X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fletch
    • May 2007

So what was the stadium like?

I just read that and wanted to ask here from those who were at the game, what did you think about the improvements?

Seems mostly good with a little not so good in the piece, like a reported 40 minute wait to get in at gate 2, which may be embellished, I don't know how it could take that long. I'm sure that the euphoria of the game may have been a part of peoples' opinions.
    http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/sho...s-haters/page3

Post #46

Originally posted by Yasgur's Farm
    (Moderator) My name's Max Yasgur, and I approve of this post.
    Originally Posted by pmoon6
    The idea that you "won't settle" presumes that you have some kind of control. Delusional thinking at best for a supposed fan of a spectators' sport. Your way to deal with it is to constantly ***** and denigrate any move, any result concerning the team even if it's positive because you don't want your whittle feewings hurt again. It's a protection mechanism.

You shroud your childish approach in a vale of pompous, intellectual garbage in an attempt to look smart and "real". You over-analyze even minute points and manipulate statistics to fit your negative view of the team. Again, to feel good about yourself and to protect from getting hurt.

Of course, the criticisms are obviously from someone who has no understanding of the team concept or what it takes to excel at athletics.

The true "realist" understands that they have no control of what happens on the field or behind the closed doors at One Bills' Drive, so they do the prudent thing for a spectator. They enjoy the games on Sunday with family and friends, cheer for their team and realize that it's just entertainment.
    ------

"I was an integral part in the drafting process of EJ Manuel," Whaley said Thursday on NFL Network's Total Access. "I was the person that handled the draft process and setting up the board."

"We are committed. I want you to believe me when I say that," Whaley said of building around the second-year quarterback, per The Buffalo News. "I always tell you guys that I'll never say never because I don't want to paint myself in a corner, but when I do say something, I do it and I mean it and I try to fulfill it."

"We believe the addition of Sammy is going to be instant impact, not only to our quarterback, but to what our offensive coordinator can come up with game-plan wise and how defenses attack us," Whaley said.

Whaley on EJ Manuel: "We think we got a gem in this guy." (2:30)

"And as Mark says, if in three years maybe he's not [our quarterback of the future], then I'll be sitting there saying 'hey guys', .... anybody got a job for me?" - Doug Whaley

• Dr. Lecter
    Zero for Zero!
    • Mar 2003

Re: So what was the stadium like?

I went in early and had no problems. People that waited might have had issues. I heard a few complaints after the game.

Overall the improvements are nice.I did not sit in my normal area so I had to walk around the stadium to get back to my car. For the most part I find it easier to walk around in and it is better and more clearly marked (which was nice with sitting in a different section)

The concessions seem more efficient too
    Originally posted by mysticsoto
    Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• BAM
      • Sep 2003

I thought the improvements were great - especially with the new walkways just outside the perimeter of the stadium. I didn't use the concessions but it looked like they were moving OK. The line for bathrooms in my section (307) were short the whole game. Also I didn't have to stand and wait anywhere all day. It was certainly more "roomy" inside. Not sure about the black coating of the stadium itself though. I guess it's OK.

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
        Zero for Zero!
        • Mar 2003

I think my only complaint is that they have not re-painted the row numbers on the steps in the sections. They are on the end of the row of seats, but they really need to paint the steps themselves so you can see the row numbers while walking down the aisle

I don't get why they have not. It is easy - a few cans of spray paint and some cut outs. Two people cold probably do it in a day or less.
        Originally posted by mysticsoto
        Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• Historian
          2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
          • Dec 2002

Gone is that spiral staircase on the 50 yard line of the Bills side, replaced with a huge stairwell leading from the lower bowl to the entrance gates.

Big enough for 15-20 people across to enter/exit.

That's a huge improvement.

Comment

• better days
            • Jan 2010

Well, the Stadium & fans in it looked GREAT on TV.

And the announcers commented more than once on the crowd & how loud it was.

On Finsiders podcast last week, Bob Griese called the Ralph a nice tight Stadium where the fans are up close & personal.

Kieth Sims also commented on that, said coming out of College players are used to the crowds being far away, but here the crowd is on top of you & if you lean back too far in your seat on the bench, they can touch you.

Both said they loved the atmosphere in Buffalo & loved going to Buffalo to play.

Comment

• alnilla
              • Dec 2008

Gate Two was horrible got in line at 1230 and didnt get in until half of the first quarter was over.

Comment

• Tiburon1724
                • Sep 2005

Complaints:
                -Sound system is even worse than before somehow; I thought this was to be part of the improvement!? Couldn't hear the refs ever, and the announcements/music seemed to be coming out of a single speaker from the 70s.
                -They really should have painted underneath the seats themselves; it stands out when at the gates and on the 300 level tunnels it still makes the place look ghetto
                -The supposed improved cell signals weren't good enough and were still overwhelmed.

Positives:
                -Loved the, I'll call it "art" throughout the stadium - the designations for the different sections stood out well, looked great and made it easy to know where you were. Photos throughout the stadium on the walls were a nice tough kinda like at the FNC.
                -The new HD boards are great and the new larger one is great as well. I just wish they'd use more of it for the replays instead of always keeping ads on 2 panels, stats on another panel and the replays/field action on just 1 panel.
                -The concession stands look great, the new offerings are much improved over the old garbage, and pulling cart vendors out of the tunnels was a great decision.
                -Some areas are really nice when you go outside the main tunnel, landscaping etc.

Didn't get a chance to checkout the store. The new gates are good, though some signage made it seem like the entire gate was just for suite holders, not just the left half.
                Overall, it's a great facelift but doesn't change the fact it's still noticeably ancient and we will need a new stadium open by 2025.

Comment

• Fletch
                  • May 2007

Originally posted by Tiburon1724 View Post
                  Overall, it's a great facelift but doesn't change the fact it's still noticeably ancient and we will need a new stadium open by 2025.
                  I guess that answers that. I'm one of the people that actually likes the current stadium and not in favor of having to get a new one. I guess I was hoping we could skate on this one for a little longer than that. It really sounds like what's making it "necessary" are modern standards of amenities, not of necessities.

Post #46

The idea that you "won't settle" presumes that you have some kind of control. Delusional thinking at best for a supposed fan of a spectators' sport. Your way to deal with it is to constantly ***** and denigrate any move, any result concerning the team even if it's positive because you don't want your whittle feewings hurt again. It's a protection mechanism.

You shroud your childish approach in a vale of pompous, intellectual garbage in an attempt to look smart and "real". You over-analyze even minute points and manipulate statistics to fit your negative view of the team. Again, to feel good about yourself and to protect from getting hurt.

Of course, the criticisms are obviously from someone who has no understanding of the team concept or what it takes to excel at athletics.

The true "realist" understands that they have no control of what happens on the field or behind the closed doors at One Bills' Drive, so they do the prudent thing for a spectator. They enjoy the games on Sunday with family and friends, cheer for their team and realize that it's just entertainment.
                  ------

"I was an integral part in the drafting process of EJ Manuel," Whaley said Thursday on NFL Network's Total Access. "I was the person that handled the draft process and setting up the board."

"We are committed. I want you to believe me when I say that," Whaley said of building around the second-year quarterback, per The Buffalo News. "I always tell you guys that I'll never say never because I don't want to paint myself in a corner, but when I do say something, I do it and I mean it and I try to fulfill it."

"We believe the addition of Sammy is going to be instant impact, not only to our quarterback, but to what our offensive coordinator can come up with game-plan wise and how defenses attack us," Whaley said.

"And as Mark says, if in three years maybe he's not [our quarterback of the future], then I'll be sitting there saying 'hey guys', .... anybody got a job for me?" - Doug Whaley

Comment

• trapezeus
                    Legendary Zoner
                    • Oct 2004

Originally posted by Fletch View Post
                    I guess that answers that. I'm one of the people that actually likes the current stadium and not in favor of having to get a new one. I guess I was hoping we could skate on this one for a little longer than that. It really sounds like what's making it "necessary" are modern standards of amenities, not of necessities.
                    Trough urinals still there after $130mm.

Comment

• better days
                      • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Fletch View Post
                      By the time the new Stadium is a reality, everyone will be more than ready for it.

I just hope they keep the sight lines as good as they are in the Ralph.

Comment

• northernbillfan
                        Hello, I'm Mike and I'm a Bills fan.

Administrator Emeritus
                        • Jul 2002

Are there more than two ATMs yet? Last year I was at the Ralph and waited forever in the bank machine line. Hard to believe they only had two ATMs.

I love true Ralph. It has character and charm you don't see in many of these modern stadiums.
                        When I die, please don't let my wife sell my camera equipment for what I told her I paid for it.

Comment

• Fletch
                          • May 2007

Originally posted by trapezeus View Post
                          Trough urinals still there after $130mm.
                          lol

The hand sink ones?

Post #46

------

Comment

• Fletch
                            • May 2007

Originally posted by better days View Post
                            By the time the new Stadium is a reality, everyone will be more than ready for it.

I just hope they keep the sight lines as good as they are in the Ralph.
                            Yeah, to me that's the key too. I think that they will be, that's just how they design modern stadiums. If you've been to any of the newer ones the sight lines are all pretty much very good. They seem to be building the stadiums steeper too, which I think is good. It definitely is for sound and crowd noise. But you look down onto the field in most of the other newer stadiums around the league. Even from the boxes.

Post #46

------

Comment

• Historian
                              2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
                              • Dec 2002

Originally posted by Tiburon1724 View Post
                              Complaints:
                              -Sound system is even worse than before somehow; I thought this was to be part of the improvement!? Couldn't hear the refs ever, and the announcements/music seemed to be coming out of a single speaker from the 70s.
                              Yea, that was weird.

The Syracuse marching band was playing "Bohemian Rhapsody" at halftime, and I could barely even hear it.

-The supposed improved cell signals weren't good enough and were still overwhelmed.

My biggest pet peeve.

I couldn't even get a signal to call home, much less post an "Opening Day Selfie"

Comment

Working...
                              X