• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • paladin warrior
    All-Pro Zoner
    • Oct 2004

E.J. is hurt ?

E.J. Manuel is listed on the Bills' injury report with an abdominal injury.

Manuel practiced in full on Wednesday, so it's not a concern for his Week 4 status. The Bills are likely to go run-heavy this week in a matchup with a Houston defense allowing 141.7 yards per game to opposing running backs.

• sukie
    Seriously?
    • Sep 2012

Re: E.J. is hurt ?

The injury isn't serious ... just will limit his ability to show any real guts while in the pocket.

Comment

• Swiper
      Legendary Zoner
      • Sep 2010

Originally posted by sukie View Post
      The injury isn't serious ... just will limit his ability to show any real guts while in the pocket.
      So he's always had this injury?

Comment

• sukie
        Seriously?
        • Sep 2012

Originally posted by Swiper View Post
        So he's always had this injury?
        I hear it can be nagging...

Comment

• stuckincincy
          Buffalo Bills Fan
          • Sep 2003

Gosh - does this mean that Orton might have to put down the clipboard and get off that $4M hammock and suit up for his 14th game appearance in 4 years?
          Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
            Skoobasaurus-Rex
            • Oct 2011

Originally posted by stuckincincy View Post
            Gosh - does this mean that Orton might have to put down the clipboard and get off that $4M hammock and suit up for his 14th game appearance in 4 years?
            $4 M ? $4 Million net.

Comment

• WagonCircler
              Escaped Convict
              • Jul 2002

Never eat Mighty Taco before bed time.

Come on, EJ! Rookie mistake.

Comment

• Buffalogic
                Rumblin' Stumblin' Bumblin'
                • Feb 2006

Someone kidnap EJ ala Ace Ventura. Franchise saved.

Comment

• Yasgur's Farm
                  • Feb 2005

Don't get excited Skooby... I'll be collecting that 50K ZB's from you.

Comment

• Meathead
                    Insufferable ***** and perpetual crybaby
                    • Jul 2002

in todays practice ejs arm had suddenly gone completely numb, though he continued throwing. in other news, ejs completion percentage hitting wide open receivers didnt change

dudes got a mental block or something. hey look woods is open for a big gainer, lets throw it to the gatorade table. sammy streaking over the middle for a touchdown, so let me try to hit one of those thousand fat guys in the rockpile

remember a few weeks ago marrone says ej is trying to aim the ball now and he just had to let it fly. ok maybe its time to let him start aiming again. at least install a damn cross hair in his facemask
                    One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
                      Legendary Zoner
                      • May 2009

Marrone is getting it set up for why Orton is going to put into a game in the near future.

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                        Unreachable Douche
                        • Jul 2002

Not surprised he's injured or that he will get injured again.

Comment

• ghz in pittsburgh
                          • Aug 2004

Say what you will, but I like his demeanor, the seemingly strong desire to be great, and good work ethics. In a way I seee why Nix, Whaley etc. drafted him in the first round because a guy with his natural talent and the attributes I just mentioned, sooner or later, good results will follow if not derailed by injury (hence the the instruction to not get injured).

I think the Steve McNair comparison is valid. McNair played 11 games in his first two years before he came on in year 3 and reached superbowl in year 5 while still averaging less than 200 yards a game; always having more TDs than INTs.

Yes the bar is not set very high if McNair is your model and people today do not have nearly the patience like back then almost 20 years ago (fans, coaches, owners). Looking from afar, it seems like it was the strategy of OBD until Wilson's passing which prompted them do things like trading for Watkins.

We'll see what goes forward. Personally I don't see Manuel will perform like Geno Smith to lose you a game or win you a game, more of muddling nondescriptive games. Nix/Whaley started the process of building a good defense and I hate the kind of decision trading away 1st round picks. With McNair, the Titans didn't get super good when they drafted Jevon Kearse. The Bills won't have a chance for a Kearse next year. And they haven't find an Eddie George yet.

Comment

• Fletch
                            • May 2007

Originally posted by ghz in pittsburgh View Post
                            Say what you will, but I like his demeanor, the seemingly strong desire to be great, and good work ethics. In a way I seee why Nix, Whaley etc. drafted him in the first round because a guy with his natural talent and the attributes I just mentioned, sooner or later, good results will follow if not derailed by injury (hence the the instruction to not get injured).
                            Not sure why anyone would think that good results will follow based on soft characteristics.

First of all it was not Nix, it was Whaley, entirely. When you say "natural talent" you must be referring to his natual athletic ability since you didn't specify. But that, a strong work ethic, a desire to be great, and leadership abilities are all overcome by the more mechanical issues that he have for which there appears to be no shortage.

He's not going to have any good results until he can straighten out his mechanics, and once again, they tried that for a couple of years at FSU before conceding that he was incapable and adjusting the offense to accommodate his weaknesses.

Clearly we tried last season and failed here too. So I'm not sure why you see a light at the end of that tunnel. We can keep saying it all we want, but there has to be a reason besides just that eventually something will shake loose when it never has in the past.

You know the often cited quote defining insanity by Einstein, right?

It's a futile battle and as such the reaching by Whaley to draft Manuel was a poor choice, but the choice to draft Watkins at the expense that was required for the sole purpose of catering to a QB that probably won't even be starting here next season was an even worse one. What if our next QB is more suited to the strengths and skills of one of several other WRs more than he is to Watkins' bubble screen MO? Then the pick will look twice as horrible as it now looks.

This front office cannot be ousted fast enough. Pegula better be on the stick on this one.
                            Last edited by Fletch; 09-25-2014, 07:33 AM.
                            http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/sho...s-haters/page3

Post #46

Originally posted by Yasgur's Farm
                            (Moderator) My name's Max Yasgur, and I approve of this post.
                            Originally Posted by pmoon6
                            The idea that you "won't settle" presumes that you have some kind of control. Delusional thinking at best for a supposed fan of a spectators' sport. Your way to deal with it is to constantly ***** and denigrate any move, any result concerning the team even if it's positive because you don't want your whittle feewings hurt again. It's a protection mechanism.

You shroud your childish approach in a vale of pompous, intellectual garbage in an attempt to look smart and "real". You over-analyze even minute points and manipulate statistics to fit your negative view of the team. Again, to feel good about yourself and to protect from getting hurt.

Of course, the criticisms are obviously from someone who has no understanding of the team concept or what it takes to excel at athletics.

The true "realist" understands that they have no control of what happens on the field or behind the closed doors at One Bills' Drive, so they do the prudent thing for a spectator. They enjoy the games on Sunday with family and friends, cheer for their team and realize that it's just entertainment.
                            ------

"I was an integral part in the drafting process of EJ Manuel," Whaley said Thursday on NFL Network's Total Access. "I was the person that handled the draft process and setting up the board."

"We are committed. I want you to believe me when I say that," Whaley said of building around the second-year quarterback, per The Buffalo News. "I always tell you guys that I'll never say never because I don't want to paint myself in a corner, but when I do say something, I do it and I mean it and I try to fulfill it."

"We believe the addition of Sammy is going to be instant impact, not only to our quarterback, but to what our offensive coordinator can come up with game-plan wise and how defenses attack us," Whaley said.

Whaley on EJ Manuel: "We think we got a gem in this guy." (2:30)

"And as Mark says, if in three years maybe he's not [our quarterback of the future], then I'll be sitting there saying 'hey guys', .... anybody got a job for me?" - Doug Whaley

Comment

• casdhf
                              • Jul 2002

Do you really need to turn every thread into a Whaley/Watkins discussion?
                              Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
                              cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

Working...
                              X