• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • WagonCircler
    Escaped Convict
    • Jul 2002

Carl Paladino proposes new Bills Stadium site in Old First Ward

Carl Paladino is proposing a new stadium be built, right where I've been saying the new stadium should be.

BUFFALO, N.Y. (WIVB) – Carl Paladino has joined the call of those who want to see a new Buffalo Bills stadium built in downtown Buffalo.

The developer says there is a 63-acre site that would be accessible with an extension of the NFTA Light Rail between Louisiana Street and Ohio Street, along the Buffalo River.

Paladino says the site would provide Bills fans with access to hotel, restaurant and other hospitality services, along with ample parking in the downtown area and South Buffalo, should the need arise. The developer acknowledges his company, Ellicott Development, does own property in the South Main area.

More...

I posted this a few months ago.

.[/QUOTE]
  • Swiper
    Legendary Zoner
    • Sep 2010

Re: Carl Paladino proposes new Bills Stadium site in Old First Ward

Looks like a lot of small individual parcels of land. How's he going to get all that? Make a play for eminent domain?

Comment

• Buffalogic
      Rumblin' Stumblin' Bumblin'
      • Feb 2006

Build platform on Niagra falls. Build stadium on that platform. Encase stadium in glass. Stare at Niagra falls during commercial breaks.

Comment

• Swiper
        Legendary Zoner
        • Sep 2010

One of you two has got to surrender your name. It confuses the bejeezus out of me.

Comment

• SquishDaFish
          Lets GO BUFFALO!!
          • Jun 2005

The OP is the only Wagon Circler in my book lol

Comment

• WagonCircler
            Escaped Convict
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Swiper View Post
            Looks like a lot of small individual parcels of land. How's he going to get all that? Make a play for eminent domain?

It's not. Most of it is the Perry Street Projects, 40% of which are abandoned/uninhabitable.

Comment

• WagonCircler
              Escaped Convict
              • Jul 2002

One of you two has got to surrender your name. It confuses the bejeezus out of me.
              I'm the original. Check the "Member Since" dates.

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
                Skoobasaurus-Rex
                • Oct 2011

One of these things is not the same....

Comment

• Don't Panic
                  All-Pro Zoner
                  • Dec 2005

I think this is the spot. Gives a downtown location without too much resistance. The area between the arena and the stadium could be fully transformed into restaurant/bar/urban living. Could be a ten year plan to get it all done.

Comment

• Fletch
                    • May 2007

Well that explains a lot. I never noticed that before. I'm sure I was off in some responses to one or the other at some point.
                    http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/sho...s-haters/page3

Post #46

Originally posted by Yasgur's Farm
                    (Moderator) My name's Max Yasgur, and I approve of this post.
                    Originally Posted by pmoon6
                    The idea that you "won't settle" presumes that you have some kind of control. Delusional thinking at best for a supposed fan of a spectators' sport. Your way to deal with it is to constantly ***** and denigrate any move, any result concerning the team even if it's positive because you don't want your whittle feewings hurt again. It's a protection mechanism.

You shroud your childish approach in a vale of pompous, intellectual garbage in an attempt to look smart and "real". You over-analyze even minute points and manipulate statistics to fit your negative view of the team. Again, to feel good about yourself and to protect from getting hurt.

Of course, the criticisms are obviously from someone who has no understanding of the team concept or what it takes to excel at athletics.

The true "realist" understands that they have no control of what happens on the field or behind the closed doors at One Bills' Drive, so they do the prudent thing for a spectator. They enjoy the games on Sunday with family and friends, cheer for their team and realize that it's just entertainment.
                    ------

"I was an integral part in the drafting process of EJ Manuel," Whaley said Thursday on NFL Network's Total Access. "I was the person that handled the draft process and setting up the board."

"We are committed. I want you to believe me when I say that," Whaley said of building around the second-year quarterback, per The Buffalo News. "I always tell you guys that I'll never say never because I don't want to paint myself in a corner, but when I do say something, I do it and I mean it and I try to fulfill it."

"We believe the addition of Sammy is going to be instant impact, not only to our quarterback, but to what our offensive coordinator can come up with game-plan wise and how defenses attack us," Whaley said.

Whaley on EJ Manuel: "We think we got a gem in this guy." (2:30)

"And as Mark says, if in three years maybe he's not [our quarterback of the future], then I'll be sitting there saying 'hey guys', .... anybody got a job for me?" - Doug Whaley

Comment

• Mace
                      Haha...yeah you think so ?
                      • Mar 2013

Originally posted by WagonCircler View Post
                      It's not. Most of it is the Perry Street Projects, 40% of which are abandoned/uninhabitable.
                      This is honestly the truth if you've ever been that way, and frankly the city should spend better to do better by the folks there already anyway with some painfully obvious funding likely already in place.

Buffalo has large spaces of poorly used, barren, semi vacant or ignored space it can afford to use better but decade after decade chooses not too until grants and allocations expire.

I detest Paladino as a politician, but as a developer I don't see him miss much.
                      Last edited by Mace; 09-11-2014, 08:33 PM.

Comment

• Mace
                        • Mar 2013

I'm the original. Check the "Member Since" dates.
                        Chill out Carl.

Comment

• DetDannyWilliams
                          Nobody in Hawaii wears a tie.
                          • Feb 2013

ForgottenBuffalo.com: An urban explorer's guide to the Buffalo-Niagara region. Learn about unique landmarks, classic taverns, old world neighborhoods, historic 20th century sites and Nickel City oddities! Forgotten Buffalo allows you to better understand why Buffalo is one of the most unique urban communities in the world. It's definitely a city worth exploring! Enjoy!

Comment

• WagonCircler
                            Escaped Convict
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Mace View Post
                            This is honestly the truth if you've ever been that way, and frankly the city should spend better to do better by the folks there already anyway with some painfully obvious funding likely already in place.

Buffalo has large spaces of poorly used, barren, semi vacant or ignored space it can afford to use better but decade after decade chooses not too until grants and allocations expire.

I detest Paladino as a politician, but as a developer I don't see him miss much.
                            I've been hearing from some pretty well-informed people for quite a while that this is already a done deal.

Comment

• Mace
                              • Mar 2013

I've been hearing from some pretty well-informed people for quite a while that this is already a done deal.
                              You'd get my vote if you were less firebrand reactionary populist and more businesslike practical. I can straighten your strategists right out with a suitable compensation and title.

But anyway, it honestly should be, it's too perfect a place imho, I hope they make it so.

Comment

Working...
                              X