X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fletch
    • May 2007

Some things I haven't seen mentioned yet

Once again we could not move the ball with any regularity.

We are now officially ranked last in 1st downs, ranked 3rd in 3rd-down conversions, tied for 2nd to last in red zone effectiveness.

Wasn't the offense supposed to improve, not get worse?

Watkins is averaging only 11.6 yards per catch. What happened to his ability to take short passes and turn them into huge gains? I thought that he was so fast that few could catch him. Sorry, but I'm not seeing this ability that Watkins is supposed to have to take a ball and just run around and past defenders for bigger gains. I heard that happens going from college to the NFL.

4 rookie WRs are doing noticeably better, only two have QB situations significantly better than Watkins does here. Cooks has Brees and Benjamin has Newton, but Newton's not playing well this season. Not just MO.

Cam Newton is not the same. Newton, who has been dealing with ankle and rib injuries, just isn’t the same player as he was when healthy during his first three seasons. Newton averaged 677 rushing yards a season during his first three years. This year, Newton has just 33 yards a quarter of the way through the season. When Newton isn’t a threat running the ball it’s easier to rein him in as a passer, and as a result Newton is on pace for career lows in touchdown passes and passing yards as well. After Sunday’s 38-10 loss to the Ravens, the Panthers have now been blown out two weeks in a row. They need the Cam Newton of old, and they need him soon.
    Andrew Luck threw for nearly 400 yards and Aaron Rodgers was almost perfect against the Bears and Steve Smith had a huge game against his old team on Sunday.
    http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/sho...s-haters/page3

Post #46

Originally posted by Yasgur's Farm
    (Moderator) My name's Max Yasgur, and I approve of this post.
    Originally Posted by pmoon6
    The idea that you "won't settle" presumes that you have some kind of control. Delusional thinking at best for a supposed fan of a spectators' sport. Your way to deal with it is to constantly ***** and denigrate any move, any result concerning the team even if it's positive because you don't want your whittle feewings hurt again. It's a protection mechanism.

You shroud your childish approach in a vale of pompous, intellectual garbage in an attempt to look smart and "real". You over-analyze even minute points and manipulate statistics to fit your negative view of the team. Again, to feel good about yourself and to protect from getting hurt.

Of course, the criticisms are obviously from someone who has no understanding of the team concept or what it takes to excel at athletics.

The true "realist" understands that they have no control of what happens on the field or behind the closed doors at One Bills' Drive, so they do the prudent thing for a spectator. They enjoy the games on Sunday with family and friends, cheer for their team and realize that it's just entertainment.
    ------

"I was an integral part in the drafting process of EJ Manuel," Whaley said Thursday on NFL Network's Total Access. "I was the person that handled the draft process and setting up the board."

"We are committed. I want you to believe me when I say that," Whaley said of building around the second-year quarterback, per The Buffalo News. "I always tell you guys that I'll never say never because I don't want to paint myself in a corner, but when I do say something, I do it and I mean it and I try to fulfill it."

"We believe the addition of Sammy is going to be instant impact, not only to our quarterback, but to what our offensive coordinator can come up with game-plan wise and how defenses attack us," Whaley said.

Whaley on EJ Manuel: "We think we got a gem in this guy." (2:30)

"And as Mark says, if in three years maybe he's not [our quarterback of the future], then I'll be sitting there saying 'hey guys', .... anybody got a job for me?" - Doug Whaley

• Novacane
    • Jul 2002

Re: Some things I haven't seen mentioned yet

The majority now agree about EJ so you're going to dog the hell out of Watkins now? Watkins is a good player. That's obvious. Get a real QB and he'll be better.

Comment

• Fletch
      • May 2007

That's funny, two weeks ago I didn't know my ass from a hole in the ground and now everyone agrees with me according to you.

Yet, I don't know **** about football.

Check.

I'll double-down on Watkins who despite having much more speed can't seem to outplay four other rookies, three of whom don't have much better QB play right now than he has. You're right, Watkins is a good player, he wasn't the best WR in the draft though and Whaley should be fired for that idiocy alone.

In the meantime, go ahead and render some explanations for Spikes' and Mike Williams' play.

See, this is the difference between my idiocy and yours, I understand why we suck, you don't until it slaps you across the face.
      Last edited by Fletch; 09-29-2014, 07:37 AM.

Post #46

The idea that you "won't settle" presumes that you have some kind of control. Delusional thinking at best for a supposed fan of a spectators' sport. Your way to deal with it is to constantly ***** and denigrate any move, any result concerning the team even if it's positive because you don't want your whittle feewings hurt again. It's a protection mechanism.

You shroud your childish approach in a vale of pompous, intellectual garbage in an attempt to look smart and "real". You over-analyze even minute points and manipulate statistics to fit your negative view of the team. Again, to feel good about yourself and to protect from getting hurt.

Of course, the criticisms are obviously from someone who has no understanding of the team concept or what it takes to excel at athletics.

The true "realist" understands that they have no control of what happens on the field or behind the closed doors at One Bills' Drive, so they do the prudent thing for a spectator. They enjoy the games on Sunday with family and friends, cheer for their team and realize that it's just entertainment.
      ------

"I was an integral part in the drafting process of EJ Manuel," Whaley said Thursday on NFL Network's Total Access. "I was the person that handled the draft process and setting up the board."

"We are committed. I want you to believe me when I say that," Whaley said of building around the second-year quarterback, per The Buffalo News. "I always tell you guys that I'll never say never because I don't want to paint myself in a corner, but when I do say something, I do it and I mean it and I try to fulfill it."

"We believe the addition of Sammy is going to be instant impact, not only to our quarterback, but to what our offensive coordinator can come up with game-plan wise and how defenses attack us," Whaley said.

"And as Mark says, if in three years maybe he's not [our quarterback of the future], then I'll be sitting there saying 'hey guys', .... anybody got a job for me?" - Doug Whaley

Comment

• Novacane
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Fletch View Post
        That's funny, two weeks ago I didn't know my ass from a hole in the ground and now everyone agrees with me according to you.

Yet, I don't know **** about football.

Check.

I'll double-down on Watkins who despite having much more speed can't seem to outplay four other rookies, three of whom don't have much better QB play right now than he has. You're right, Watkins is a good player, he wasn't the best WR in the draft though and Whaley should be fired for that idiocy alone.

In the meantime, go ahead and render some explanations for Spikes' and Mike Williams' play.

See, this is the difference between my idiocy and yours, I understand why we suck, you don't until it slaps you across the face.

I never said you didn't know **** about football. I said you present your case in a dkhead way and you do. You constantly claim everyone loved EJ when all the overwhelming majority said is lets see some more games before we decide. You claim everyone said the D was great. Read the D is Elite thread. No one agreed with that. You lie. I don't like liars.

Comment

• Fletch
          • May 2007

Originally posted by Novacane View Post
          I never said you didn't know **** about football.
          LOL

A whole bunch of people did and I know you were in on those threads piling on.

Either way, what, 2 weeks makes all the difference in the world? Please.

Some people just understand things better than others. To suggest otherwise is ridiculous. Honest people know who those people are.

Post #46

------

Comment

• OpIv37
            Acid Douching Asswipe
            • Sep 2002

Watkins had two drops. For now, I'll chalk that up to a rookie having a bad game, and I don't think it's going to be a frequent problem for him.

EJ also missed him at least twice when he was wide open, maybe 3x.

Make 3 of those 4 or 5 plays and Watkins is flirting with another 100 yard game. He'll fix the drops. He can't fix EJ.
            MiKiDo Facebook
            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Fletch
              • May 2007

We hope he'll fix the drops.

But you sidestep the point. This isn't about his hands. When we drafted him all we heard for two months was about how he'll make plays once he has the ball in his hands. But of the three of the four rookie WRs ahead of him, again, three with not much better QB play than he has, have better yards-per-catch.

Things aren't corresponding to all the hype about his skills. Clearly a lot of it has to do with a transition to the NFL, but I don't see this thing about him being able to turn a routine 4 yard catch into a big gain with any kind of regularity like it was pitched when he was drafted.

Considering that that, not downfield catches, was the big thing attached to his draft profile I think it's an issue.

I'm not seeing the special WR that everyone else did at the time we drafted him. I didn't see it then either in evaluating the circumstances under which he thrived at Clemson. It's similar to Spiller, who played in the same system in the same weak conference and with a huge talent advantage on his team contrasted with most of their opponents at that level.

Yes, we will see, but as of now he's done almost nothing in three of four games. It's a fact that he's being outplayed by at least three other rookies, one not even drafted.

Post #46

------

Comment

• Buffalogic
                Rumblin' Stumblin' Bumblin'
                • Feb 2006

Bashing Watkins is dumb.

Comment

• chernobylwraiths
                  • Jan 2003

Originally posted by Fletch View Post
                  That's funny, two weeks ago I didn't know my ass from a hole in the ground ...

... I don't know **** about football.

Check.

See, this is ... my idiocy ...
                  this is all I saw

Comment

• Gibby
                    • Jun 2006

I get the bashing of EJ, Watkins actually scored for us a few times yesterday and probably would be able to make even more plays with a competent or good qb.

Comment

• trapezeus
                      Legendary Zoner
                      • Oct 2004

we didn't call you stupid. we just called you annoying by pretending you are seeing something no one else is seeing. you were also the king of claiming the bills had to move, yet no apologies for being wrong. and then the issue of having wide right as your other handle. you are what you are, a troll.

most bills fans know what this year is about. no one is expecting the superbowl. we want to see a qb develop. and it will take through the bye or injury for the coaching staff to move away from him. so it's worth rooting for ej than hoping fletch is right. The coaches can't move from him because they were selling him. and frankly orton may get us a chance to make the playoffs, but over 10 years he is as bad as EJ is right now. and the worst is if they bench ej, and when the clean out next year potentially, a new staff is forced to see if they can work with him and we waste another year. so take the medicine and prove without a doubt that EJ is not the guy for buffalo. Or see that it took him a while.

If he has one more week like the last 2 or even 3, i am not going to change the tune on sitting him. but i'll know that he isn't getting it and that the team needs to find a qb both better than ej and orton.

we can all make a prediction, but none quite as dickish as yourself.

I was against moving up in draft to simply try to make the playoffs. but now that watkins is here, i think he is more dynamic than the two you desperately want to hail as amazing.

on a non-fletch note, i find it odd that it's not watkins alone dropping passes. it's all receivers. To me that reflects on the qb moreso than any of the receivers. they just don't know what's happening on passes. it can be anywhere. and it has to be frustrating when they are all beating their man and finding soft spots in the zones.

Comment

Working...
                      X