X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DynaPaul
    • Sep 2003

Byrd

He was really worth the money for the Saints. Got a penalty and gave up a score on the Cowboys' first touchdown drive.
  • black N yellow
    • Dec 2012

Re: Byrd

hopefully his plantar faciitis doesn't act up again.

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
      Legendary Zoner
      • May 2009

Byrd is the true fool's gold.

Comment

• Homegrown
        Havin' a ball ... rollin' to the bottom
        • Jul 2008

I don't begrudge the man... He escaped this perpetual losing franchise, and got paid handsomely ...I'm beginning to the real losers are those (I.e. E Wood, K Williams) who stay

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
          Legendary Zoner
          • May 2009

Originally posted by Homegrown View Post
          I don't begrudge the man... He escaped this perpetual losing franchise, and got paid handsomely ...I'm beginning to the real losers are those (I.e. E Wood, K Williams) who stay
          No

Comment

• YardRat
            Well, lookie here...
            • Dec 2004

He was completely schooled on the rushing TD too.

To be fair, he has had a nice PD and a solid hit also, though.
            YardRat Wall of Fame
            #56 DARRYL TALLEY
            #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
              Legendary Zoner
              • May 2009

Byrd stinks. Signing this overrated bum ruined the Saints. HAH.

Comment

• coastal
                Legendary Zoner
                • Mar 2005

Originally posted by BertSquirtgum View Post
                Byrd is the true fool's gold.
                Where's my licensing fee?

Comment

• RedEyE
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by BertSquirtgum View Post
                  Byrd stinks. Signing this overrated bum ruined the Saints. HAH.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/saints...195900134.html

Just read that article. Glad to see someone else getting burned for a change.

Comment

• YardRat
                    Well, lookie here...
                    • Dec 2004

Buffalo Front Office 1, New Orleans 0
                    YardRat Wall of Fame
                    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• The King
                      Without me it's just Awe so
                      • Jun 2004

The New Orleans Saints went into free agency in March with virtually no cap room.
                      They came out of free agency with the consensus No. 1 free agent, Buffalo Bills safety Jairus Byrd, who they signed on a six-year, $54-million contract.
                      They were able to pull this off because of two things: 1) they backloaded the money in Byrd's contract, which could be crippling down the line, but lets them stay under the salary cap this year, and 2) they traded, cut, or let a number of role players leave in free agency.
                      The Saints went all in. They decided Drew Brees only has a few years left, the roster is good enough now to compete for a Super Bowl, and the window for this team to win it all is rapidly closing. So they went for it and signed Byrd, salary cap be damned.
                      I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
                      "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
                      You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
                      It was all
                      true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
                      He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
                      mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• Fletch
                        • May 2007

Hopefully there's a change in the way things are done in Buffalo at the end of the season.

I have no idea how Whaley, Brandon, and therefore Marrone can possibly be kept on.
                        http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/sho...s-haters/page3

Post #46

Originally posted by Yasgur's Farm
                        (Moderator) My name's Max Yasgur, and I approve of this post.
                        Originally Posted by pmoon6
                        The idea that you "won't settle" presumes that you have some kind of control. Delusional thinking at best for a supposed fan of a spectators' sport. Your way to deal with it is to constantly ***** and denigrate any move, any result concerning the team even if it's positive because you don't want your whittle feewings hurt again. It's a protection mechanism.

You shroud your childish approach in a vale of pompous, intellectual garbage in an attempt to look smart and "real". You over-analyze even minute points and manipulate statistics to fit your negative view of the team. Again, to feel good about yourself and to protect from getting hurt.

Of course, the criticisms are obviously from someone who has no understanding of the team concept or what it takes to excel at athletics.

The true "realist" understands that they have no control of what happens on the field or behind the closed doors at One Bills' Drive, so they do the prudent thing for a spectator. They enjoy the games on Sunday with family and friends, cheer for their team and realize that it's just entertainment.
                        ------

"I was an integral part in the drafting process of EJ Manuel," Whaley said Thursday on NFL Network's Total Access. "I was the person that handled the draft process and setting up the board."

"We are committed. I want you to believe me when I say that," Whaley said of building around the second-year quarterback, per The Buffalo News. "I always tell you guys that I'll never say never because I don't want to paint myself in a corner, but when I do say something, I do it and I mean it and I try to fulfill it."

"We believe the addition of Sammy is going to be instant impact, not only to our quarterback, but to what our offensive coordinator can come up with game-plan wise and how defenses attack us," Whaley said.

Whaley on EJ Manuel: "We think we got a gem in this guy." (2:30)

"And as Mark says, if in three years maybe he's not [our quarterback of the future], then I'll be sitting there saying 'hey guys', .... anybody got a job for me?" - Doug Whaley

Comment

• Fletch
                          • May 2007

Originally posted by DynaPaul View Post
                          He was really worth the money for the Saints. Got a penalty and gave up a score on the Cowboys' first touchdown drive.
                          We got burned on Mario. He's on pace for 8 sacks this season and has been pretty quiet again. I'm curious what the excuse is this time, but he hasn't been worth the $100M or so we gave him either.

Let's worry about our own team. Corey Graham whom everyone here plays up hardly played and let Hopkins go over him for a TD on Sunday. Our secondary has not improved.
                          http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/sho...s-haters/page3

Post #46

Originally posted by Yasgur's Farm
                          (Moderator) My name's Max Yasgur, and I approve of this post.
                          Originally Posted by pmoon6
                          The idea that you "won't settle" presumes that you have some kind of control. Delusional thinking at best for a supposed fan of a spectators' sport. Your way to deal with it is to constantly ***** and denigrate any move, any result concerning the team even if it's positive because you don't want your whittle feewings hurt again. It's a protection mechanism.

You shroud your childish approach in a vale of pompous, intellectual garbage in an attempt to look smart and "real". You over-analyze even minute points and manipulate statistics to fit your negative view of the team. Again, to feel good about yourself and to protect from getting hurt.

Of course, the criticisms are obviously from someone who has no understanding of the team concept or what it takes to excel at athletics.

The true "realist" understands that they have no control of what happens on the field or behind the closed doors at One Bills' Drive, so they do the prudent thing for a spectator. They enjoy the games on Sunday with family and friends, cheer for their team and realize that it's just entertainment.
                          ------

"I was an integral part in the drafting process of EJ Manuel," Whaley said Thursday on NFL Network's Total Access. "I was the person that handled the draft process and setting up the board."

"We are committed. I want you to believe me when I say that," Whaley said of building around the second-year quarterback, per The Buffalo News. "I always tell you guys that I'll never say never because I don't want to paint myself in a corner, but when I do say something, I do it and I mean it and I try to fulfill it."

"We believe the addition of Sammy is going to be instant impact, not only to our quarterback, but to what our offensive coordinator can come up with game-plan wise and how defenses attack us," Whaley said.

Whaley on EJ Manuel: "We think we got a gem in this guy." (2:30)

"And as Mark says, if in three years maybe he's not [our quarterback of the future], then I'll be sitting there saying 'hey guys', .... anybody got a job for me?" - Doug Whaley

Comment

• better days
                            • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Fletch View Post
                            We got burned on Mario. He's on pace for 8 sacks this season and has been pretty quiet again. I'm curious what the excuse is this time, but he hasn't been worth the $100M or so we gave him either.

Let's worry about our own team. Corey Graham whom everyone here plays up hardly played and let Hopkins go over him for a TD on Sunday. Our secondary has not improved.
                            Mario is worth his contract much more than Byrd is worth his.

Losing Byrd did not improve the Bills secondary, but it did not destroy the secondary losing him either.

Comment

• Dr. Who
                              • Jul 2002

Saints look good so far. Why don't you got "root" for another team?

Comment

Working...
                              X