So what are everyone's record expectations now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fletch
    • May 2007

So what are everyone's record expectations now?

Remaining home games:

New England
    Minnesota
    KC
    Jets
    Cleveland
    Green Bay

Remaining Road Games:

Jets
    Miami
    Denver
    Oakland
    New England

We need to go 6-5 to post a winning season.

I don't see us beating New England if Gronk is healthy, Denver, or Green Bay.

KC is a better team and Cleveland and Miami are playing about as well as we are. Oakland's horrible but the game's in Oakland where we haven't won since '91. The Jets suck but Vick will probably be starting soon, will they get better as a result if he does? Minnesota's had a tough schedule.
    http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/sho...s-haters/page3

Post #46

Originally posted by Yasgur's Farm
    (Moderator) My name's Max Yasgur, and I approve of this post.
    Originally Posted by pmoon6
    The idea that you "won't settle" presumes that you have some kind of control. Delusional thinking at best for a supposed fan of a spectators' sport. Your way to deal with it is to constantly ***** and denigrate any move, any result concerning the team even if it's positive because you don't want your whittle feewings hurt again. It's a protection mechanism.

You shroud your childish approach in a vale of pompous, intellectual garbage in an attempt to look smart and "real". You over-analyze even minute points and manipulate statistics to fit your negative view of the team. Again, to feel good about yourself and to protect from getting hurt.

Of course, the criticisms are obviously from someone who has no understanding of the team concept or what it takes to excel at athletics.

The true "realist" understands that they have no control of what happens on the field or behind the closed doors at One Bills' Drive, so they do the prudent thing for a spectator. They enjoy the games on Sunday with family and friends, cheer for their team and realize that it's just entertainment.
    ------

"I was an integral part in the drafting process of EJ Manuel," Whaley said Thursday on NFL Network's Total Access. "I was the person that handled the draft process and setting up the board."

"We are committed. I want you to believe me when I say that," Whaley said of building around the second-year quarterback, per The Buffalo News. "I always tell you guys that I'll never say never because I don't want to paint myself in a corner, but when I do say something, I do it and I mean it and I try to fulfill it."

"We believe the addition of Sammy is going to be instant impact, not only to our quarterback, but to what our offensive coordinator can come up with game-plan wise and how defenses attack us," Whaley said.

Whaley on EJ Manuel: "We think we got a gem in this guy." (2:30)

"And as Mark says, if in three years maybe he's not [our quarterback of the future], then I'll be sitting there saying 'hey guys', .... anybody got a job for me?" - Doug Whaley

• l3ills
    • Apr 2013

Re: So what are everyone's record expectations now?

14-2
    Check out my Band Bro.....

www.reverbnation.com/tyclock6

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
      Zero for Zero!
      • Mar 2003

So do you think they will win again this year?
      Originally posted by mysticsoto
      Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• EricStratton
        • Jul 2002

3-13.

I'm just riding the wave.

Comment

• Historian
          2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
          • Dec 2002

7-9, and we haven't won in Oakland since 1965.

Comment

• jimmifli
            • Nov 2006

16-0.

Comment

• RedEyE
              • Jul 2002

Next weeks game will set the tone for the remainder of the season. Knock off the Patriots, advance to 4-2 atop the division, and the Bills are onto something decent.

Lose at home in typical Bills fashion and nothing changes.

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                Zero for Zero!
                • Mar 2003

New England - W.

This game is huge. Massive. Gigantic. They have to win it.
                Despite what the Pats did this weekend, I am not sold on them being what they were. We all know the Bengals choke when in the national spotlight - even worse than the Bills.

The pressure gets to Brady just enough and the Bills ride the energy of a fired up RWS and win.

Minnesota - W

They beat two better NFC north teams on the road. They'll win this

KC - L

I'm torn on this one. I'll go with KC just because. But maybe they can revenge for last year.

Jets - W

Vick? He looked no better than Geno. Both of their QBs are worse than EJ. The tires are coming off this team. Coaches like Ryan are great when it is going well, but their team can also crash hard.

Cleveland - W

Another close one. Homefield tips it to the Bills. But Petine scares me.

Green Bay - L

I think this might be closer than many think. Green Bay is certainly not unbeatable

Remaining Road Games:

Jets - W

Yeah. The Jets are pretty bad.

Miami - W

The last few years they have had Miami's number and Tannehill struggles agains the Bills

Denver - L

Even with this defense, playing there against Manning and co won't turn out well

Oakland - W

Yeah. Oakland is pretty bad

New England - L

Probable loss. Being the last game makes it hard to predict

So optimistic Lecter has them at 10-6. Splitting with NE and going 5-1 in the East wins the division as they win tiebreakers.

Boom!
                Originally posted by mysticsoto
                Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• Gibby
                  • Jun 2006

New England - If we have been paying attention and the Pats' Jekyll and Hyde syndrome keeps up, this game is winnable. However, I see Hackett trying to outsmart himself yet again and not run and set up the pass using the run. So Loss

Minnesota - Win, I've had this as a win since July.

KC - Win, if our D is healthy they do not scare me.

Jets - Win, We will at least split the series

Cleveland - Win. Homefield as Mehs says is the key

Green Bay - Win, this is my upset Special

Remaining Road Games:

Jets - Loss, they have a bad history of beating us in Joisy

Miami - Loss Close grudge mass offered up by the Bishop of Miami, but we lose a close grudge match

Denver - Loss, if this was in Buffalo, it might be close. Unfortunately its in Denver

Oakland - Win, we are simply better than them

New England - Loss, Typical Pattern is close loss in the first game, blowout loss in the second and I am sticking to this model until it is happily proven wrong

9-7, but the range is the minimum acceptable win total at this juncture has to be 7 as we have Minnesota, KC, Cleveland, and the Jets on this schedule
                  Last edited by Generalissimus Gibby; 10-06-2014, 02:20 PM.

Comment

• Ed
                    Dude
                    • Sep 2002

I've been guessing 8-8 all year, but 9-7 definitely looks possible. I can see them taking 2 of their next 3, and then taking 3 of 4 in November. That would put them at 8 wins heading into a tough December. West coast road game or not, losing to an atrocious Raiders team is inexcusable. So I'll hold out hope for a winning record, but realistically I would probably stick with 8-8.

Comment

• better days
                      • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Historian View Post
                      7-9, and we haven't won in Oakland since 1965.
                      When is the last time the Bills won in Chicago or Detroit?

10-6

Comment

• Gibby
                        • Jun 2006

Originally posted by better days View Post
                        When is the last time the Bills won in Chicago or Detroit?

10-6
                        Had we ever won at Chicago?

Comment

• YardRat
                          Well, lookie here...
                          • Dec 2004

I'm still hanging around the .500 mark...gotta see Orton and this offense for more than one game, there are going to be injuries, etc.

The encouraging thing for me is, if (big if) the team can keep performing at this level or better, no games the rest of the season look unwinnable, except for Green Bay (even then, at home it isn't impossible) Denver, and the NE games (and I think we should at least split with them).
                          YardRat Wall of Fame
                          #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                          #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• paladin warrior
                            All-Pro Zoner
                            • Oct 2004

11-5 lose is Denver ,Green Bay . at Patriot. .Bills division is 5-1

Comment

• colin
                              Drew's my hero!
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by paladin warrior View Post
                              11-5 lose is Denver ,Green Bay . at Patriot. .Bills division is 5-1
                              this is pretty much what i think it takes to win the division. SD/Denver are gonna tie up a wild card spot, Hou/Indy and Balti/Cinci will be really hard to beat out for the other wild card if we don't beat NE at home, which we also need to do to win the division. so based on all that i figure we need to win the division, which means we need to beat new england

Comment

Working...
                              X