PDA

View Full Version : Who is more valuable EJ or Watkins

justasportsfan
09-28-2014, 06:38 PM
We spent so much to draft Watkins and Ej is making that investment useless.

I can forgive Whaley for missing on Ej but not Watkins. Ej is making the Watkins move look bad. Only way Whaley can save face is to find a qb who can get Watkins the ball NOW.

Novacane
09-28-2014, 06:48 PM
I hope this discussion is taking place at 1BD.

kscdogbillsfan1221
09-28-2014, 06:56 PM
at the same time though, to be fair, watkins dropped a lot of catchable balls today

justasportsfan
09-28-2014, 06:59 PM
at the same time though, to be fair, watkins dropped a lot of catchable balls today

Everyone is dropping balls when the qb is throwing tentative balls behind the receiver

justasportsfan
09-28-2014, 08:25 PM
Just like Trent made TO useless, EJ is doing the same thing to all the receivers

justasportsfan
09-29-2014, 08:53 AM
If you use the season to develop EJ, you ****** Watkins' development. We spent more on Watkins. Put in Orton.

Goodwin, Woods, Chandler, Hogan have all regressed with EJ at qb.

Fletch
09-29-2014, 09:00 AM

I can forgive Whaley for missing on Ej but not Watkins. Ej is making the Watkins move look bad. Only way Whaley can save face is to find a qb who can get Watkins the ball NOW.

Watkins is averaging more yards-per-catch than our RBs and Robert Woods, our slot guy, and he leads Woods only barely. Williams and Chandler are both averaging more.

How many more receptions to you want him to get?

Didn't we hear about how once Watkins got the ball all hell would break loose on offense? How about taking a crack at explaining that?

When we drafted Watkins no one said that he would get most of his yards on downfield catches. Everyone said that he was capable of taking short passes and turning them into gold. We heard this once before about a player from the same college team and same gimmicky offense. His name was Spiller.

Once again too many people bought fools gold.

Watkins will be good, but he won't end up being the best WR in this draft. Given the hype about him coming out that's saying something.

The QB should have less to do with Watkins' performance than any other receiving player on the team.

Mahdi
09-29-2014, 09:01 AM
IMO,

EJ's accuracy is just bad. I'm not sure if that can be fixed. Watkins you can see is a beast and had EJ hit him on that deep crosser he would have been gone for another 30 yards.

Our offense just seems like its just waiting to explode but we need a QB who can make the throws.

Mahdi
09-29-2014, 09:03 AM
Watkins is averaging more yards-per-catch than our RBs and Robert Woods, our slot guy, and he leads Woods only barely. Williams and Chandler are both averaging more.

How many more receptions to you want him to get?

Didn't we hear about how once Watkins got the ball all hell would break loose on offense? How about taking a crack at explaining that?

When we drafted Watkins no one said that he would get most of his yards on downfield catches. Everyone said that he was capable of taking short passes and turning them into gold. We heard this once before about a player from the same college team and same gimmicky offense. His name was Spiller.

Once again too many people bought fools gold.

Watkins will be good, but he won't end up being the best WR in this draft. Given the hype about him coming out that's saying something.

The QB should have less to do with Watkins' performance than any other receiving player on the team.

I'm not sure what you are seeing but I see a WR in Watkins who runs very explosive very sharp routes and is very difficult to cover. He had a couple drops yesterday but who cares. That happens.

This kid is the most talented WR in the draft, he just needs someone to get him going on a consistent basis.

justasportsfan
09-29-2014, 09:11 AM
IMO,

EJ's accuracy is just bad. I'm not sure if that can be fixed. Watkins you can see is a beast and had EJ hit him on that deep crosser he would have been gone for another 30 yards.

Our offense just seems like its just waiting to explode but we need a QB who can make the throws.

Aside from inaccuracy, EJ won't throw unless people are really open unless the bills are behind and desperate.

EJ does not trust his receivers and I'm not surprised since he doesn't trust himself.

Thurmal
09-29-2014, 09:17 AM
I honestly think that Watkins dropped those passes b/c he was so stunned that they were well-thrown.

don137
09-29-2014, 09:21 AM
EJ is more valuable because unless the QB can get the ball to The receiver the receiver is worthless.

I am not worried yet but I wonder if the Goodwin hit got in the head of Watkins and he is more tentative resulting in dropping balls. His hands were glue before the hit. After the hit (which was late in game) he dropped one last week and dropped two more against Houston. Why all of sudden he is dropping balls? I don't blame any receiver being nervous the way EJ exposes his receivers due to poorly thrown balls.

justasportsfan
09-29-2014, 09:29 AM
EJ is more valuable because unless the QB can get the ball to The receiver the receiver is worthless.

I am not worried yet but I wonder if the Goodwin hit got in the head of Watkins and he is more tentative resulting in dropping balls. His hands were glue before the hit. After the hit (which was late in game) he dropped one last week and dropped two more against Houston. Why all of sudden he is dropping balls? I don't blame any receiver being nervous the way EJ exposes his receivers due to poorly thrown balls.

A qb is more valuable ,I agree . BUt based on what we spent on Watkins, if the qb sucks, he won't develop.

Cleve
09-29-2014, 09:58 AM
I can't recall seeing a lot of spot on throws by Manuel yesterday that were dropped by receivers.

I can't recalling seeing a lot of spot on throws by Manuel yesterday..... period.

Dr. Who
09-29-2014, 10:57 AM
Watkins will be a very good wr in the NFL.

EJ's play is dismaying. I am sorry to see it. He is such a good guy and works hard, but he's just not getting it done.
Still think Orton is not nearly as good as people on this board think. Things might turn around, but right now, I suspect there will be a new coach and likely a new qb next year.
Personally, I still like Whaley and would give him another year, btw.

The coaching was bad yesterday, but surely average qb play would have likely resulted in a win.

yordad
09-29-2014, 11:12 AM
Watkins is more valuable because even I could suck as back as Manual.

justasportsfan
09-29-2014, 11:22 AM
Watkins will be a very good wr in the NFL.

EJ's play is dismaying. I am sorry to see it. He is such a good guy and works hard, but he's just not getting it done.
Still think Orton is not nearly as good as people on this board think. Things might turn around, but right now, I suspect there will be a new coach and likely a new qb next year.
Personally, I still like Whaley and would give him another year, btw.

The coaching was bad yesterday, but surely average qb play would have likely resulted in a win.

Even if Orton is not that good, our receivers deserve at least a chance to fight for the ball.

That won't happen when the qb will only throw to open receivers or when he throws to our receivers who are in single coverage, he throws either too high or behind them. They either get killed or can't gain yardage after the catch.

chris66
09-29-2014, 04:06 PM

I can forgive Whaley for missing on Ej but not Watkins. Ej is making the Watkins move look bad. Only way Whaley can save face is to find a qb who can get Watkins the ball NOW.The Watkins move was bad. OBD knew what they had in a QB, but they made the trade any ways

Dr. Who
09-29-2014, 04:08 PM
Really? I doubt they thought things would be this bad.
Watkins will end up being a really good receiver, but by all means, be as negative as possible.

Typ0
09-29-2014, 04:15 PM
Watkins is worth plenty....Manual isn't worth ****.

DynaPaul
09-29-2014, 04:19 PM
Watkins. 2 1st round picks invested.