X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BillsImpossible
    • Mar 2013

Statistics: Bills Vs. Patriots

The official source for NFL news, video highlights, fantasy football, game-day coverage, schedules, stats, scores and more.

Overall Offense ---

New England has the 21st ranked offense in the NFL after five weeks.

Buffalo is ranked 26th.

Passing Offense ---

Patriots have the 19th ranked passing offense.

Bills have the 21st ranked passing offense.

Rushing Offense ---

Patriots have the 14th ranked rushing offense.

Buffalo is ranked 20th.

Those offensive stats are quite similar, but what strikes me the most is that Tom Brady played all 5 games and EJ Manuel played 4.

I think it's safe to say that the Bills offense would be ranked higher if Orton started the season.

The defensive stats are very interesting. New England has a very good defense.

Overall Defense ---

The Bills are ranked 8th in the league.

The Pats are ranked 4th.

Passing Defense ---

The Bills are ranked 21st against the pass.

New England is ranked 3rd against the pass.

Run Defense ---

Buffalo is ranked 2nd in the league against the run.

New England is ranked 17th against the run.

So in other words, the Bills should run the ball a lot and the Pats should pass the ball a lot on paper.

I honestly don't like the matchup because the Bills have been struggling to run the ball, and Tom Brady is no stranger to throwing 49 times a game.

Who have the Patriots played so far?

Miami (33-20 loss)

Minnesota (30-7 win)

Oakland (16-9 win)

KC (41-14 loss)

Cincinnati (43-17 win)

Who have the Bills played so far?

Chicago (23-20 win)

Miami (29-10 win)

San Diego (22-10 loss)

Houston (23-17 loss)

Detroit (17-14 win)

The Bills have played better teams than the Patriots.

If the Patriots played against the Chargers and Bears in the first 5 weeks, I don't think they would have the 3rd best pass defense.

Orton is the Wild Card factor.

What's your game plan?
  • YardRat
    Well, lookie here...
    • Dec 2004

Re: Statistics: Bills Vs. Patriots

Beat up Brady.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• The Jokeman
      • Dec 2003

Originally posted by YardRat View Post
      Beat up Brady.
      and somehow avoid getting Wilforked.

Comment

• Night Train
        Retired - On Several Levels
        • Jul 2005

Originally posted by BillsImpossible View Post
        What's your game plan?

Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• BillsImpossible
          • Mar 2013

Originally posted by YardRat View Post
          Beat up Brady.
          Flag.

15 yard penalty, automatic first down.

Comment

• BillsImpossible
            • Mar 2013

Who's Corey Graham going to cover?

If Orton is the offensive wild card, Corey Graham is the defensive wild card for the Bills.

Who gets Gronk?

Comment

• The Jokeman
              • Dec 2003

Who's Corey Graham going to cover?

If Orton is the offensive wild card, Corey Graham is the defensive wild card for the Bills.

Who gets Gronk?
              Corey might not see much time as he's an outside CB and I see us playing a lot of nickel against the Pats 2 TE sets. I'd like to see Gilmore and A Williams on Gronk, Robey would then draw Edelman in the slot. Leodis on LaFell and D Williams/Searcy on Wright. Yet we could also take D Williams/Searcy out and put Graham at Safety with him drawing Wright which to me a better game plan.
              Last edited by The Jokeman; 10-09-2014, 07:17 PM.

Comment

• BillsImpossible
                • Mar 2013

Originally posted by The Jokeman View Post
                Corey might not see much time as he's an outside CB and I see us playing a lot of nickel against the Pats 2 TE sets. I'd like to see Gilmore and Williams on Gronk, Robey would then draw Edelman in the slot. Leodis on LaFell and Williams/Searcy on Wright. Yet we could also take Williams/Searcy out and put Graham at Safety with him drawing Wright which to me a better game plan.
                Please correct me if I'm wrong, but nickel coverage is 4 lineman, 2 linebackers and 5 DBs?

Comment

• The Jokeman
                  • Dec 2003

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but nickel coverage is 4 lineman, 2 linebackers and 5 DBs?
                  Yes. I said D Williams/Searcy as not sure if Searcy will play or not.

Comment

• Fletch
                    • May 2007

Who gets Gronk?
                    Great question. There isn't a LB on the roster capable of covering him. DBs are a mismatch. I'm expecting a huge day from him.

Then again, he can be his own worst enemy with injuries. Maybe he'll get hurt early. It's going to happen at some point this season.
                    Last edited by Fletch; 10-09-2014, 07:27 PM.
                    http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/sho...s-haters/page3

Post #46

Originally posted by Yasgur's Farm
                    (Moderator) My name's Max Yasgur, and I approve of this post.
                    Originally Posted by pmoon6
                    The idea that you "won't settle" presumes that you have some kind of control. Delusional thinking at best for a supposed fan of a spectators' sport. Your way to deal with it is to constantly ***** and denigrate any move, any result concerning the team even if it's positive because you don't want your whittle feewings hurt again. It's a protection mechanism.

You shroud your childish approach in a vale of pompous, intellectual garbage in an attempt to look smart and "real". You over-analyze even minute points and manipulate statistics to fit your negative view of the team. Again, to feel good about yourself and to protect from getting hurt.

Of course, the criticisms are obviously from someone who has no understanding of the team concept or what it takes to excel at athletics.

The true "realist" understands that they have no control of what happens on the field or behind the closed doors at One Bills' Drive, so they do the prudent thing for a spectator. They enjoy the games on Sunday with family and friends, cheer for their team and realize that it's just entertainment.
                    ------

"I was an integral part in the drafting process of EJ Manuel," Whaley said Thursday on NFL Network's Total Access. "I was the person that handled the draft process and setting up the board."

"We are committed. I want you to believe me when I say that," Whaley said of building around the second-year quarterback, per The Buffalo News. "I always tell you guys that I'll never say never because I don't want to paint myself in a corner, but when I do say something, I do it and I mean it and I try to fulfill it."

"We believe the addition of Sammy is going to be instant impact, not only to our quarterback, but to what our offensive coordinator can come up with game-plan wise and how defenses attack us," Whaley said.

Whaley on EJ Manuel: "We think we got a gem in this guy." (2:30)

"And as Mark says, if in three years maybe he's not [our quarterback of the future], then I'll be sitting there saying 'hey guys', .... anybody got a job for me?" - Doug Whaley

Comment

• BillsImpossible
                      • Mar 2013

This is a toughy.

Blitz the ever living crap out of Brady?

Schwartz doesn't blitz. Should he against Brady?

If the Bills are planning on going nickel coverage for most of the game, why not dime if the front 4 stuff the run early?

F that. Bring the heat and knock Brady's block off.

Comment

• BillsImpossible
                        • Mar 2013

I want to see Marcell Dareus eat Tom Brady alive on the field like a lion tearing a zebra apart on the Discovery Channel.

Comment

• The Jokeman
                          • Dec 2003

This is a toughy.

If the Bills are planning on going nickel coverage for most of the game, why not dime if the front 4 stuff the run early?

Nickel it so if you want to bring an extra defender to rush Brady up the middle you can. As I'd love nothing more to see Spikes lower the boom on Brady.

Comment

• better days
                            • Jan 2010

I think the Bills will be in their regular defense most of the game unless the Bills get a huge lead.

Comment

• Fletch
                              • May 2007

This is a toughy.

Teams typically don't have much success blitzing the daylights out of Brady unless their coaches are John Harbaugh or Tom Coughlin.

You know this.

My guess is that we'll try to simply put the pressure on using our Front four. I mean NE's O-line is a mess and we have the top DL in the league, right? At least that's what's being preached here.

So there doesn't seem to be much of a need to blitz now, does there.

If you ask me, and if I were Marrone, my first priority would be who's going to be covering Gronk and how are we going to prevent him from having a 150 yard 2 TD day while opening up the entire rest of NE's offense to add another 300 yards like the last time we beat them.

So who's going to cover Gronk? Spikes? Please. Bradham, Rivers, Preston Brown? None are capable. Searcy? Williams? Please.

Marrone needs to figure that out in the next 48 hours or it might be a very long day for us even if we manage to contain Vereen and Ridley running the ball.
                              http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/sho...s-haters/page3

Post #46

Originally posted by Yasgur's Farm
                              (Moderator) My name's Max Yasgur, and I approve of this post.
                              Originally Posted by pmoon6
                              The idea that you "won't settle" presumes that you have some kind of control. Delusional thinking at best for a supposed fan of a spectators' sport. Your way to deal with it is to constantly ***** and denigrate any move, any result concerning the team even if it's positive because you don't want your whittle feewings hurt again. It's a protection mechanism.

You shroud your childish approach in a vale of pompous, intellectual garbage in an attempt to look smart and "real". You over-analyze even minute points and manipulate statistics to fit your negative view of the team. Again, to feel good about yourself and to protect from getting hurt.

Of course, the criticisms are obviously from someone who has no understanding of the team concept or what it takes to excel at athletics.

The true "realist" understands that they have no control of what happens on the field or behind the closed doors at One Bills' Drive, so they do the prudent thing for a spectator. They enjoy the games on Sunday with family and friends, cheer for their team and realize that it's just entertainment.
                              ------

"I was an integral part in the drafting process of EJ Manuel," Whaley said Thursday on NFL Network's Total Access. "I was the person that handled the draft process and setting up the board."

"We are committed. I want you to believe me when I say that," Whaley said of building around the second-year quarterback, per The Buffalo News. "I always tell you guys that I'll never say never because I don't want to paint myself in a corner, but when I do say something, I do it and I mean it and I try to fulfill it."

"We believe the addition of Sammy is going to be instant impact, not only to our quarterback, but to what our offensive coordinator can come up with game-plan wise and how defenses attack us," Whaley said.

Whaley on EJ Manuel: "We think we got a gem in this guy." (2:30)

"And as Mark says, if in three years maybe he's not [our quarterback of the future], then I'll be sitting there saying 'hey guys', .... anybody got a job for me?" - Doug Whaley

Comment

Working...
                              X