• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • trapezeus
    Legendary Zoner
    • Oct 2004

vikings game observation as it relates to the bills

No science/stats behind my observations, but ponder and EJ happen to share more than Florida St in common. Both rely on dink and dunking. both seem to have lost the receiving corp confidence due to inaccuracy and their run games struggle with their lack of vision as a qb.

but it is insane that bridgewater was able to take a very shaky minny team and put up 41 points. when he's out, they are right back at the bottom. So perhaps this bills team which didn't struggle as much with EJ as the vikings did with Cassel/ponder can really rebound.

so the switch in an easy AFC East doesn't require a superstar. it requires decent qb play. Perhaps orton can be like a bridgewater.
  • Fletch
    • May 2007

Re: vikings game observation as it relates to the bills

The big difference is that Ponder has a fraction of the athletic ability that EJ has.
    http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/sho...s-haters/page3

Post #46

Originally posted by Yasgur's Farm
    (Moderator) My name's Max Yasgur, and I approve of this post.
    Originally Posted by pmoon6
    The idea that you "won't settle" presumes that you have some kind of control. Delusional thinking at best for a supposed fan of a spectators' sport. Your way to deal with it is to constantly ***** and denigrate any move, any result concerning the team even if it's positive because you don't want your whittle feewings hurt again. It's a protection mechanism.

You shroud your childish approach in a vale of pompous, intellectual garbage in an attempt to look smart and "real". You over-analyze even minute points and manipulate statistics to fit your negative view of the team. Again, to feel good about yourself and to protect from getting hurt.

Of course, the criticisms are obviously from someone who has no understanding of the team concept or what it takes to excel at athletics.

The true "realist" understands that they have no control of what happens on the field or behind the closed doors at One Bills' Drive, so they do the prudent thing for a spectator. They enjoy the games on Sunday with family and friends, cheer for their team and realize that it's just entertainment.
    ------

"I was an integral part in the drafting process of EJ Manuel," Whaley said Thursday on NFL Network's Total Access. "I was the person that handled the draft process and setting up the board."

"We are committed. I want you to believe me when I say that," Whaley said of building around the second-year quarterback, per The Buffalo News. "I always tell you guys that I'll never say never because I don't want to paint myself in a corner, but when I do say something, I do it and I mean it and I try to fulfill it."

"We believe the addition of Sammy is going to be instant impact, not only to our quarterback, but to what our offensive coordinator can come up with game-plan wise and how defenses attack us," Whaley said.

Whaley on EJ Manuel: "We think we got a gem in this guy." (2:30)

"And as Mark says, if in three years maybe he's not [our quarterback of the future], then I'll be sitting there saying 'hey guys', .... anybody got a job for me?" - Doug Whaley

Comment

• wolfpack
      • Aug 2008

Originally posted by Fletch View Post
      The big difference is that Ponder has a fraction of the athletic ability that EJ has.
      Really stat man?

Name College POS Height (in) Weight (lbs) Wonderlic 40 Yard Bench Press Vert Leap (in) Broad Jump (in) Shuttle 3Cone
      Christian Ponder Florida State QB 74 229 35 4.63 34 116 4.09 6.85
      E.J. Manuel Florida State QB 77 237 28 4.65 34 118 4.21 7.08

Comment

• DynaPaul
        • Sep 2003

The lesson is not to draft an FSU quarterback.

Comment

• Pinkerton Security
          Pinkerton's son
          • Feb 2006

Originally posted by wolfpack View Post
          Really stat man?

Name College POS Height (in) Weight (lbs) Wonderlic 40 Yard Bench Press Vert Leap (in) Broad Jump (in) Shuttle 3Cone
          oh snap! PWNED!

Comment

• streetkings01
            • Jul 2006

Originally posted by DynaPaul View Post
            Or not draft Ponder and Manuel in the 1st round. Winston will be a good NFL QB just as long as he can keep his head on straight.
            You can call me streetkings

Comment

• GvilleBills
              • Mar 2006

Originally posted by wolfpack View Post
              Really stat man?

Haha, now play nice and give Fletch his lunch money back...
              Diehard BillGator... best of both worlds

Comment

• GvilleBills
                • Mar 2006

Originally posted by streetkings01 View Post
                Winston will be a good NFL QB just as long as he can keep his head on straight.
                Not happening. You're an FSU guy, where would you put your money?
                He just doesn't get it.
                Last edited by GvilleBills; 10-03-2014, 03:06 PM.
                Diehard BillGator... best of both worlds

Comment

• Thurmal
                  • Oct 2005

Originally posted by DynaPaul View Post
                  Unless you're the Knicks and looking for a decent PG.

Shocker, incompetent Buffalo coveted Ponder as well as Manuel.
                  "Miami played pretty damn good today and still got their ass kicked."

Comment

Working...
                  X