that handled the draft process and setting up the board."

"We are committed. I want you to believe me when I say that," Whaley said of building around the second-year quarterback, per The Buffalo News. "I always tell you guys that I'll never say never because I don't want to paint myself in a corner, but when I do say something, I do it and I mean it and I try to fulfill it."

"We believe the addition of Sammy is going to be instant impact, not only to our quarterback, but to what our offensive coordinator can come up with game-plan wise and how defenses attack us," Whaley said.

Whaley on EJ Manuel: "We think we got a gem in this guy." (2:30)

"And as Mark says, if in three years maybe he's not [our quarterback of the future], then I'll be sitting there saying 'hey guys', .... anybody got a job for me?" - Doug Whaley

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
        Skoobasaurus-Rex
        • Oct 2011

Originally posted by Fletch View Post
        Big NFL project QB, will take years.

Comment

• jimmifli
          • Nov 2006

Watching the Watkins predraft clips it was amazing how often he was forced to catch a poorly thrown screen pass. It looked like a mix of JP's rocket screens and FitzBeard's two hoppers. I don't know much about him, and I haven't watched much outside of Watkins highlights, but that guy is not ready to be an NFL QB.

Comment

• Fletch
            • May 2007

Originally posted by MitchMurrayDowntown View Post
            Big NFL project QB, will take years.
            Right, unlike Manuel who will never materialize at all to that level.

Post #46

The idea that you "won't settle" presumes that you have some kind of control. Delusional thinking at best for a supposed fan of a spectators' sport. Your way to deal with it is to constantly ***** and denigrate any move, any result concerning the team even if it's positive because you don't want your whittle feewings hurt again. It's a protection mechanism.

You shroud your childish approach in a vale of pompous, intellectual garbage in an attempt to look smart and "real". You over-analyze even minute points and manipulate statistics to fit your negative view of the team. Again, to feel good about yourself and to protect from getting hurt.

Of course, the criticisms are obviously from someone who has no understanding of the team concept or what it takes to excel at athletics.

The true "realist" understands that they have no control of what happens on the field or behind the closed doors at One Bills' Drive, so they do the prudent thing for a spectator. They enjoy the games on Sunday with family and friends, cheer for their team and realize that it's just entertainment.
            ------

"I was an integral part in the drafting process of EJ Manuel," Whaley said Thursday on NFL Network's Total Access. "I was the person that handled the draft process and setting up the board."

"We are committed. I want you to believe me when I say that," Whaley said of building around the second-year quarterback, per The Buffalo News. "I always tell you guys that I'll never say never because I don't want to paint myself in a corner, but when I do say something, I do it and I mean it and I try to fulfill it."

"We believe the addition of Sammy is going to be instant impact, not only to our quarterback, but to what our offensive coordinator can come up with game-plan wise and how defenses attack us," Whaley said.

"And as Mark says, if in three years maybe he's not [our quarterback of the future], then I'll be sitting there saying 'hey guys', .... anybody got a job for me?" - Doug Whaley

Comment

• Novacane
              • Jul 2002

Bye Bye Tuel?

Comment

• Fletch
                • May 2007

Originally posted by jimmifli View Post
                Watching the Watkins predraft clips it was amazing how often he was forced to catch a poorly thrown screen pass. It looked like a mix of JP's rocket screens and FitzBeard's two hoppers. I don't know much about him, and I haven't watched much outside of Watkins highlights, but that guy is not ready to be an NFL QB.
                I would make an even stronger argument of the same kind about Manuel.

I'm only mildly excited about the prospect of signing Boyd, just pointing out that he did more in college than Manuel did on a worse overall team.

That's a fact.

Boyd: 64.3%, 9.3 YPA, 107 TDs, 39 INTs. 7.6% TD rate,

Other than Watkins he really didn't have much in the receiving department and spread the ball out pretty well.

Manuel: 66.9%, 8.6 YPA, 47 TDs, 28 INTs. 5.2% TD rate

That's a very significant performance difference.

Post #46

------

Comment

• Fletch
                  • May 2007

Originally posted by jimmifli View Post
                  Do you have a link to that video or videos, I'd love to see for myself.

Post #46

------

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                    Unreachable Douche
                    • Jul 2002

Not surprised considering Sundays performance.

How many times do we have to see balls thrown behind the receiver (Chandler), over throwing wide open receivers (watkins), passes thrown high that leave the receivers exposed to getting crushed (Woods/Williams), swing passes caught at the receivers feet, or 3rd downs where he can't find anyone open and takes off running.

This offense generated 2 drives over 39 yards.

Comment

• Fletch
                      • May 2007

According to most Manuel played a great game on Sunday. What are you talking about?

I'm not in that camp, but that seems to be the popular opinion here.

Only because you mentioned Sunday's performance in an implicitly derogatory manner.

Post #46

------

Comment

• Turf
                        • Jul 2002

Its so sweet being able to ignore people. Now to move on.
                        Lou Saban: You can get it done, you can get it done. And what’s more, you’ve gotta get it done.

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                          Unreachable Douche
                          • Jul 2002

According to most Manuel played a great game on Sunday. What are you talking about?

I'm not in that camp, but that seems to be the popular opinion here.

Only because you mentioned Sunday's performance in an implicitly derogatory manner.
                          The only things great about Sundays performance was the Special Teams and the Score.

Comment

• Fletch
                            • May 2007

Originally posted by TacklingDummy View Post
                            The only things great about Sundays performance was the Special Teams and the Score.
                            Well, you're at odds with many here then.

I've taken a rash for daring to suggest that Manuel's play was subpar despite the fact that he had fewer yards than any but one other winning QB, which was Cassel, who played a notably better game than Manuel did overall. He had no INTs to Manuel's 1 INT, and 2 TD passes to Manuel's 1.

I agree by the way.

Post #46

------

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                              Unreachable Douche
                              • Jul 2002

Well, you're at odds with many here then.

I've taken a rash for daring to suggest that Manuel's play was subpar despite the fact that he had fewer yards than any but one other winning QB, which was Cassel, who played a notably better game than Manuel did overall. He had no INTs to Manuel's 1 INT, and 2 TD passes to Manuel's 1.

I agree by the way.
                              They been attacking me and my opinions for 12 years here.

I've noticed all the childish remarks thrown your way the last 2 days. Attack the poster. That's all they have when they cant debate the facts.

Comment

Working...
                              X