X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fletch
    • May 2007

Bart Scott: Patriot way mentality helped deplete New England roster

I'm lovin' every minute of Belicheat's hubris coming full circle. Bart Scott nails it on the head though.

"We're really going to see what type of coach Bill Belichick is when he doesn't have Brady."

I see that description of him being a football genius being called into question with an increased belief that it was much more Brady than Belicheat that was responsible for how well they've played.
    http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/sho...s-haters/page3

Post #46

Originally posted by Yasgur's Farm
    (Moderator) My name's Max Yasgur, and I approve of this post.
    Originally Posted by pmoon6
    The idea that you "won't settle" presumes that you have some kind of control. Delusional thinking at best for a supposed fan of a spectators' sport. Your way to deal with it is to constantly ***** and denigrate any move, any result concerning the team even if it's positive because you don't want your whittle feewings hurt again. It's a protection mechanism.

You shroud your childish approach in a vale of pompous, intellectual garbage in an attempt to look smart and "real". You over-analyze even minute points and manipulate statistics to fit your negative view of the team. Again, to feel good about yourself and to protect from getting hurt.

Of course, the criticisms are obviously from someone who has no understanding of the team concept or what it takes to excel at athletics.

The true "realist" understands that they have no control of what happens on the field or behind the closed doors at One Bills' Drive, so they do the prudent thing for a spectator. They enjoy the games on Sunday with family and friends, cheer for their team and realize that it's just entertainment.
    ------

"I was an integral part in the drafting process of EJ Manuel," Whaley said Thursday on NFL Network's Total Access. "I was the person that handled the draft process and setting up the board."

"We are committed. I want you to believe me when I say that," Whaley said of building around the second-year quarterback, per The Buffalo News. "I always tell you guys that I'll never say never because I don't want to paint myself in a corner, but when I do say something, I do it and I mean it and I try to fulfill it."

"We believe the addition of Sammy is going to be instant impact, not only to our quarterback, but to what our offensive coordinator can come up with game-plan wise and how defenses attack us," Whaley said.

Whaley on EJ Manuel: "We think we got a gem in this guy." (2:30)

"And as Mark says, if in three years maybe he's not [our quarterback of the future], then I'll be sitting there saying 'hey guys', .... anybody got a job for me?" - Doug Whaley

• ServoBillieves
    The Voice of Reason
    • Jul 2007

Re: Bart Scott: Patriot way mentality helped deplete New England roster

I'll be honest: As much as I wish neither of them was a staggering success, if Brady goes down as the real reason they were great, and Belichek is proven to be the fraud he is, then I will be overjoyed.
    Bye Bye Brady...

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
      Legendary Zoner
      • May 2009

Originally posted by Very wide right View Post
      Ummmmmmm Superbowl winning coaches and players are not frauds.Your joy at someone else's failure is very telling as well.Really kind of sad.
      So what exactly does that say about you when you're trolling this board after the Bills lose a game?

Comment

• Luisito23
        Men Have Superbowl Gold, Legends Have Platinum Hearts!!!
        • Apr 2003

Ummmmmmm Superbowl winning coaches and players are not frauds.

Except those who are a bunch of cheating bastards.
        "Expect rejection, but expect more to overcome it."
        ***Marv Levy.***

"Coach Levy is one of the most inspirational people that I have ever known."
        ***Thurman Thomas.***

"You're not going to find a more classier, down-to-Earth person away from the field than Marv Levy. He's a guy who's pretty much made me what I am today as far as a professional player and a person."
        ***Jim Kelly***

Marv Levy's Website

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
          Skoobasaurus-Rex
          • Oct 2011

I'm sure NE still brings something to the table, I just think that their path is difficult.

Comment

• Goobylal
            • Jan 2004

Belichick will retire when Brady does.

Comment

• jimmifli
              • Nov 2006

The QB/coach relationship is obviously so intertwined as to be inseparable. Brady and Belichick are greater than the sum of their parts.

Finding that chemistry is essential to success in the NFL.

Comment

• Gibby
                • Jun 2006

Originally posted by Fletch View Post
                I'm lovin' every minute of Belicheat's hubris coming full circle. Bart Scott nails it on the head though.

"We're really going to see what type of coach Bill Belichick is when he doesn't have Brady."

I see that description of him being a football genius being called into question with an increased belief that it was much more Brady than Belicheat that was responsible for how well they've played.
                While I love their early season woes almost as much as I've hated theirs, I must caution you that they have a long history of starting slow only to start winning at the worst possible time

In 2001, 2003, 2005, 2008, 2009, and 2012 they also had slow starts, and then went to the playoffs in all but one of those years, and won it all in a couple of those years. I am not yet convinced that we've seen the last of them. Slowly fading? Sure. Will replacing Brady be difficult? Yes. However, I am not convinced they are done just yet

Comment

• OpIv37
                  Acid Douching Asswipe
                  • Sep 2002

Two things: I've always thought the Pats were more Bellicheck than Brady, based on the realities that Brady couldn't unseat Drew ****ing Henson in college and Bellicheck won 11 games with Matt ****ing Cassell at QB.

Second, Scott's an idiot for touting the Pats' demise this early. They haven't looked good, but neither has anyone else in the div and anything can happen at this point.
                  MiKiDo Facebook
                  MiKiDo Website

Comment

• better days
                    • Jan 2010

Ummmmmmm Superbowl winning coaches and players are not frauds.Your joy at someone else's failure is very telling as well.Really kind of sad.
                    Well, except in the Patriots case.

The Pats* would not have won a single Super Bowl without CHEATING & the BS tuck rule.

The Pats* are ​FRAUDS

Comment

• better days
                      • Jan 2010

If the Patriots win this division it will be quite an accomplishment as their schedule is more difficult than any other AFC east teams
                      As it should be having won the AFC East & played in the AFC Championship game last year.

Comment

• Meathead
                        Insufferable ***** and perpetual crybaby
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
                        Bellicheck won 11 games with Matt ****ing Cassell at QB.
                        you will recall that was the season all the veterans were taking far LESS money to play there so they could get a ring. that was the best team not including marcia they ever had imo, better than the 16-0 team in fact

id like to jam a monkeys ass bone into my own heart when i say this, but marcia is the best ever imo. he lucked into that like amanda bynes lucked into a lighter and a can of unleaded when she was looking to start driveway fires

all you gotta know is that belicheats record as a hc without marcia was something like .489. so the 11-5 season without her was definitely an anomaly for him

hes gonna retire when she does just so that he doesnt get exposed as the painfully mediocre hc that he is. classic great dc that shouldnt have been a hc. i wouldnt want him as hc here on a bet
                        One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• YardRat
                          Well, lookie here...
                          • Dec 2004

I'll believe the Patriots and Brady are dead when I see the body...or at least their heads on a stake or platter.
                          YardRat Wall of Fame
                          #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                          #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• pmoon6
                            Legendary Zoner
                            • Dec 2002

Originally posted by Luisito23 View Post
                            Except those who are a bunch of cheating bastards.
                            Well, Belichick designed the defense that beat the K-Gun and the "Greatest Show On Turf" in footballs' ultimate game. That first year had almost nothing to do with Brady.

Hate him if you like, but he is a student of the game. I'm positive he can recall the schemes that most teams used, historically. Any great coach needs players to make their defensive scheme most effective. New Englands' "mistake" is letting players go who are trying to hold them up come contract time which I don't think is a mistake at all. That isn't only on the coach, Kraft and the front office have something to say about that.

As far as cheating, I don't consider it as such. Teams have been trying to get an edge in scouting and spying on other teams for 50 or 60 years. George Allen was so paranoid about it, he had closed practices and had a security detail patrolling the surrounding area. Jimmy Johnson got an edge in SBXXVII by just watching ESPN when they had a piece at the Bills' practice before the game. He saw the offense putting in the shovel pass and adjusted his defense accordingly.

Was that cheating or were the Bills' foolish for letting cameras in?

Comment

• pmoon6
                              Legendary Zoner
                              • Dec 2002

If the Patriots win this division it will be quite an accomplishment as their schedule is more difficult than any other AFC east teams
                              HaHaHa. They play basically the same teams and divisions with the Patriots drawing some of the better teams because of their record last year.

That has been the scheduling template in like....forever. It is up to the lower case teams to take advantage of the "weaker" schedule. However, the NFL is so close in terms of talent that a weak team one year can rise to the occasion the next year, so all this "strength of schedule" bull**** is just that.

Just another thing for dumbass fans to glom onto and a faux information tidbit for the myriad of sports reporters use to fill their blogs and columns.

Not surprising that you put credence into that line of thinking.

Comment

Working...
                              X