• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BillsImpossible
    • Mar 2013

The Born Again Bills Are Better, A Lot Better

Can they be better than ever before?

Do they have what it takes to win the Super Bowl?

Don't call me nuts, Eli Manning has two rings and a career completion percentage of 58.7%

This team feels different than years past in so many ways.

The same old Bills are dead and buried.

No pun or disrespect towards Ralph in any way what so ever, he's the reason why the Bills are still in Buffalo.

It's all about what's on the field, the most talented roster the Bills have had in many, Manny years.

Ralph Wilson's final days as owner of the Buffalo Bills transformed the franchise in to what it is today.

A Winning Team.

Special teams are better, a lot better.

Defense is better, a lot better.

KO is better, a lot better.

The wide receivers are better, a lot better, especially when Sammy Watkins performs NFL miracles with his magic hands.

The offensive line is a work in progress, but consider the defensive talent they've went up against in the first 5 games.

Rookie RT, Seantrel Henderson has performed better than expected going up against some of the league's best defensive talent.

They haven't given up a lot of sacks, so the O-line is doing their job protecting the quarterback.

The running game is a different matter. A lot can be read in between the 18th ranked rushing numbers.

The Bills have regressed in the running game, but a big reason why is because opposing defenses started concentrating on the run after defensive coordinators watched how poorly EJ Manuel threw the ball.

Now teams will have to give more respect to KO & Co, which will more than likely open up the running game and take a lot of defensive heat off of the Bills offensive lineman.

5 weeks in to the 2014 season and the winds of change are howling in Buffalo.

Time to whip out an October Surprise can of whoop ass against New England.
  • BertSquirtgum
    • May 2009

Re: The Born Again Bills Are Better, A Lot Better

Someone's been drinking heavily all day I see.

Comment

• BillsImpossible
      • Mar 2013

Originally posted by BertSquirtgum View Post
      lol

Comment

• BillsImpossible
        • Mar 2013

Ralph spiked my Kool-Aid.

"Oh-Yeaahh!"

Comment

• BillsImpossible
          • Mar 2013

Like me on Facebook.

- - - Updated - - -

Comment

• Meathead
            Insufferable prick and perpetual crybaby
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by BillsImpossible View Post
            Can they be better than ever before?

Do they have what it takes to win the Super Bowl?
            official mh the geek® odds of that happening: 0.29%

so im saying theres a chance
            One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• Meathead
              Insufferable prick and perpetual crybaby
              • Jul 2002

oldie but a goodie
              One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• JoeMama
                Emotion Sickness
                • Oct 2002

We are better.

Especially with Kyle Orton at the helm.

Nothing funny about this thread.
                Disclaimer: The sentiment expressed in this post is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Comment

• DynaPaul
                  • Sep 2003

Nice post Mr. Brandon.

- - - Updated - - -

Nice post Mr. Brandon.

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                    Unreachable Douche
                    • Jul 2002

Nice to see posters come around to my way of thinking.
                    This is a playoff team without EJ and a competent QB at the helm.

It's a QB league, EJ wad dragging this team down. Nice kid but terrible QB.

Comment

• YardRat
                      Well, lookie here...
                      • Dec 2004

This New England game is already nerve-racking...can't wait for Sunday.
                      YardRat Wall of Fame
                      #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                      #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• better days
                        • Jan 2010

Originally posted by YardRat View Post
                        This New England game is already nerve-racking...can't wait for Sunday.
                        Tom Brady & the Pats* are the only people that should be nervous about this game.

Coming into Buffalo to face Brandon Spikes & Pepper Johnson as well as a Stadium full of LOUD Bills fans.

I am not nervous, I am EXCITED to see this game.

Comment

• trapezeus
                          Legendary Zoner
                          • Oct 2004

the bills haven't gone and put the hurt on an opponent yet. they kind of did against miami, but settled for a lot of field goals. a playoff team will perform a smackdown of an opponent 1 or two times a season.

without imposing their will on the opponent yet, they still seem very much the 7-9/6-10 teams we've seen in the past. they hang around for a while and win some and lose some.

it's been fun thus far, but i'd like nothing more than to see a decisive win against the pats before committing to the fact A. something has changed and B. if there is any hope going foward.

Comment

• Fletch
                            • May 2007

LOL
                            http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/sho...s-haters/page3

Post #46

Originally posted by Yasgur's Farm
                            (Moderator) My name's Max Yasgur, and I approve of this post.
                            Originally Posted by pmoon6
                            The idea that you "won't settle" presumes that you have some kind of control. Delusional thinking at best for a supposed fan of a spectators' sport. Your way to deal with it is to constantly ***** and denigrate any move, any result concerning the team even if it's positive because you don't want your whittle feewings hurt again. It's a protection mechanism.

You shroud your childish approach in a vale of pompous, intellectual garbage in an attempt to look smart and "real". You over-analyze even minute points and manipulate statistics to fit your negative view of the team. Again, to feel good about yourself and to protect from getting hurt.

Of course, the criticisms are obviously from someone who has no understanding of the team concept or what it takes to excel at athletics.

The true "realist" understands that they have no control of what happens on the field or behind the closed doors at One Bills' Drive, so they do the prudent thing for a spectator. They enjoy the games on Sunday with family and friends, cheer for their team and realize that it's just entertainment.
                            ------

"I was an integral part in the drafting process of EJ Manuel," Whaley said Thursday on NFL Network's Total Access. "I was the person that handled the draft process and setting up the board."

"We are committed. I want you to believe me when I say that," Whaley said of building around the second-year quarterback, per The Buffalo News. "I always tell you guys that I'll never say never because I don't want to paint myself in a corner, but when I do say something, I do it and I mean it and I try to fulfill it."

"We believe the addition of Sammy is going to be instant impact, not only to our quarterback, but to what our offensive coordinator can come up with game-plan wise and how defenses attack us," Whaley said.

Whaley on EJ Manuel: "We think we got a gem in this guy." (2:30)

"And as Mark says, if in three years maybe he's not [our quarterback of the future], then I'll be sitting there saying 'hey guys', .... anybody got a job for me?" - Doug Whaley

Comment

• Fletch
                              • May 2007

Originally posted by JoeMama View Post
                              We are better.

Especially with Kyle Orton at the helm.

Nothing funny about this thread.
                              We're going to find out over the next 11 games, that's for sure.

We're definitely better minus EJ who's finished as a starter in this league. The only way he gets another chance is if there aren't many changes in the team after the season, and if that's the case we're ****ed anyway.

As I said before, I thought that we were a 4-5 win team with Manuel, and 2-3 better with Orton. If Orton were that good then one of several other teams would have picked him up. I still say 6-10 to 8-8.

For the first time though there is excitement. I simply can't claim that we're a playoff team. Jackson at 33 is the only decent RB we have. Watkins hasn't come close to playing consistently.

While others are excited to see Spikes vs. NE, let's keep in mind that Belicheat knows his every weakness, so expect a ton of passes to go near and around him because he sucks in pass coverage. That's if we leave him on the field. I'm not as sold on the rest of the LBs like many here are and definintely not on our DBs, which have given up tons of yards to good WRs.

The thing is that we just haven't faced many good healthy RBs or WRs. Miami doesn't have any, Detroit had only Tate on the field and he posted his best game ever, San Diego didn't have any, Jeffrey and Marshall had a pretty decent game together at Chicago and along with TE Bennett put up over 200 yards. Johnson and Hopkins played pretty well considering that they had Fitzpatrick throwing them the ball. Who here thinks that Fitz is going to finish the season over there? I don't. Either way, that was probably our best game and it was a very much above average game for Fitzpatrick, so not sure what that says.

The only established top WR in the bunch was Andre Johnson and he's 33.

Have we faced an above average RB that wasn't hurt besides Forte who averaged 4.8 ypc against us? No.

Offensively, again, we'll see, but Orton is Orton, I don't think he's even as good as Bledsoe was and Bledsoe had a 23-25 record in three seasons with a better defense than we have now, and probably better RBs and WRs too.
                              Last edited by Fletch; 10-09-2014, 09:20 AM.
                              http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/sho...s-haters/page3

Post #46

Originally posted by Yasgur's Farm
                              (Moderator) My name's Max Yasgur, and I approve of this post.
                              Originally Posted by pmoon6
                              The idea that you "won't settle" presumes that you have some kind of control. Delusional thinking at best for a supposed fan of a spectators' sport. Your way to deal with it is to constantly ***** and denigrate any move, any result concerning the team even if it's positive because you don't want your whittle feewings hurt again. It's a protection mechanism.

You shroud your childish approach in a vale of pompous, intellectual garbage in an attempt to look smart and "real". You over-analyze even minute points and manipulate statistics to fit your negative view of the team. Again, to feel good about yourself and to protect from getting hurt.

Of course, the criticisms are obviously from someone who has no understanding of the team concept or what it takes to excel at athletics.

The true "realist" understands that they have no control of what happens on the field or behind the closed doors at One Bills' Drive, so they do the prudent thing for a spectator. They enjoy the games on Sunday with family and friends, cheer for their team and realize that it's just entertainment.
                              ------

"I was an integral part in the drafting process of EJ Manuel," Whaley said Thursday on NFL Network's Total Access. "I was the person that handled the draft process and setting up the board."

"We are committed. I want you to believe me when I say that," Whaley said of building around the second-year quarterback, per The Buffalo News. "I always tell you guys that I'll never say never because I don't want to paint myself in a corner, but when I do say something, I do it and I mean it and I try to fulfill it."

"We believe the addition of Sammy is going to be instant impact, not only to our quarterback, but to what our offensive coordinator can come up with game-plan wise and how defenses attack us," Whaley said.

Whaley on EJ Manuel: "We think we got a gem in this guy." (2:30)

"And as Mark says, if in three years maybe he's not [our quarterback of the future], then I'll be sitting there saying 'hey guys', .... anybody got a job for me?" - Doug Whaley

Comment

Working...
                              X