X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The Doc
    • Oct 2014

"Whaleys only one draft in"

K, so this isn't knee jerk from today's loss but I was thinking about that after the game. Brandon has been saying Whaley is only one draft in to separate him from EJ. I get it. But here's the thing...Doug's first draft ain't looking so good. Watkins is gonna be great but we gave up TWO firsts! Our 2nd pick is a bust and the man thought Chris Williams was a good idea...

That shouldn't be forgotten. Whaleys young and there some good things to be said but he's also got some skeletons in his closet and Pegula will evaluate accordingly.
  • MikeInRoch
    • Sep 2003

Re: "Whaleys only one draft in"

I just love judging drafts after 5 games. It makes SO much sense!
    "'Clean up your room.', 'Stand up straight.', 'Pick up your feet.', 'Take it like a man.', 'Be nice to your sister.', 'Don't mix beer and wine, ever.'. Oh yeah, 'Don't drive on the railroad track.'"

"Eh, Phil. That's one I happen to agree with."

Comment

• The Doc
      • Oct 2014

Originally posted by MikeInRoch View Post
      I just love judging drafts after 5 games. It makes SO much sense!
      Our 2nd round pick is a bust. That's in. Watkins is gonna be a star...that's not what's up for debate. But what is known is our situation and giving up two picks when QB is an issue is crazy.

But you do have a point.

Comment

• Swiper
        • Sep 2010

How is Seantrel Henderson doing?

I think Whaley has to get a guard, safety, and a RB (and dump Spiller) next year. I know. Duh.

Comment

• T-Long
          Circling the Wagons since 1982.
          • Sep 2003

It drives me nuts when people say we gave up TWO first round picks. We swapped firsts in 2014 (that isnt giving one up, it's swapping one). We gave up ONE first round draft pick. I had no problem with it in April, and won't have an issue with it 15 years from now when he becomes the best Bills WR ever.

Comment

• The Doc
            • Oct 2014

Originally posted by T-Long View Post
            It drives me nuts when people say we gave up TWO first round picks. We swapped firsts in 2014 (that isnt giving one up, it's swapping one). We gave up ONE first round draft pick. I had no problem with it in April, and won't have an issue with it 15 years from now when he becomes the best Bills WR ever.
            We gave up two...we gave up 1 on EJ Manuel.

Comment

• YardRat
              Well, lookie here...
              • Dec 2004

Watkins will be a star...KuJo is not a bust, but I'd like to see him moved inside to guard...Richardson is starting, and so is Henderson...Brown has played almost every defensive snap this season and acquitted himself well...Cockrell and Johnson haven't done much...If you cash in on a playmaker on offense, a solid LBer and potentially three-fifths of a starting offensive line in one draft, I'd call that a really good three days of work. Hell, even if KuJo does bust four starters is damn good.
              YardRat Wall of Fame
              #56 DARRYL TALLEY
              #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• The Doc
                • Oct 2014

Originally posted by YardRat View Post
                Watkins will be a star...KuJo is not a bust, but I'd like to see him moved inside to guard...Richardson is starting, and so is Henderson...Brown has played almost every defensive snap this season and acquitted himself well...Cockrell and Johnson haven't done much...If you cash in on a playmaker on offense, a solid LBer and potentially three-fifths of a starting offensive line in one draft, I'd call that a really good three days of work. Hell, even if KuJo does bust four starters is damn good.
                Look,where I was going is that Pegula WILL evaluate Whaley to see if he wants to keep him on....and whatever you think of the amount we gave up for Watkins, right now it's not looking good for Whaley.

Comment

• YardRat
                  Well, lookie here...
                  • Dec 2004

Originally posted by The Doc View Post
                  Look,where I was going is that Pegula WILL evaluate Whaley to see if he wants to keep him on....and whatever you think of the amount we gave up for Watkins, right now it's not looking good for Whaley.
                  Of course he's going to evaluate Whaley...he's going to evaluate the entire organization...but one player, one draft pick, certainly isn't going to be the only factor.
                  YardRat Wall of Fame
                  #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                  #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• MikeInRoch
                    • Sep 2003

Our 2nd round pick is a bust. That's in. Watkins is gonna be a star...that's not what's up for debate. But what is known is our situation and giving up two picks when QB is an issue is crazy.

But you do have a point.
                    There are no busts 5 games in.
                    "'Clean up your room.', 'Stand up straight.', 'Pick up your feet.', 'Take it like a man.', 'Be nice to your sister.', 'Don't mix beer and wine, ever.'. Oh yeah, 'Don't drive on the railroad track.'"

"Eh, Phil. That's one I happen to agree with."

Comment

• Fletch
                      • May 2007

K, so this isn't knee jerk from today's loss but I was thinking about that after the game. Brandon has been saying Whaley is only one draft in to separate him from EJ. I get it. But here's the thing...Doug's first draft ain't looking so good. Watkins is gonna be great but we gave up TWO firsts! Our 2nd pick is a bust and the man thought Chris Williams was a good idea...

That shouldn't be forgotten. Whaleys young and there some good things to be said but he's also got some skeletons in his closet and Pegula will evaluate accordingly.
                      Whaley was responsible for Manuel, he's said so himself. He's made it unmistakably clear.

Let's understand, he thought he could bring the read-option here which is why he and Brandon also hired Marrone. Nix was nothing but a hood ornament during 2012/2013.
                      http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/sho...s-haters/page3

Post #46

Originally posted by Yasgur's Farm
                      (Moderator) My name's Max Yasgur, and I approve of this post.
                      Originally Posted by pmoon6
                      The idea that you "won't settle" presumes that you have some kind of control. Delusional thinking at best for a supposed fan of a spectators' sport. Your way to deal with it is to constantly ***** and denigrate any move, any result concerning the team even if it's positive because you don't want your whittle feewings hurt again. It's a protection mechanism.

You shroud your childish approach in a vale of pompous, intellectual garbage in an attempt to look smart and "real". You over-analyze even minute points and manipulate statistics to fit your negative view of the team. Again, to feel good about yourself and to protect from getting hurt.

Of course, the criticisms are obviously from someone who has no understanding of the team concept or what it takes to excel at athletics.

The true "realist" understands that they have no control of what happens on the field or behind the closed doors at One Bills' Drive, so they do the prudent thing for a spectator. They enjoy the games on Sunday with family and friends, cheer for their team and realize that it's just entertainment.
                      ------

"I was an integral part in the drafting process of EJ Manuel," Whaley said Thursday on NFL Network's Total Access. "I was the person that handled the draft process and setting up the board."

"We are committed. I want you to believe me when I say that," Whaley said of building around the second-year quarterback, per The Buffalo News. "I always tell you guys that I'll never say never because I don't want to paint myself in a corner, but when I do say something, I do it and I mean it and I try to fulfill it."

"We believe the addition of Sammy is going to be instant impact, not only to our quarterback, but to what our offensive coordinator can come up with game-plan wise and how defenses attack us," Whaley said.

Whaley on EJ Manuel: "We think we got a gem in this guy." (2:30)

"And as Mark says, if in three years maybe he's not [our quarterback of the future], then I'll be sitting there saying 'hey guys', .... anybody got a job for me?" - Doug Whaley

Comment

• Fletch
                        • May 2007

Originally posted by T-Long View Post
                        OK, we used two 1st round picks and a 4th.

Feel better?

Bills best receiver ever? Are you even watching the games? He's had two notable games, one was against Miami. He's done **** in four other games. Hogan outplayed him today.

Post #46

The idea that you "won't settle" presumes that you have some kind of control. Delusional thinking at best for a supposed fan of a spectators' sport. Your way to deal with it is to constantly ***** and denigrate any move, any result concerning the team even if it's positive because you don't want your whittle feewings hurt again. It's a protection mechanism.

You shroud your childish approach in a vale of pompous, intellectual garbage in an attempt to look smart and "real". You over-analyze even minute points and manipulate statistics to fit your negative view of the team. Again, to feel good about yourself and to protect from getting hurt.

Of course, the criticisms are obviously from someone who has no understanding of the team concept or what it takes to excel at athletics.

The true "realist" understands that they have no control of what happens on the field or behind the closed doors at One Bills' Drive, so they do the prudent thing for a spectator. They enjoy the games on Sunday with family and friends, cheer for their team and realize that it's just entertainment.
                        ------

"I was an integral part in the drafting process of EJ Manuel," Whaley said Thursday on NFL Network's Total Access. "I was the person that handled the draft process and setting up the board."

"We are committed. I want you to believe me when I say that," Whaley said of building around the second-year quarterback, per The Buffalo News. "I always tell you guys that I'll never say never because I don't want to paint myself in a corner, but when I do say something, I do it and I mean it and I try to fulfill it."

"We believe the addition of Sammy is going to be instant impact, not only to our quarterback, but to what our offensive coordinator can come up with game-plan wise and how defenses attack us," Whaley said.

"And as Mark says, if in three years maybe he's not [our quarterback of the future], then I'll be sitting there saying 'hey guys', .... anybody got a job for me?" - Doug Whaley

Comment

• Fletch
                          • May 2007

Originally posted by MikeInRoch View Post
                          There are no busts 5 games in.
                          He's not going to be a bust in the classic sense, but anyone thinking that he's going to have been worth two 1st-rounders and a 4th doesn't have a clue.

Post #46

------

Comment

• Fletch
                            • May 2007

Watch the video in my signature. Whaley said himself that if Manuel doesn't work out he should be looking for new work.

I cannot agree more, he should be looking for new work. There's one thing that will save him, us making the playoffs. But right now I wouldn't even bet that we hit 8-8.

Cleveland's looking better than we are. The other NE game, Denver, and Green Bay will likely be losses. Miami's playing well. KC's going to be tough. We're 2-7 against the Jets the last 9 meetings, only marginally better than we are against the Pats during that same stretch. The last time we took two from the Jets was 7 seasons ago.

Post #46

------

Comment

• chris66
                              • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Swiper View Post
                              How is Seantrel Henderson doing?

I think Whaley has to get a guard, safety, and a RB (and dump Spiller) next year. I know. Duh.
                              Henderson got raped by Ninkovich all game

Comment

Working...
                              X