X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • casdhf
    • Jul 2002

Cap Question - Mike Williams

So we traded for this guy and he makes like $7 million a year. Well worth his production.

If we cut him at any point, we will have no dead cap, right?

TB ate that all when they made the move.
    Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
    cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

• Forward_Lateral
    • Mar 2004

Re: Cap Question - Mike Williams

Let's see how he does with Orton at QB. I expect to see Woods and Goodwin's production go up for sure, Williams likely as well.

Comment

• casdhf
      • Jul 2002

Still. Is the slot guy worth 7 mill?
      cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• EricStratton
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by casdhf View Post

If he forces the safety to play it strait then he's worth every penny

Comment

• Luisito23
          Men Have Superbowl Gold, Legends Have Platinum Hearts!!!
          • Apr 2003

No!...Definitely not.
          "Expect rejection, but expect more to overcome it."
          ***Marv Levy.***

"Coach Levy is one of the most inspirational people that I have ever known."
          ***Thurman Thomas.***

"You're not going to find a more classier, down-to-Earth person away from the field than Marv Levy. He's a guy who's pretty much made me what I am today as far as a professional player and a person."
          ***Jim Kelly***

Marv Levy's Website

Comment

• casdhf
            • Jul 2002

I'm not advocating cutting the guy at all. I'm just asking ... if we do, do we any cap hit? Personally, I think he will restructure at some point.
            cas,

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• better days
              • Jan 2010

Williams played on the outside in Tampa & if he needed to do that in Buffalo because of injuries or whatever he is capable of doing so as well as playing the slot.

Mike is worth the money.

Comment

• Fletch
                • May 2007

Originally posted by better days View Post
                Williams played on the outside in Tampa & if he needed to do that in Buffalo because of injuries or whatever he is capable of doing so as well as playing the slot.

Mike is worth the money.
                Who isn't worth the money on this team to you?
                http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/sho...s-haters/page3

Post #46

Originally posted by Yasgur's Farm
                (Moderator) My name's Max Yasgur, and I approve of this post.
                Originally Posted by pmoon6
                The idea that you "won't settle" presumes that you have some kind of control. Delusional thinking at best for a supposed fan of a spectators' sport. Your way to deal with it is to constantly ***** and denigrate any move, any result concerning the team even if it's positive because you don't want your whittle feewings hurt again. It's a protection mechanism.

You shroud your childish approach in a vale of pompous, intellectual garbage in an attempt to look smart and "real". You over-analyze even minute points and manipulate statistics to fit your negative view of the team. Again, to feel good about yourself and to protect from getting hurt.

Of course, the criticisms are obviously from someone who has no understanding of the team concept or what it takes to excel at athletics.

The true "realist" understands that they have no control of what happens on the field or behind the closed doors at One Bills' Drive, so they do the prudent thing for a spectator. They enjoy the games on Sunday with family and friends, cheer for their team and realize that it's just entertainment.
                ------

"I was an integral part in the drafting process of EJ Manuel," Whaley said Thursday on NFL Network's Total Access. "I was the person that handled the draft process and setting up the board."

"We are committed. I want you to believe me when I say that," Whaley said of building around the second-year quarterback, per The Buffalo News. "I always tell you guys that I'll never say never because I don't want to paint myself in a corner, but when I do say something, I do it and I mean it and I try to fulfill it."

"We believe the addition of Sammy is going to be instant impact, not only to our quarterback, but to what our offensive coordinator can come up with game-plan wise and how defenses attack us," Whaley said.

Whaley on EJ Manuel: "We think we got a gem in this guy." (2:30)

"And as Mark says, if in three years maybe he's not [our quarterback of the future], then I'll be sitting there saying 'hey guys', .... anybody got a job for me?" - Doug Whaley

Comment

• ghz in pittsburgh
                  • Aug 2004

Not sure about his role right now. The Bills went from no outside receivers (read - a bunch of slot receivers) to all outside receivers and almost no slot guy.

Williams, Goodwin should play outside. Woods so far has not shown being a capable slot guy, much, much better outside. Sammy is an all around guy, but based on his size and skillset, I'd not be surprised that his production from the slot will be the best for his career. We may even see some this Sunday now that his ribs injury seems to finally fade.

Right now the slot belongs to Hogan. I saw a little bit of pre-game practice when the Bills were in Pittsburgh pre-season back in Aug. Hogan runs the best routes (crisp, clean) among all receivers, including Watkins; no wonder Stevie called him 7-11. However, I haven't seen him translating all that to actual games. Hines Ward started out in slot and was a master at that despite not having great speed. You need to grasp what the defense is doing quickly and finding that soft under belly of the coverage as well as giving your QB a clear path for the ball.
                  Last edited by ghz in pittsburgh; 10-09-2014, 10:16 AM.

Comment

• better days
                    • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Fletch View Post
                    Who isn't worth the money on this team to you?
                    Urbik, Pears, Chris Williams, I guess that about covers it.

Comment

• better days
                      • Jan 2010

Originally posted by ghz in pittsburgh View Post
                      Not sure about his role right now. The Bills went from no outside receivers (read - a bunch of slot receivers) to all outside receivers and almost no slot guy.

Williams, Goodwin should play outside. Woods so far has not shown being a capable slot guy, much, much better outside. Sammy is an all around guy, but based on his size and skillset, I'd not be surprised that his production from the slot will be the best for his career. We may even see some this Sunday now that his ribs injury seems to finally fade.

Right now the slot belongs to Hogan. I saw a little bit of pre-game practice when the Bills were in Pittsburgh pre-season back in Aug. Hogan runs the best routes (crisp, clean) among all receivers, including Watkins; no wonder Stevie called him 7-11. However, I haven't seen him translating all that to actual games. Hines Ward started out in slot and was a master at that despite not having great speed. You need to grasp what the defense is doing quickly and finding that soft under belly of the coverage as well as giving your QB a clear path for the ball.
                      Hogan got the nickname 7-11 while he was in Miami.

He made a couple nice catches against the Lions.

Comment

• IlluminatusUIUC
                        • Sep 2012

I'm not advocating cutting the guy at all. I'm just asking ... if we do, do we any cap hit? Personally, I think he will restructure at some point.
                        To my knowledge we wouldn't, but his contracts become guaranteed for the year if he appears in game 1 because he's a vested veteran. He also has some roster bonuses through the later years of his deal.

Billszone 2013 Prediction Contest winner!

Comment

• IlluminatusUIUC
                          • Sep 2012

Originally posted by ghz in pittsburgh View Post

Chris Hogan is nothing special. He's fine as a #4/#5 but if he was actually forced into a bigger role it would be a poor move.

Billszone 2013 Prediction Contest winner!

Comment

• Buffalogic
                            Rumblin' Stumblin' Bumblin'
                            • Feb 2006

^ Agree but he made an important catch during that Lions comeback so that was nice to see.

Comment

• better days
                              • Jan 2010

Originally posted by IlluminatusUIUC View Post
                              Chris Hogan is nothing special. He's fine as a #4/#5 but if he was actually forced into a bigger role it would be a poor move.
                              If Hogan was FORCED to a bigger role it would be because of injuries.

I think he would respond well. I think he is good enough to be a 3rd receiver on many teams like the Pats*

Comment

Working...
                              X