X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DesertFox24
    • Jul 2005

I don't get the so called "experts" hate of EJ

Ej is by no means a finished product or can anyone say with definite what he is but as of right now he has a 90 qb rating and is higher than average qb rating and only one turnover. What I don't understand is why so many "experts" say he is worst qb in league. Only 13 starts and bills not asking him to win games just manage for now

All that aside if you look at stats through first 13 games EJ is better than tanneyhill and geno.

I just wonder if people expect ej to do more with his talent. Which I agree he has way more talent than most young qbs have had, but hard to evaluate when we do not have the whole picture. I guess I just need to start unfollowing these ex scouts they are ex scouts for a reason.
  • DesertFox24
    • Jul 2005

Re: I don't get the so called "experts" hate of EJ

What I mean by whole picture is we so not know what the bills are telling him to do. It is clear they are taking his development wry slowly. Time will tell if that works or not.

Comment

• Dr. Who
      • Jul 2002

Go read your Plato. Experts are usually "sophists" who say whatever is expedient. Right now, a lot of them benefit from internet clicks and they know an impatient Bills' fanbase will eat up any negative crap.

Comment

• k-oneputt
        • Jun 2009

Can't complete a pass thrown in the AIR more then 10 yds.

Lets start there. Then we can get into seeing the field, progressions, feel in the pocket, instincts ....

Comment

• justasportsfan
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by DesertFox24 View Post
          What I mean by whole picture is we so not know what the bills are telling him to do.
          I'm pretty sure the bills are telling him to throw to OPEN receivers. He's not seeing them therefore he's not doing it. Of course that based on the SD game and you're only as good as your last game.

It is clear they are taking his development wry slowly. Time will tell if that works or not.
          Time is not on Marrone or Whaley's side with new ownership coming in. If EJ is the only reason that the team in not making playoffs, you and I will have to be patient AGAIN when Pegula cleans house because MArrone/Whaley hitched their wagon on EJ.

If EJ is a project, then let him sit on the bench like Aaron Rogers had to. Marrone and Whaley shouldn't be talking about winning now and then use the season to develop a project.

I'm not an EJ hater . I'm tired just of being patient . I picked Ej amongst all the qb's in his draft class but I'll call it as I see it. He had 2 good games at the start of the season and said it.

The reason why I haven't given up on him is because I knew he wasn't Andrew Luck. I allowed all the excuses given to him last year to stick. He spent last years off season preparing for the combine, he got injured, he didn't have a Qb coach,etc. Now that he had all offseason to prepare, healthy and a QB coach, there should be no reason why he should play like he did last year.

He had to 2 games, but his last game here reverted back to last year. I'm pulling for him but he looked lost.
          Last edited by justasportsfan; 09-25-2014, 11:41 AM.
          sacrifice1
          https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• DesertFox24
            • Jul 2005

Originally posted by k-oneputt View Post

Lets start there. Then we can get into seeing the field, progressions, feel in the pocket, instincts ....
            I saw him make plenty of downfield throws against The bears and even the phins

Comment

• DesertFox24
              • Jul 2005

Originally posted by justasportsfan View Post
              I'm pretty sure the bills are telling him to throw to OPEN receivers. He's not seeing them therefore he's not doing it. Of course that based on the SD game and you're only as good as your last game.

Time is not on Marrone or Whaley's side with new ownership coming in. If EJ is the only reason that the team in not making playoffs, you and I will have to be patient AGAIN when Pegula cleans house because MArrone/Whaley hitched their wagon on EJ.

If EJ is a project, then let him sit on the bench like Aaron Rogers had to. Marrone and Whaley shouldn't be talking about winning now and then use the season to develop a project.

I'm not an EJ hater . I'm tired just of being patient . I picked Ej amongst all the qb's in his draft class but I'll call it as I see it. He had 2 good games at the start of the season and said it.

The reason why I haven't given up on him is because I knew he wasn't Andrew Luck. I allowed all the excuses given to him last year to stick. He spent last years off season preparing for the combine, he got injured, he didn't have a Qb coach,etc. Now that he had all offseason to prepare, healthy and a QB coach, there should be no reason why he should play like he did last year.

He had to 2 games, but his last game here reverted back to last year. I'm pulling for him but he looked lost.
              Well I am very interested to see how he responds and to hopefully see him string together a few good games. What I don't want is consecutive bad games

Comment

• BuffaloRedleg
                • Aug 2013

I don't see Geno or Tanny getting any love either though.

Comment

• Bill Cody
                  • Sep 2004

Originally posted by justasportsfan View Post

It's not going to be the last time he drops a stinker that's for sure. Growth at the QB position is never linear especially with a project like EJ. My hope before the season was that we'd be 3-3 after 6 games under the assumption that EJ would be less than effective in 3 of them. The Aaron Rodgers reference is ridiculous. Orton wouldn't be allowed to launder Brett Favre's jock strap. And frankly EJ is no Rodgers. The expectations for EJ were unrealistic last year and remain so. It doesn't matter if you're patient or not, give up on him, stay in his corner, whatever. The process is what it is. It will be 5 years before EJ is a completely finished product. The only way he gets that far is to continue to progress. But it won't be without some major bumps in the road. Jus sayin.

Comment

• DesertFox24
                    • Jul 2005

Originally posted by BuffaloRedleg View Post
                    I don't see Geno or Tanny getting any love either though.
                    This douche john middlekauf who claims to be a draft guy and ex nfl scout said he does not understand tanneyhill hate and said not like he has been ej bad. When prodded by people said geNo The best none luck guy from the past few drafts. Said Carr probably better than all

Comment

• DesertFox24
                      • Jul 2005

Originally posted by Bill Cody View Post
                      It's not going to be the last time he drops a stinker that's for sure. Growth at the QB position is never linear especially with a project like EJ. My hope before the season was that we'd be 3-3 after 6 games under the assumption that EJ would be less than effective in 3 of them. The Aaron Rodgers reference is ridiculous. Orton wouldn't be allowed to launder Brett Favre's jock strap. And frankly EJ is no Rodgers. The expectations for EJ were unrealistic last year and remain so. It doesn't matter if you're patient or not, give up on him, stay in his corner, whatever. The process is what it is. It will be 5 years before EJ is a completely finished product. The only way he gets that far is to continue to progress. But it won't be without some major bumps in the road. Jus sayin.
                      Completely agree with your timeframe. That being said no one liked Rogers at first and after his first year starting people were callings for Green Bay to get another qb. He like manual needed a lot of work post college. However Rogers had a HOF in front of him so no one clamoring for him to play allowed him to work on mechanics. Then the one year he played he was able to work on that his 4th offseason and became a good qb

Comment

• justasportsfan
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Bill Cody View Post
                        No one on this team has 5 years to wait. If the team fails because of Ej, then th time frame will be more than 5 years because he'll end up with a new OC when a new HC is hired.
                        sacrifice1
                        https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• BuffaloRedleg
                          • Aug 2013

This douche john middlekauf who claims to be a draft guy and ex nfl scout said he does not understand tanneyhill hate and said not like he has been ej bad. When prodded by people said geNo The best none luck guy from the past few drafts. Said Carr probably better than all
                          Well I don't see most people in the national media thinking that way. That isn't an enforcement of EJ, but I haven't seen all that other stuff from most analysts who aren't just trying to be controversial to get hits on their web blog.

Comment

• Fletch
                            • May 2007

Originally posted by k-oneputt View Post

Which is evidenced by the fact that he's only thrown for 319 yards to his WRs so far. I don't think that there's another team besides Tampa that has less to their WRs. Cleveland, Jax, Oakland, Jets, Fins, Rams all have more to their WRs. Tampa just has less overall and no receivers after their rookie Evans and Vincent besides him. So at least they have a reason. We have Woods, Watkins, Williams, Goodwin.

Speaking to the topic of the thread, the proper way to assess this is by trying to find out what his future potential is, not just holding out hope for this season. If we want production this season only then put Orton in. When a QB doesn't know how to use WRs downfield then it's not a good sign, you have a QB that makes it easy for opponents to plan against. Manuel seems to be some kind of hybrid between Edwards and Holcomb. High completion percentage but bad on 3rd downs and unable to move the ball well or consistently.

That's what you can expect from maybe a 3rd, 4th, or 5th round prospect that's a project, like Edwards, but Manuel was a 16th overall, so the expectations are much higher. As I see it, the awareness that he struggled with the same things are only now coming to light for people talking about this despite the fact that they were well documented prior to the draft. Once again I'll be the heavy hammer, but this falls squarely on Whaley's shoulders.

Everyone's looking for progress but there is none. People would be more patient if there were some. If Manuel had been a 2nd round pick then they might not be so harsh on him, but he was a 1st so they are. At 16th overall people expect much more rapid development. Have we seen any? Seems like what they said about him at FSU is true here, he corrects one thing, moves on to correct another, and the thing he just corrected falls back to the state that it was in before they worked with him on that.

People are finally coming to the conclusion that if he does work out it may take five seasons if it ever were to happen and no team in the NFL has that kind of time.
                            http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/sho...s-haters/page3

Post #46

Originally posted by Yasgur's Farm
                            (Moderator) My name's Max Yasgur, and I approve of this post.
                            Originally Posted by pmoon6
                            The idea that you "won't settle" presumes that you have some kind of control. Delusional thinking at best for a supposed fan of a spectators' sport. Your way to deal with it is to constantly ***** and denigrate any move, any result concerning the team even if it's positive because you don't want your whittle feewings hurt again. It's a protection mechanism.

You shroud your childish approach in a vale of pompous, intellectual garbage in an attempt to look smart and "real". You over-analyze even minute points and manipulate statistics to fit your negative view of the team. Again, to feel good about yourself and to protect from getting hurt.

Of course, the criticisms are obviously from someone who has no understanding of the team concept or what it takes to excel at athletics.

The true "realist" understands that they have no control of what happens on the field or behind the closed doors at One Bills' Drive, so they do the prudent thing for a spectator. They enjoy the games on Sunday with family and friends, cheer for their team and realize that it's just entertainment.
                            ------

"I was an integral part in the drafting process of EJ Manuel," Whaley said Thursday on NFL Network's Total Access. "I was the person that handled the draft process and setting up the board."

"We are committed. I want you to believe me when I say that," Whaley said of building around the second-year quarterback, per The Buffalo News. "I always tell you guys that I'll never say never because I don't want to paint myself in a corner, but when I do say something, I do it and I mean it and I try to fulfill it."

"We believe the addition of Sammy is going to be instant impact, not only to our quarterback, but to what our offensive coordinator can come up with game-plan wise and how defenses attack us," Whaley said.

Whaley on EJ Manuel: "We think we got a gem in this guy." (2:30)

"And as Mark says, if in three years maybe he's not [our quarterback of the future], then I'll be sitting there saying 'hey guys', .... anybody got a job for me?" - Doug Whaley

Comment

• DraftBoy
                              Administrator
                              • Jul 2002

I'm not familiar with Middlekauf's comment re: Tannehill and EJ but his claim that he is an ex NFL scout is 100% legitimate fwiw.
                              COMING SOON...
                              Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                              We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X