• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BLeonard
    BoB Sabermetrician
    • Jan 2003

NFL Finance Committee unanimously approves Pegula deal

Terry and Kim Pegula briefly addressed the media Wednesday, after the National Football League’s finance committee meeting. The Pegulas’ had their deal to buy the Buffalo Bills approved unanimously by the committee.

The Pegulas, who also own the Buffalo Sabres, are paying $1.4 billion for the team. Wednesday’s meeting was part of the final sale process.

Terry Pegula said Wednesday that they are not NFL franchise owners until after approval from the NFL owners on October 8th.
    Nothing surprising, but that step is now officially done.

-Bill
  • MitchMurrayDowntown
    Skoobasaurus-Rex
    • Oct 2011

Re: NFL Finance Committee unanimously approves Pegula deal

Unanimous, I like that.

Comment

• casdhf
      • Jul 2002

Tough to say "no" to a guy paying cash ...
      Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
      cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• kscdogbillsfan1221
        • Nov 2007

I'm sure there are some on this board that still think this won't happen
        I came.
        I saw.
        I conquered.

Comment

• justasportsfan
          • Jul 2002

blah! Even if all the owners vote for Pegula to own it, it won't pass until Fletch approves it.
          sacrifice1
          https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Buffalogic
            Rumblin' Stumblin' Bumblin'
            • Feb 2006

Very exciting. He will officially be the owner in 3 weeks.

Comment

• DetDannyWilliams
              Nobody in Hawaii wears a tie.
              • Feb 2013

WGRZ @WGRZ · 2h

WATCH: Terry Pegula talks about the process of buying the #Bills. http://on.wgrz.com/1rarMc2

Adam Benigni @AdamBenigni · 3h

Terry Pegula: "We have been trying to acquire the franchise... We're not NFL Owners yet.".@wgrz pic.twitter.com/jVlrtDH2OQ

Comment

• trapezeus
                Legendary Zoner
                • Oct 2004

"there is a conspiracy at a high level to move the team anyways because it doesn't work in buffalo"

"the owners didn't know they signed off on a lease and felt snookered by how amazing and crafty ralph was at wheeling and dealing at 92 years of age and keeping the team in buffalo for ever"

hopefully the last time we hear these idiotic comments that were rampant during March to September.

Comment

• YardRat
                  Well, lookie here...
                  • Dec 2004

Of course it was unanimous...the Pegs just inflated every other team's value above the billion dollar mark.
                  YardRat Wall of Fame
                  #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                  #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• stuckincincy
                    Buffalo Bills Fan
                    • Sep 2003

Originally posted by YardRat View Post
                    Of course it was unanimous...the Pegs just inflated every other team's value above the billion dollar mark.
                    That is a very astute observation...
                    Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Comment

• YardRat
                      Well, lookie here...
                      • Dec 2004

It will be interesting to see what those douchebags at Forbes come up with next year when they list team values for NFL teams.
                      YardRat Wall of Fame
                      #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                      #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• trapezeus
                        Legendary Zoner
                        • Oct 2004

Is Forbes taking into account recent prices, or just what the teams earnings are projected over expected increases in contracts?

Comment

• jamze132
                          Don’t hate…
                          • Jun 2003

Have to check the comps

Comment

• Fletch
                            • May 2007

Originally posted by Wagon Circler View Post
                            Very exciting. He will officially be the owner in 3 weeks.
                            Yeah, hopefully at the owners meeting it is finalized. 30-1 (Jerry Jones)
                            http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/sho...s-haters/page3

Post #46

Originally posted by Yasgur's Farm
                            (Moderator) My name's Max Yasgur, and I approve of this post.
                            Originally Posted by pmoon6
                            The idea that you "won't settle" presumes that you have some kind of control. Delusional thinking at best for a supposed fan of a spectators' sport. Your way to deal with it is to constantly ***** and denigrate any move, any result concerning the team even if it's positive because you don't want your whittle feewings hurt again. It's a protection mechanism.

You shroud your childish approach in a vale of pompous, intellectual garbage in an attempt to look smart and "real". You over-analyze even minute points and manipulate statistics to fit your negative view of the team. Again, to feel good about yourself and to protect from getting hurt.

Of course, the criticisms are obviously from someone who has no understanding of the team concept or what it takes to excel at athletics.

The true "realist" understands that they have no control of what happens on the field or behind the closed doors at One Bills' Drive, so they do the prudent thing for a spectator. They enjoy the games on Sunday with family and friends, cheer for their team and realize that it's just entertainment.
                            ------

"I was an integral part in the drafting process of EJ Manuel," Whaley said Thursday on NFL Network's Total Access. "I was the person that handled the draft process and setting up the board."

"We are committed. I want you to believe me when I say that," Whaley said of building around the second-year quarterback, per The Buffalo News. "I always tell you guys that I'll never say never because I don't want to paint myself in a corner, but when I do say something, I do it and I mean it and I try to fulfill it."

"We believe the addition of Sammy is going to be instant impact, not only to our quarterback, but to what our offensive coordinator can come up with game-plan wise and how defenses attack us," Whaley said.

Whaley on EJ Manuel: "We think we got a gem in this guy." (2:30)

"And as Mark says, if in three years maybe he's not [our quarterback of the future], then I'll be sitting there saying 'hey guys', .... anybody got a job for me?" - Doug Whaley

Comment

• Fletch
                              • May 2007

Originally posted by YardRat View Post
                              It will be interesting to see what those douchebags at Forbes come up with next year when they list team values for NFL teams.
                              Originally posted by trapezeus View Post
                              Is Forbes taking into account recent prices, or just what the teams earnings are projected over expected increases in contracts?
                              We should be on our knees in front of Pegula. This deal doesn't necessarily make good business sense, especially if he has to build his own stadium out of his own pocket entirely, but clearly he doesn't care, which is good for us.
                              http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/sho...s-haters/page3

Post #46

Originally posted by Yasgur's Farm
                              (Moderator) My name's Max Yasgur, and I approve of this post.
                              Originally Posted by pmoon6
                              The idea that you "won't settle" presumes that you have some kind of control. Delusional thinking at best for a supposed fan of a spectators' sport. Your way to deal with it is to constantly ***** and denigrate any move, any result concerning the team even if it's positive because you don't want your whittle feewings hurt again. It's a protection mechanism.

You shroud your childish approach in a vale of pompous, intellectual garbage in an attempt to look smart and "real". You over-analyze even minute points and manipulate statistics to fit your negative view of the team. Again, to feel good about yourself and to protect from getting hurt.

Of course, the criticisms are obviously from someone who has no understanding of the team concept or what it takes to excel at athletics.

The true "realist" understands that they have no control of what happens on the field or behind the closed doors at One Bills' Drive, so they do the prudent thing for a spectator. They enjoy the games on Sunday with family and friends, cheer for their team and realize that it's just entertainment.
                              ------

"I was an integral part in the drafting process of EJ Manuel," Whaley said Thursday on NFL Network's Total Access. "I was the person that handled the draft process and setting up the board."

"We are committed. I want you to believe me when I say that," Whaley said of building around the second-year quarterback, per The Buffalo News. "I always tell you guys that I'll never say never because I don't want to paint myself in a corner, but when I do say something, I do it and I mean it and I try to fulfill it."

"We believe the addition of Sammy is going to be instant impact, not only to our quarterback, but to what our offensive coordinator can come up with game-plan wise and how defenses attack us," Whaley said.

Whaley on EJ Manuel: "We think we got a gem in this guy." (2:30)

"And as Mark says, if in three years maybe he's not [our quarterback of the future], then I'll be sitting there saying 'hey guys', .... anybody got a job for me?" - Doug Whaley

Comment

Working...
                              X