• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

EJ and Gilmore

Two more Bills draft picks who will never live up to their draft position.

Gilmore got toasted today and was flagged yet again. He should be a lock-down corner justifying that top 10 draft status, but instead he's playing like a nickel or dime corner who should be covering the other team's #4 WR while the FA we brought in to be the nickel corner outplays him.

EJ- I can deal with the missed read on fourth down because he will learn to make better reads. I can deal with that awful sack as long as he learns from it and it never happens again. The safety was epically stupid, and while the OL didn't do him any favors that play, it showed a complete lack of situational awareness. And the accuracy issues abound. He missed at least 4 wide open guys that would have gone for huge gains.

As bad as the D played, we could have won this game if a) we had fewer penalties and b) EJ was more accurate.
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website
  • The King
    Without me it's just Awe so
    • Jun 2004

Re: EJ and Gilmore

Gilmore was mediocre to begin with, not being able to play physical has rendered him useless.
    I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
    "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
    You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
    It was all
    true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
    He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
    mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• justasportsfan
      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
      b) EJ was more accurate.
      hard to be accurate when you're clueless.
      sacrifice1
      https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• OpIv37
        Acid Douching Asswipe
        • Sep 2002

Originally posted by justasportsfan View Post
        hard to be accurate when you're clueless.
        He certainly looked clueless yesterday.
        MiKiDo Facebook
        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• GreedoII
          • Aug 2007

Gilmore is fine. he just needs to know how to tackle...lol

Comment

• gr8slayer
            • Feb 2005

Manuel makes sense, he has an excuse, I don't get what's going on with Gilmore. This is the style of defense that's right up his alley, it's 100% suited to him, maybe he's hurt?

Comment

• trapezeus
              Legendary Zoner
              • Oct 2004

EJ's stand out htis issue that didn't seem to be the case in week 1-2 was that he wasn't ready to make a decision early. and he relied on wanting to duck out of the pocket and find a receiver down the field. it worked a couple times. it failed more often. Part of that is being a young qb, part of that is an OC not having him ready to see what he should be seeing. get that clock going in your head.

his accuracy is a problem and i dont see it getting better. i think receivers are going to have days where they bail him out and other days where they just can't. to offset that, they need to run the ball better. if CJ is the main back, he's got to do better than 2.5 yards a carry. they will need a few more looks with different options from those running plays. then have ej be a 20 pass guy that just needs to connect on 12 of them to keep the chains moving. they did that week 1-2. they didn't do that week 3.

also, i don't think i've ever seen a bills team win with 11 penalties. so that is priority number 1. clean that up and it gives you a chance. then fix the strategy items and let the guy you know who has to be average a chance to be average.

Comment

• ICRockets
                Legendary Zoner
                • Jul 2008

I still think EJ has a shot to be our guy in the long run, but there's no denying this is the exact sort of game we need to not see from him more than twice a season. Our defense got it done in the 4th, and EJ did not.

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                  Unreachable Douche
                  • Jul 2002

The Bills drives this year...Has the offense really done anything this year?

Bears

15:00 1 01:30 BUF 20 3 4 Punt
                  11:35 1 04:43 BUF 29 9 71 Touchdown Keyplay: 32 yard Completion to Woods on 3rd down the Bears defender missed played
                  03:47 2 03:55 BUF 20 6 36 PUNT
                  11:30 2 03:23 CHI 46 6 14 Field Goal
                  05:36 2 00:06 CHI 7 1 7 Touchdown Keyplay: Bills D intercepts Cutler
                  01:49 2 01:13 BUF 13 4 39 Punt
                  09:34 3 02:41 BUF 20 6 28 Interception
                  04:23 3 03:28 BUF 18 5 14 Punt
                  13:19 4 01:39 BUF 38 3 7 Punt
                  07:52 4 03:50 BUF 48 8 37 Field Goal Keyplay: Kyle Williams intercepts Cutler
                  00:30 4 00:30 BUF 20 1 -1 End of Half
                  13:20 OT 03:34 BUF 22 7 69 Field Goal Keyplay: Jackson 39 yard run

Miami Pathetic display of offense with the great starting positions setup by the Defense and Special Teams

15:00 1 03:15 BUF 14 7 40 Punt
                  09:33 1 04:46 BUF 41 10 49 Field Goal Key: Drive start
                  02:12 1 01:50 MIA 31 6 22 Field Goal Key: Drive start
                  12:37 2 02:15 BUF 47 6 40 Field Goal Key: Drive Start
                  08:44 2 01:13 BUF 25 4 16 Punt
                  05:19 2 02:58 BUF 31 6 30 Punt
                  09:35 3 00:12 BUF 0 0 0 Touchdown
                  03:15 3 03:02 BUF 23 6 77 Touchdown
                  14:46 4 04:14 MIA 48 8 34 Field Goal Key: Drive start
                  07:25 4 01:40 MIA 48 3 -2 Punt
                  05:45 4 01:30 MIA 17 4 4 Missed FG Key: Drive start
                  03:32 4 01:38 MIA 27 4 7 Field Goal Key: Drive start
                  00:10 4 00:10 BUF 10 1 -2 End of Game

Chargers

15:00 1 01:57 BUF 20 3 7 Punt
                  09:45 1 06:36 BUF 20 11 32 Punt
                  10:18 2 01:51 BUF 36 3 4 Punt
                  05:54 2 02:58 BUF 8 8 65 Field Goal
                  00:21 2 00:21 BUF 23 1 0 End of Half
                  07:31 3 06:15 BUF 33 11 67 Touchdown
                  14:21 4 01:55 BUF 20 4 6 Punt
                  10:53 4 02:30 BUF 20 6 37 Downs
                  06:44 4 01:38 BUF 20 4 -10 Punt
                  03:28 4 00:05 BUF 9 1 -9 Safety
                  02:20 4 02:20 BUF 5 14 84 Downs

Comment

• Fletch
                    • May 2007

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
                    As bad as the D played, we could have won this game if a) we had fewer penalties and b) EJ was more accurate.
                    Can't speak to how many penalties we'll have in the future, but get used to EJ being inaccurate. He's been that way for years. Whaley should have researched the pick quite a bit more. Penalties like we have them are a coaching issue. 86 penalty yards per game on average. The good news is that Belicheat's disciplined Pats are last.

Pegula can't get involved soon enough.
                    Last edited by Fletch; 09-22-2014, 12:01 PM.
                    http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/sho...s-haters/page3

Post #46

Originally posted by Yasgur's Farm
                    (Moderator) My name's Max Yasgur, and I approve of this post.
                    Originally Posted by pmoon6
                    The idea that you "won't settle" presumes that you have some kind of control. Delusional thinking at best for a supposed fan of a spectators' sport. Your way to deal with it is to constantly ***** and denigrate any move, any result concerning the team even if it's positive because you don't want your whittle feewings hurt again. It's a protection mechanism.

You shroud your childish approach in a vale of pompous, intellectual garbage in an attempt to look smart and "real". You over-analyze even minute points and manipulate statistics to fit your negative view of the team. Again, to feel good about yourself and to protect from getting hurt.

Of course, the criticisms are obviously from someone who has no understanding of the team concept or what it takes to excel at athletics.

The true "realist" understands that they have no control of what happens on the field or behind the closed doors at One Bills' Drive, so they do the prudent thing for a spectator. They enjoy the games on Sunday with family and friends, cheer for their team and realize that it's just entertainment.
                    ------

"I was an integral part in the drafting process of EJ Manuel," Whaley said Thursday on NFL Network's Total Access. "I was the person that handled the draft process and setting up the board."

"We are committed. I want you to believe me when I say that," Whaley said of building around the second-year quarterback, per The Buffalo News. "I always tell you guys that I'll never say never because I don't want to paint myself in a corner, but when I do say something, I do it and I mean it and I try to fulfill it."

"We believe the addition of Sammy is going to be instant impact, not only to our quarterback, but to what our offensive coordinator can come up with game-plan wise and how defenses attack us," Whaley said.

Whaley on EJ Manuel: "We think we got a gem in this guy." (2:30)

"And as Mark says, if in three years maybe he's not [our quarterback of the future], then I'll be sitting there saying 'hey guys', .... anybody got a job for me?" - Doug Whaley

Comment

• justasportsfan
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by ICRockets View Post
                      I still think EJ has a shot to be our guy in the long run,

I don't think he'll ever be able to zip a ball on a consistent basis if he had to. Even Kelly mentioned EJ needing to fix that. Because of that, I don't think he'll ever evolve to being more than a slightly above average qb. We need more than just an above average qb if we want to get to the sb.With an above average qb (if EJ ever gets to be one) we better have a running game and a D like the seahawks.
                      sacrifice1
                      https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Fletch
                        • May 2007

I think you're being kind. I don't think he'll ever even become an average QB. He's destined to become a poor starting QB at this level.

I'm not sure why anyone thinks that he was a whole lot more than barely adequate at FSU. He enjoyed an enormous talent advantage when his Noles played their schedule that just doesn't exist in the NFL. He was good but hardly great down there.
                        http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/sho...s-haters/page3

Post #46

Originally posted by Yasgur's Farm
                        (Moderator) My name's Max Yasgur, and I approve of this post.
                        Originally Posted by pmoon6
                        The idea that you "won't settle" presumes that you have some kind of control. Delusional thinking at best for a supposed fan of a spectators' sport. Your way to deal with it is to constantly ***** and denigrate any move, any result concerning the team even if it's positive because you don't want your whittle feewings hurt again. It's a protection mechanism.

You shroud your childish approach in a vale of pompous, intellectual garbage in an attempt to look smart and "real". You over-analyze even minute points and manipulate statistics to fit your negative view of the team. Again, to feel good about yourself and to protect from getting hurt.

Of course, the criticisms are obviously from someone who has no understanding of the team concept or what it takes to excel at athletics.

The true "realist" understands that they have no control of what happens on the field or behind the closed doors at One Bills' Drive, so they do the prudent thing for a spectator. They enjoy the games on Sunday with family and friends, cheer for their team and realize that it's just entertainment.
                        ------

"I was an integral part in the drafting process of EJ Manuel," Whaley said Thursday on NFL Network's Total Access. "I was the person that handled the draft process and setting up the board."

"We are committed. I want you to believe me when I say that," Whaley said of building around the second-year quarterback, per The Buffalo News. "I always tell you guys that I'll never say never because I don't want to paint myself in a corner, but when I do say something, I do it and I mean it and I try to fulfill it."

"We believe the addition of Sammy is going to be instant impact, not only to our quarterback, but to what our offensive coordinator can come up with game-plan wise and how defenses attack us," Whaley said.

Whaley on EJ Manuel: "We think we got a gem in this guy." (2:30)

"And as Mark says, if in three years maybe he's not [our quarterback of the future], then I'll be sitting there saying 'hey guys', .... anybody got a job for me?" - Doug Whaley

Comment

• Spartacus
                          • Mar 2003

Gilmore needs to get a ****ing haircut.

You only get to be look like a Nubian warrior after you show you can play like one.
                          My tebya razdavim

Comment

• Meathead
                            Insufferable ***** and perpetual crybaby
                            • Jul 2002

yesterday was the first time i because officially concerned about ejs game. he still has time to recover but he cant be having horrible stretches like he had yesterday more than a couple times all season. everybody has bad games but theres bad and then theres epic bad, like he was yesterday. final stats look respectable, but they dont tell the real tale of ineptitude when they needed him to not suck

so yeah entirely possible it was just the kind of real stinker that every qb throws now and again. and they definitely need to give him the chance to see if he has that key ability to rebound. but if it happens again in the next few games i think they really have to look at sitting him and see if orton can spark the team. even if that happens ej isnt finished, lots of young qbs have been sat down and recovered later, but of course it would not be a good sign for him
                            One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• Meathead
                              Insufferable ***** and perpetual crybaby
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Spartacus View Post
                              You only get to be look like a Nubian warrior after you show you can play like one.
                              then again if hes trying to look like a nubian princess hes been right on the money

may be time to consider having graham ahead of him in the rotation
                              One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

Working...
                              X