X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BidsJr
    • Sep 2002

Kelly/Pegula Rift?

I found it curious that Jim scheduled a vacation during the week of the vote/transaction of the team.

Then during the John Murphy interview with Terry, Terry made the comment that several people reached out to him to be part of the ownership group and they never responded to them. Not to be rude but as part of the NDA's that were signed and he hoped they were not upset with them.

I wonder if Jim reached out, never got a response and got his feelings hurt?

Maybe nothing, but who knows.
    "Well I drink too much and get punched in the head by fighters for fun, so my memory isn't so great." -OpIv37
  • Fletch
    • May 2007

Re: Kelly/Pegula Rift?

Who cares.

If anyone can't understand that an owner wants to be an owner by themself then that's a little odd.
    http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/sho...s-haters/page3

Post #46

Originally posted by Yasgur's Farm
    (Moderator) My name's Max Yasgur, and I approve of this post.
    Originally Posted by pmoon6
    The idea that you "won't settle" presumes that you have some kind of control. Delusional thinking at best for a supposed fan of a spectators' sport. Your way to deal with it is to constantly ***** and denigrate any move, any result concerning the team even if it's positive because you don't want your whittle feewings hurt again. It's a protection mechanism.

You shroud your childish approach in a vale of pompous, intellectual garbage in an attempt to look smart and "real". You over-analyze even minute points and manipulate statistics to fit your negative view of the team. Again, to feel good about yourself and to protect from getting hurt.

Of course, the criticisms are obviously from someone who has no understanding of the team concept or what it takes to excel at athletics.

The true "realist" understands that they have no control of what happens on the field or behind the closed doors at One Bills' Drive, so they do the prudent thing for a spectator. They enjoy the games on Sunday with family and friends, cheer for their team and realize that it's just entertainment.
    ------

"I was an integral part in the drafting process of EJ Manuel," Whaley said Thursday on NFL Network's Total Access. "I was the person that handled the draft process and setting up the board."

"We are committed. I want you to believe me when I say that," Whaley said of building around the second-year quarterback, per The Buffalo News. "I always tell you guys that I'll never say never because I don't want to paint myself in a corner, but when I do say something, I do it and I mean it and I try to fulfill it."

"We believe the addition of Sammy is going to be instant impact, not only to our quarterback, but to what our offensive coordinator can come up with game-plan wise and how defenses attack us," Whaley said.

Whaley on EJ Manuel: "We think we got a gem in this guy." (2:30)

"And as Mark says, if in three years maybe he's not [our quarterback of the future], then I'll be sitting there saying 'hey guys', .... anybody got a job for me?" - Doug Whaley

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
      Skoobasaurus-Rex
      • Oct 2011

When Terry bought the Sabres, he got the great ones together & honored them perpetually. I'd expect nothing less than this to happen again.

Comment

• BidsJr
        • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Fletch View Post
        Who cares.

If anyone can't understand that an owner wants to be an owner by themself then that's a little odd.

Well obviously Terry Pegula cares or he wouldn't have made the comment.
        "Well I drink too much and get punched in the head by fighters for fun, so my memory isn't so great." -OpIv37

Comment

• BuffRanger
          • Sep 2004

makes total sense.

Comment

• Fletch
            • May 2007

Originally posted by MitchMurrayDowntown View Post
            When Terry bought the Sabres, he got the great ones together & honored them perpetually. I'd expect nothing less than this to happen again.
            I doubt he's going to turn his back on anyone that's been associated with the Bills over the years.

OK, well maybe OJ.

Originally posted by BidsJr View Post
            Well obviously Terry Pegula cares or he wouldn't have made the comment.
            Obviously I meant third parties. Terry was simply being gracious. He doesn't owe anyone an explanation as to why he (and Kim) wanted to be 100% owners without any other representation.

Or do you think he does owe someone an explanation?
            http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/sho...s-haters/page3

Post #46

Originally posted by Yasgur's Farm
            (Moderator) My name's Max Yasgur, and I approve of this post.
            Originally Posted by pmoon6
            The idea that you "won't settle" presumes that you have some kind of control. Delusional thinking at best for a supposed fan of a spectators' sport. Your way to deal with it is to constantly ***** and denigrate any move, any result concerning the team even if it's positive because you don't want your whittle feewings hurt again. It's a protection mechanism.

You shroud your childish approach in a vale of pompous, intellectual garbage in an attempt to look smart and "real". You over-analyze even minute points and manipulate statistics to fit your negative view of the team. Again, to feel good about yourself and to protect from getting hurt.

Of course, the criticisms are obviously from someone who has no understanding of the team concept or what it takes to excel at athletics.

The true "realist" understands that they have no control of what happens on the field or behind the closed doors at One Bills' Drive, so they do the prudent thing for a spectator. They enjoy the games on Sunday with family and friends, cheer for their team and realize that it's just entertainment.
            ------

"I was an integral part in the drafting process of EJ Manuel," Whaley said Thursday on NFL Network's Total Access. "I was the person that handled the draft process and setting up the board."

"We are committed. I want you to believe me when I say that," Whaley said of building around the second-year quarterback, per The Buffalo News. "I always tell you guys that I'll never say never because I don't want to paint myself in a corner, but when I do say something, I do it and I mean it and I try to fulfill it."

"We believe the addition of Sammy is going to be instant impact, not only to our quarterback, but to what our offensive coordinator can come up with game-plan wise and how defenses attack us," Whaley said.

Whaley on EJ Manuel: "We think we got a gem in this guy." (2:30)

"And as Mark says, if in three years maybe he's not [our quarterback of the future], then I'll be sitting there saying 'hey guys', .... anybody got a job for me?" - Doug Whaley

Comment

• BidsJr
              • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Fletch View Post
              I doubt he's going to turn his back on anyone that's been associated with the Bills over the years.

OK, well maybe OJ.

Obviously I meant third parties. Terry was simply being gracious. He doesn't owe anyone an explanation as to why he (and Kim) wanted to be 100% owners without any other representation.

Or do you think he does owe someone an explanation?
              No I don't think he owes anyone anything. I was just making an observation. Maybe a bad one, but an observation none the less.

Comment

• WagonCircler
                Escaped Convict
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by BidsJr View Post
                I found it curious that Jim scheduled a vacation during the week of the vote/transaction of the team..
                When you have a near death experience, your perspective changes a little bit. Time spent with your family is invaluable.

Friday's press conference wasn't scheduled until Thursday. Jim's still not even close to 100% recovered from the hell that he just went through. Last minute plans are 100x harder when you're not healthy.

Comment

• black N yellow
                  • Dec 2012

how creative.

Comment

• OpIv37
                    Acid Douching Asswipe
                    • Sep 2002

Until I find out if this is true or not, I'm only going to say one thing:

I love Jim Kelly for all he's done for this team and the city. But despite that, he's not entitled to team ownership. If this is true, then he's being bitter and childish.

That being said, I think Jim is a bigger man than that and I highly doubt it's true.
                    MiKiDo Facebook
                    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• YardRat
                      Well, lookie here...
                      • Dec 2004

Three things...

1-If Kelly actually is a little butt-hurt, he and Pegs will fix it up.
                      2-I respect the manner in which the Pegula's treated the process...very professional, business-like, and stayed pretty much out of the public eye (save the obvious speculation by others).
                      3-If any of the reports were true about Kelly's 'requirements' or 'requests' to become a part owner, I don't see how any majority owner would agree to a single one of them, let alone all.
                      YardRat Wall of Fame
                      #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                      #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Goobylal
                        • Jan 2004

Truth be told, whether he's hurt by this or not matters little. The team is staying and that's all that we as Bills fans should care about. And Kelly wanted that as well so I'm sure he is happy about that at least.

Comment

• Scumbag College
                          • Oct 2002

Kelly was already working with another group interested in purchasing the Bills, wasn't he? It would be inappropriate for Pegula to ask him to jump ship, as well as it would be inappropriate for Kelly to take him up on the offer and leave his other team in the lurch. Also, the Pegulas obviously have enough money where they don't need a partner in ownership. They might love the Bills and be Jim Kelly fans, but at the end of the day it's still a business to them.
                          Remember Kevin Everett in your thoughts.

Vote Nader in 2008!

http://www.votenader.org/

Comment

• Gibby
                            Power & Authority Demand Responsibility to the common good, and must never be abused.
                            • Jun 2006

Leave it to Bills fans to make a big deal out of nothing. I think Wagons said it best. IF, however, there was any ill feelings I think they will be quickly smoothed over.

Comment

• BidsJr
                              • Sep 2002

Originally posted by MST3KBillsfan View Post
                              Leave it to Bills fans to make a big deal out of nothing. I think Wagons said it best. IF, however, there was any ill feelings I think they will be quickly smoothed over.
                              Look the facts are that people reached out to Terry and family to express interest in being part of the group, and got no response from Terry because of the NDA. Also a fact that Jim was looking to become part of an ownership group. I am not trying to make a big deal about it, but I found it odd that on the biggest day in Bills history, Jim was nowhere to be found and I found it worth discussing.

Comment

Working...
                              X