X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jimmifli
    • Nov 2006

The D is elite

The longest run yesterday was 7 yards. The longest pass was 18.

• chernobylwraiths
    • Jan 2003

Re: The D is elite

I tell my wife this all the time.

Comment

• Swiper
      Legendary Zoner
      • Sep 2010

LOL. Let's not get carried away yet. If they can go to Seattle and do that, then we can talk.

Comment

• Fletch
        • May 2007

Originally posted by jimmifli View Post
        The longest run yesterday was 7 yards. The longest pass was 18.
        how suffocating was the #Bills defense yesterday? Miami's longest run was 7 yds and the longest pass completion was 18 yards
        — Howard WGR (@hsimon62) September 15, 2014
        The team was Miami, maybe one of the worst teams in the league with only an undrafted rookie RB after Moreno went out almost immediately. Miller's not even good, he's just not a rookie.

Tannehill?

Here's what I don't get, everyone's slamming Miami in their predictions here and talking about how horrible they are before the season starts. Then when we beat them we treat it as some sort of feat instead of just beating a very bad team.

They still managed to hang almost 300 yards on us and ran pretty well considering how bad or unproven their RBs are. I wouldn't have expected 4 ypc from those clown RBs, I expected less than 3.
        http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/sho...s-haters/page3

Post #46

Originally posted by Yasgur's Farm
        (Moderator) My name's Max Yasgur, and I approve of this post.
        Originally Posted by pmoon6
        The idea that you "won't settle" presumes that you have some kind of control. Delusional thinking at best for a supposed fan of a spectators' sport. Your way to deal with it is to constantly ***** and denigrate any move, any result concerning the team even if it's positive because you don't want your whittle feewings hurt again. It's a protection mechanism.

You shroud your childish approach in a vale of pompous, intellectual garbage in an attempt to look smart and "real". You over-analyze even minute points and manipulate statistics to fit your negative view of the team. Again, to feel good about yourself and to protect from getting hurt.

Of course, the criticisms are obviously from someone who has no understanding of the team concept or what it takes to excel at athletics.

The true "realist" understands that they have no control of what happens on the field or behind the closed doors at One Bills' Drive, so they do the prudent thing for a spectator. They enjoy the games on Sunday with family and friends, cheer for their team and realize that it's just entertainment.
        ------

"I was an integral part in the drafting process of EJ Manuel," Whaley said Thursday on NFL Network's Total Access. "I was the person that handled the draft process and setting up the board."

"We are committed. I want you to believe me when I say that," Whaley said of building around the second-year quarterback, per The Buffalo News. "I always tell you guys that I'll never say never because I don't want to paint myself in a corner, but when I do say something, I do it and I mean it and I try to fulfill it."

"We believe the addition of Sammy is going to be instant impact, not only to our quarterback, but to what our offensive coordinator can come up with game-plan wise and how defenses attack us," Whaley said.

Whaley on EJ Manuel: "We think we got a gem in this guy." (2:30)

"And as Mark says, if in three years maybe he's not [our quarterback of the future], then I'll be sitting there saying 'hey guys', .... anybody got a job for me?" - Doug Whaley

Comment

• ServoBillieves
          The Voice of Reason
          • Jul 2007

Originally posted by Fletch View Post
          The team was Miami, maybe one of the worst teams in the league with only an undrafted rookie RB after Moreno went out almost immediately. Miller's not even good, he's just not a rookie.

Tannehill?

Here's what I don't get, everyone's slamming Miami in their predictions here and talking about how horrible they are before the season starts. Then when we beat them we treat it as some sort of feat instead of just beating a very bad team.

They still managed to hang almost 300 yards on us and ran pretty well considering how bad or unproven their RBs are. I wouldn't have expected 4 ypc from those clown RBs, I expected less than 3.
          Stats padded by the unusual play in the last 2 minutes of both the 2nd and 4th quarters. When a team is in prevent, the short stuff is going to be given up easy.

Elite is a word used after 16 games have been played IMHO. Are they good? Yes. Suffocating? Yes. But let's see it through 16 games. Chicago was a great test, but we'll see if we can hold our own against Antonio Gates this Sunday. As for now, I'm reveling in the 2-0 start.
          Bye Bye Brady...

Comment

• gebobs
            One Bills Drive, Georgia - 871 miles south of Orchard Park
            • Sep 2003

So far they've been pulling a page from Walt Corey's "bend, don't break" playbook. Two games does not a trend make, but they are averaging 370 ypg against.

On the other hand, they are tied for 8th in opponent's 3rd down efficiency and have stopped three of four 4th down attempts. The defense has only been flagged for seven penalties totaling 63 yards despite the league-wide flood of calls on defensive backfields. They are 6th in sacks and 4th in turnovers.

All I can say is I'm glad this week is a home game. The crowd will be berserkowicz.
            Lehner's history. He just doesn't know it yet.

Comment

• PromoTheRobot
              • Sep 2003

Originally posted by Swiper View Post
              LOL. Let's not get carried away yet. If they can go to Seattle and do that, then we can talk.
              Smooth move setting a mark that's unattainable since we can't play in Seattle this year. Will beating SD count enough for you?
              Last edited by PromoTheRobot; 09-15-2014, 11:23 AM.
              10 Commandments of the D
              1. Never stop Rocking.
              2. Legalize all drugs.
              3. Quit your day job.
              4. All Religion should be taxed.
              5. Cut down on carbohydrates.
              6. F**k her gently.
              7. Never believe what people tell you after a show.
              8. Always take a spoon full of Metamucil after a heavy day of eating.
              9. Get at least 9 hours of sleep a day.
              10. Eatin' ain't cheatin'.

Comment

• ublinkwescore
                Sab and TD are insignificant
                • Sep 2002

Not yet. But give us back Kiko Alonso next year, and watch out.
                www.gamersconspiracy.com - where gamers conspire

Comment

• justasportsfan
                  • Jul 2002

I have a feeling after Sunday we'll be bumping this thread .
                  sacrifice1
                  https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
                    Skoobasaurus-Rex
                    • Oct 2011

Originally posted by PromoTheRobot View Post
                    we can't play in Seattle this year
                    We can play them at a neutral site.

Comment

• Lucidvizion
                      Surfing on the Edge of Infinity
                      • Feb 2005

I was worried after losing Pettine, but if this keeps up we may have actually upgraded at Defensive coordinator.

Comment

• imbondz
                        Democrats are people too
                        • Jan 2003

it makes it all the more disappointing that we lost Kiko for the season
                        My faith doesn’t make me perfect, it makes me forgiven.

Comment

• Gibby
                          • Jun 2006

Originally posted by Fletch View Post

Tannehill?

Yeah Miami stinks, not like they beat New England by double digits the week before. Yeah, just awful. Then those Bears, we all know about them, not good at all. **** it all. Absolutely hate being 2-0 and atop the AFC East. I myself (actually no **** I did predict 5-11 before the season) am pissed that this team is currently 2-0 in games I knew we lost. What the ****, I am soooooooo pissed. Its more important that I am right in saying this team sucks than enjoying a pipsqueak alone atop the AFC east and at least tied for the AFC East for at least another week regardless of win or loss 2-0 record. Damn it. 300 yards, yeah not at all like they were getting desperate and were playing from behind. No mention at all that we haven't trailed since the first quarter of the Bears game. Not like we've held two good running teams to less than 100 yards each. Never mind that we beat a Fish team that looked solid on both O and D against our arch nemisises in New England.

Bahumbug, I hate it when the Bills win almost as much as I hate payday, parties, and good health. Keep on preaching it dude, quite frankly I agree with ya, WE DON'T DESERVE to be 2-0. Of course we are, but nevertheless this team will lose and you and I can be there to say SEE!

Comment

• YardRat
                            Well, lookie here...
                            • Dec 2004

Anybody miss Byrd yet?
                            YardRat Wall of Fame
                            #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                            #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• The Jokeman
                              • Dec 2003

Originally posted by chernobylwraiths View Post
                              I tell my wife this all the time.
                              You're going through the BIG D and don't mean Dallas?

Comment

Working...
                              X