X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ghz in pittsburgh
    • Aug 2004

The difference of a QB

I don't necessarily believe the Colts overall talent is better than the Bills, but they have Luck. Look how calm he did against Watt and Houston's pressure.

It reminds me of the Bills game two weeks ago. Can't run the ball. But the QB made all the difference.
  • Novacane
    • Jul 2002

Re: The difference of a QB

Houston is not very good. I hope that L doesn't come back to haunt us.

Comment

• Fletch
      • May 2007

Why would a loss to a specific team come back to haunt us? ... other than it being just a loss that is.
      http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/sho...s-haters/page3

Post #46

Originally posted by Yasgur's Farm
      (Moderator) My name's Max Yasgur, and I approve of this post.
      Originally Posted by pmoon6
      The idea that you "won't settle" presumes that you have some kind of control. Delusional thinking at best for a supposed fan of a spectators' sport. Your way to deal with it is to constantly ***** and denigrate any move, any result concerning the team even if it's positive because you don't want your whittle feewings hurt again. It's a protection mechanism.

You shroud your childish approach in a vale of pompous, intellectual garbage in an attempt to look smart and "real". You over-analyze even minute points and manipulate statistics to fit your negative view of the team. Again, to feel good about yourself and to protect from getting hurt.

Of course, the criticisms are obviously from someone who has no understanding of the team concept or what it takes to excel at athletics.

The true "realist" understands that they have no control of what happens on the field or behind the closed doors at One Bills' Drive, so they do the prudent thing for a spectator. They enjoy the games on Sunday with family and friends, cheer for their team and realize that it's just entertainment.
      ------

"I was an integral part in the drafting process of EJ Manuel," Whaley said Thursday on NFL Network's Total Access. "I was the person that handled the draft process and setting up the board."

"We are committed. I want you to believe me when I say that," Whaley said of building around the second-year quarterback, per The Buffalo News. "I always tell you guys that I'll never say never because I don't want to paint myself in a corner, but when I do say something, I do it and I mean it and I try to fulfill it."

"We believe the addition of Sammy is going to be instant impact, not only to our quarterback, but to what our offensive coordinator can come up with game-plan wise and how defenses attack us," Whaley said.

Whaley on EJ Manuel: "We think we got a gem in this guy." (2:30)

"And as Mark says, if in three years maybe he's not [our quarterback of the future], then I'll be sitting there saying 'hey guys', .... anybody got a job for me?" - Doug Whaley

Comment

• bleve
        • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Fletch View Post
        Why would a loss to a specific team come back to haunt us? ... other than it being just a loss that is.
        It was a winnable game. If we miss out of wildcard/division title because of one game, it's that one that you could point to that is where we blew it.

Also, they're an AFC team that we could be battling for a wild card. This loss can also factor in tie-breaking calculations.
        "You can't be a real country unless you have beer and an airline - it helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need beer."
        ~ Frank Zappa

Comment

• Goobylal
          • Jan 2004

It also shows you what having a good offensive cordinator does for you. There's no reason the Bills had to pass over twice as much as they ran in that game.

Comment

• ghz in pittsburgh
            • Aug 2004

I do think being in that division giving Colts a better idea how to handle Watt. They have 2 guys on Watt every play, keep hitting him even when he's down.

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
              Skoobasaurus-Rex
              • Oct 2011

We need the Texans to lose.

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                Unreachable Douche
                • Jul 2002

We be 5-0 with a real QB.

Comment

• MikeInRoch
                  • Sep 2003

No we wouldn't. We still would have lost to San Diego.
                  "'Clean up your room.', 'Stand up straight.', 'Pick up your feet.', 'Take it like a man.', 'Be nice to your sister.', 'Don't mix beer and wine, ever.'. Oh yeah, 'Don't drive on the railroad track.'"

"Eh, Phil. That's one I happen to agree with."

Comment

• imbondz
                    Democrats are people too
                    • Jan 2003

JJ Watt is insane. He's almost in every single play
                    My faith doesn’t make me perfect, it makes me forgiven.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                      Peterman Sucks!
                      • Mar 2006

Originally posted by MikeInRoch View Post
                      No we wouldn't. We still would have lost to San Diego.
                      Exactly.

San Diego stopped trying to do anything after their first possession in the 2nd half. As evidenced by Donald Brown carrying the ball til his legs fell off even though he went nowhere.

If the Bills offense was competent, Rivers would have thrown more and while he was throwing San Diego was doing whatever they wanted offensively.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by imbondz View Post
                      JJ Watt is insane. He's almost in every single play
                      Watt is one of the only defensive players in the NFL who can completely take a game over.

Comment

• Novacane
                        • Jul 2002

Fitz with the turnover with a chance to win. Some things never change.

Comment

• imbondz
                          Democrats are people too
                          • Jan 2003

Ugh. typical Fitz. I wanted the Texans to lose, but didn't want Fitz to do that.
                          My faith doesn’t make me perfect, it makes me forgiven.

Comment

• Thurmal
                            • Oct 2005

Originally posted by imbondz View Post
                            Ugh. typical Fitz. I wanted the Texans to lose, but didn't want Fitz to do that.
                            I did. If he had led them on a 91-yard scoring drive with no timeouts to score the game-winning TD -- after all the game-ending picks he threw as a Bill -- I would have had a meltdown.
                            "Miami played pretty damn good today and still got their ass kicked."

Comment

• Buffalogic
                              Rumblin' Stumblin' Bumblin'
                              • Feb 2006

Originally posted by Mr. Pink View Post
                              Exactly.

San Diego stopped trying to do anything after their first possession in the 2nd half. As evidenced by Donald Brown carrying the ball til his legs fell off even though he went nowhere.

If the Bills offense was competent, Rivers would have thrown more and while he was throwing San Diego was doing whatever they wanted offensively.

- - - Updated - - -

Watt is one of the only defensive players in the NFL who can completely take a game over.
                              We wouldn't have been so far behind in that game if we had a real QB.

Watt is too good to be true. The guy has to be roiding with his bud Cush.

Comment

Working...
                              X