• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • swiper
    Legendary Zoner
    • Sep 2010

TJ Graham cut by Titans

Could have had Kirk Cousins, Nick Foles or Russell Wilson. Thanks Buddy.

Titans cut T.J. Graham, sign Chase Coffman

Posted by Josh Alper on September 23, 2014, 5:20 PM EDT

Graham caught 54 passes in his first two years with the Bills, but failed to make the team of training camp this summer and was claimed off of waivers by the Titans.

He didn’t see action in any of the first three Titans games of the season, however, and the team decided to move in a different direction on Tuesday.

The Titans announced that they have waived Graham and signed tight end Chase Coffman. Coffman has four catches in 22 career games with the Bengals and Falcons and spent training camp with Tennessee before being dropped as the team set its initial 53-man roster.

Graham’s speed was his big calling card coming into the NFL and it could earn him looks from other teams in the future, but it takes more than a good set of wheels to make it in the NFL and Graham is running out of time to show that he has the other requisite skills.

Last edited by swiper; 09-23-2014, 06:52 PM.
  • sudzy
    • Apr 2013

Re: TJ Graham cut by Titans

Cousin, Foles and Wilson. But, why draft a QB in a strong QB draft? When you can try and force a pick out of one of the worst QB drafts? That's what all the good teams do. Right?

Comment

• Swiper
      Legendary Zoner
      • Sep 2010

That's the point. Buddy Nix didn't have a solid QB at that time and should have taken one of those guys.

Comment

• Swiper
        Legendary Zoner
        • Sep 2010

By missing on that particular pick, Nix put the Bills back up to ten years.

Comment

• Mace
          Haha...yeah you think so ?
          • Mar 2013

I don't honestly remember being upset with that pick though it amazed me. I was more upset with Aaron Williams over Kaepernick in 2011, and hiring Doug Marrone instead of Bruce Arians in 2013.

I'm not real sure if Cousins, Foles, or Wilson would have done well here, but for that matter don't know Kaepernick or Arians would have either. Kapernick seemed a perfect Gailey QB though and Arians doesn't seem like he suffers fools so....Wilson maybe, but he's ideal with Carroll in Seattle.

Biggest tragedy to me is that they had to reach for a QB in the QB-feeble 2013 draft then were unprepared with what do do with him.

Comment

• kingJofNYC
            • Sep 2009

I hated the Aaron Williams pick too, thought he was a bad CB, not for nothing though, he's done alright so far at S.

TJ Graham was an out of nowhere pick. I had no clue why would take him, was shocked, so I had no hate or anything like that, just numbness...lol.

Comment

• The Jokeman
              • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Swiper View Post
              By missing on that particular pick, Nix put the Bills back up to ten years.
              That's a bit over dramatic don't you think?

Comment

• The Jokeman
                • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Mace View Post
                I don't honestly remember being upset with that pick though it amazed me. I was more upset with Aaron Williams over Kaepernick in 2011, and hiring Doug Marrone instead of Bruce Arians in 2013.

I'm not real sure if Cousins, Foles, or Wilson would have done well here, but for that matter don't know Kaepernick or Arians would have either. Kapernick seemed a perfect Gailey QB though and Arians doesn't seem like he suffers fools so....Wilson maybe, but he's ideal with Carroll in Seattle.

Biggest tragedy to me is that they had to reach for a QB in the QB-feeble 2013 draft then were unprepared with what do do with him.
                I'll agree to this one as to me Kaepernick was the perfect QB for Chan's spread offense that said many thought he might fall into the 3rd or 4th Round.

Comment

• Homegrown
                  Havin' a ball ... rollin' to the bottom
                  • Jul 2008

Originally posted by The Jokeman View Post
                  Swiper was counting in leap years

Comment

• Swiper
                    Legendary Zoner
                    • Sep 2010

Originally posted by The Jokeman View Post
                    No. That pick should have been a QB in 2012. They waited until 2013 to take Manuel who had an injury prone first year. They will likely give him through the end of 2015 to determine he sucks. They draft a new QB and give him 3 to 4 years to see what he hopefully has. Ten years is not melodramatic at all.

Comment

• Fletch
                      • May 2007

Funny how everyone now says that they were stumped at the pick. I distinctly remember a good many people talking about how Graham was going to "stretch the field" and be a real deep threat.

I loved Wilson then and expressed that but was informed that the staff knew more than we did on the matter. Guess not so much in hindsight. lol

Before Graham Easley was going to light things up for us deep. Last season it was Goodwin who predictably didn't even put up 300 yards.

Now it's Watkins. But the cool thing about Watkins is that he'll take any old throw and gain 10 or 15 yards after the catch. Right?

Funny thing is that he has 4 yards after the catch and ranks in an umpteenth way tie at 186th for YAC. Mike Evans has 20 yac and Benjamin has the same 4 yards. Watkins has 8 1st downs to Evans' 7 and Benjamin's 12.

I'm not seeing that we're getting what we were told here.
                      http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/sho...s-haters/page3

Post #46

Originally posted by Yasgur's Farm
                      (Moderator) My name's Max Yasgur, and I approve of this post.
                      Originally Posted by pmoon6
                      The idea that you "won't settle" presumes that you have some kind of control. Delusional thinking at best for a supposed fan of a spectators' sport. Your way to deal with it is to constantly ***** and denigrate any move, any result concerning the team even if it's positive because you don't want your whittle feewings hurt again. It's a protection mechanism.

You shroud your childish approach in a vale of pompous, intellectual garbage in an attempt to look smart and "real". You over-analyze even minute points and manipulate statistics to fit your negative view of the team. Again, to feel good about yourself and to protect from getting hurt.

Of course, the criticisms are obviously from someone who has no understanding of the team concept or what it takes to excel at athletics.

The true "realist" understands that they have no control of what happens on the field or behind the closed doors at One Bills' Drive, so they do the prudent thing for a spectator. They enjoy the games on Sunday with family and friends, cheer for their team and realize that it's just entertainment.
                      ------

"I was an integral part in the drafting process of EJ Manuel," Whaley said Thursday on NFL Network's Total Access. "I was the person that handled the draft process and setting up the board."

"We are committed. I want you to believe me when I say that," Whaley said of building around the second-year quarterback, per The Buffalo News. "I always tell you guys that I'll never say never because I don't want to paint myself in a corner, but when I do say something, I do it and I mean it and I try to fulfill it."

"We believe the addition of Sammy is going to be instant impact, not only to our quarterback, but to what our offensive coordinator can come up with game-plan wise and how defenses attack us," Whaley said.

Whaley on EJ Manuel: "We think we got a gem in this guy." (2:30)

"And as Mark says, if in three years maybe he's not [our quarterback of the future], then I'll be sitting there saying 'hey guys', .... anybody got a job for me?" - Doug Whaley

Comment

• stuckincincy
                        Buffalo Bills Fan
                        • Sep 2003

Originally posted by Swiper View Post
                        Could have had Kirk Cousins, Nick Foles or Russell Wilson. Thanks Buddy.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...chase-coffman/
                        Coffman is still out there? He was a ghastly waste of a pick by CIN - they blew a 3rd round pick on him in 2009, and he was injured before the pick. He's the poster child for college ball designating large WRs as tight ends. CIN tried with him, but he couldn't block a maple leaf falling from a tree.
                        Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Comment

• Yasgur's Farm
                          • Feb 2005

Hate to bring this up... But I could see the Bills picking up Graham to fill in a few weeks for Easley. He knows the system well.

Comment

• stuckincincy
                            Buffalo Bills Fan
                            • Sep 2003

Originally posted by Yasgur's Farm View Post
                            Hate to bring this up... But I could see the Bills picking up Graham to fill in a few weeks for Easley. He knows the system well.
                            Sadly, that might be true to form. Can't connect with recievers, so axe a ST ace...
                            Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                              Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Originally posted by sudzy View Post
                              Cousin, Foles and Wilson. But, why draft a QB in a strong QB draft? When you can try and force a pick out of one of the worst QB drafts? That's what all the good teams do. Right?
                              If you can tell us which are the diamond in the rough QBs, I'm sure they'll be happy to draft them.

Comment

Working...
                              X