X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ghz in pittsburgh
    • Aug 2004

Pats won today because of Brady, plain and simple

I'm not as angry as the Texans game which I really felt was a giveaway.

When you play New England, there is a good chance Brady can do this to you (2nd half), regardless how your defense is playing.

The Bills made the game easy for Pats with 3 1st half turnovers. Without them, it would be a very close game.

By the 2nd half, the Bills offense gradually figured out Pats D but unlike Detroit, NE has Brady who refused to get stopped.

Does not matter where the game is. If you know beforehand NE is getting +3 or +4 in turnovers, no one in the right mind would say the Bills have a chance.
  • Fixxxer
    • Jul 2002

Re: Pats won today because of Brady, plain and simple

we lost because we coughed up the ball three times. you can't do that and win this league.

Comment

• Crisis
      • Aug 2004

Combination of mainly Brady, Douche Williams, 100+ yards in penalties, and three turnovers. There's not just one reason we lost today
      Originally posted by LOSman WINS
      Vanek is Austrian not European
      Originally posted by Prov401
      Pacquiao isn't asian. He's from the philippines
      Originally posted by better days
      I will not be surprised if Tebow has more success than Peyton in the NFL.

Comment

• cookie G
        • Mar 2003

Brady will be Brady when he has 4 and 5 seconds to throw.

Comment

• coastal
          Legendary Zoner
          • Mar 2005

Fool's Gold could have helped this team make a statement today.

like the team... he failed to rise to the occasion.

not surprising really.

Comment

• ghz in pittsburgh
            • Aug 2004

Originally posted by cookie G View Post
            I'm going to agree with what the Dolphin player said, the Dolphins are built to beat the Pats, the Bills are built to beat the Dolphins. Brady does not like to move in the pocket that much so he had Dareus doubled blocked all game long. Kyle, sometimes too, though I did see the explosiveness from him today, maybe due to the knee injury. We don't have Wake kind freakish speed guy from the edges that can be on Brady in an instance - Hughes is close but not quite that good. Mario is a power guy which is great at setting edges and can push guys back to Brady's feet, but seems like Brady is ready for that more often than not.

Comment

• upstart
              Sir Osis of Liver
              • Sep 2006

The Pats are 23-2 vs the Bills since Brady has been a starter.

I'd say he has the Bills #. It happens
              The NFL forgot the main component of any business model, the customer.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              The ONLY reason to oppose Voter ID laws is to endorse Vote Fraud.

Comment

• Novacane
                • Jul 2002

Time will catch up to him eventually. Until it does we aren't beating the Patriots

Comment

• imbondz
                  Democrats are people too
                  • Jan 2003

Originally posted by Novacane View Post
                  Time will catch up to him eventually. Until it does we aren't beating the Patriots

Ben Rothlesberger was 18-1 against the Browns before todays game. So now he's 18-2 against them.
                  My faith doesn’t make me perfect, it makes me forgiven.

Comment

• BLeonard
                    BoB Sabermetrician
                    • Jan 2003

The Patriots scored 16 points off of three Bills Turnovers. The Bills lost by 15.

Not gonna win many games in the NFL when you are -3 in the turnover battle, especially not against teams that make you pay for the turnovers, like the Patriots do.

-Bill

Comment

• Fixxxer
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by BLeonard View Post
                      The Patriots scored 16 points off of three Bills Turnovers. The Bills lost by 15.

Not gonna win many games in the NFL when you are -3 in the turnover battle, especially not against teams that make you pay for the turnovers, like the Patriots do.

-Bill
                      Exactly, we can't expect to win many games if we give the ball away.

Comment

• Gibby
                        • Jun 2006

We lost because of bad decisions, turnovers, and attrocious officiating. Brady was there, and btw I loved seeing Gronk get hurt, even if it was only for one play and I thought it was awesome injuring their center and RB. I know, I'm being a dick about that but trust me all other teams I don't like injuries. For the Pats, I quite enjoy when those ****ers get crippled.

Comment

• Fletch
                          • May 2007

Originally posted by cookie G View Post
                          Yeah, what happened to our elite D and best DL in the league?

As to our TOs, I just looked after it hit me to look, Spiller has more total fumbles during his time in Buffalo than he does rushing TDs.
                          http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/sho...s-haters/page3

Post #46

Originally posted by Yasgur's Farm
                          (Moderator) My name's Max Yasgur, and I approve of this post.
                          Originally Posted by pmoon6
                          The idea that you "won't settle" presumes that you have some kind of control. Delusional thinking at best for a supposed fan of a spectators' sport. Your way to deal with it is to constantly ***** and denigrate any move, any result concerning the team even if it's positive because you don't want your whittle feewings hurt again. It's a protection mechanism.

You shroud your childish approach in a vale of pompous, intellectual garbage in an attempt to look smart and "real". You over-analyze even minute points and manipulate statistics to fit your negative view of the team. Again, to feel good about yourself and to protect from getting hurt.

Of course, the criticisms are obviously from someone who has no understanding of the team concept or what it takes to excel at athletics.

The true "realist" understands that they have no control of what happens on the field or behind the closed doors at One Bills' Drive, so they do the prudent thing for a spectator. They enjoy the games on Sunday with family and friends, cheer for their team and realize that it's just entertainment.
                          ------

"I was an integral part in the drafting process of EJ Manuel," Whaley said Thursday on NFL Network's Total Access. "I was the person that handled the draft process and setting up the board."

"We are committed. I want you to believe me when I say that," Whaley said of building around the second-year quarterback, per The Buffalo News. "I always tell you guys that I'll never say never because I don't want to paint myself in a corner, but when I do say something, I do it and I mean it and I try to fulfill it."

"We believe the addition of Sammy is going to be instant impact, not only to our quarterback, but to what our offensive coordinator can come up with game-plan wise and how defenses attack us," Whaley said.

Whaley on EJ Manuel: "We think we got a gem in this guy." (2:30)

"And as Mark says, if in three years maybe he's not [our quarterback of the future], then I'll be sitting there saying 'hey guys', .... anybody got a job for me?" - Doug Whaley

Comment

• Fletch
                            • May 2007

Originally posted by coastal View Post
                            Fool's Gold could have helped this team make a statement today.

like the team... he failed to rise to the occasion.

not surprising really.
                            How'd Dareus do today?

We've had to listen to a barrage of opinions about how elite Dareus is over the last week or so. No one on the DL looked much more than mediocre today.

And which NE offense showed up today? The ****ty one they've had for four games or the good one that showed up last week vs. Cincy?
                            http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/sho...s-haters/page3

Post #46

Originally posted by Yasgur's Farm
                            (Moderator) My name's Max Yasgur, and I approve of this post.
                            Originally Posted by pmoon6
                            The idea that you "won't settle" presumes that you have some kind of control. Delusional thinking at best for a supposed fan of a spectators' sport. Your way to deal with it is to constantly ***** and denigrate any move, any result concerning the team even if it's positive because you don't want your whittle feewings hurt again. It's a protection mechanism.

You shroud your childish approach in a vale of pompous, intellectual garbage in an attempt to look smart and "real". You over-analyze even minute points and manipulate statistics to fit your negative view of the team. Again, to feel good about yourself and to protect from getting hurt.

Of course, the criticisms are obviously from someone who has no understanding of the team concept or what it takes to excel at athletics.

The true "realist" understands that they have no control of what happens on the field or behind the closed doors at One Bills' Drive, so they do the prudent thing for a spectator. They enjoy the games on Sunday with family and friends, cheer for their team and realize that it's just entertainment.
                            ------

"I was an integral part in the drafting process of EJ Manuel," Whaley said Thursday on NFL Network's Total Access. "I was the person that handled the draft process and setting up the board."

"We are committed. I want you to believe me when I say that," Whaley said of building around the second-year quarterback, per The Buffalo News. "I always tell you guys that I'll never say never because I don't want to paint myself in a corner, but when I do say something, I do it and I mean it and I try to fulfill it."

"We believe the addition of Sammy is going to be instant impact, not only to our quarterback, but to what our offensive coordinator can come up with game-plan wise and how defenses attack us," Whaley said.

Whaley on EJ Manuel: "We think we got a gem in this guy." (2:30)

"And as Mark says, if in three years maybe he's not [our quarterback of the future], then I'll be sitting there saying 'hey guys', .... anybody got a job for me?" - Doug Whaley

Comment

• ghz in pittsburgh
                              • Aug 2004

I thought about the turnovers being a deciding fact, but man, watching all the post game conferences and interviews, I got the feeling that the team KNEW NOW that the division is NE's. Gotta be very deflating.

Where can the improvement of this team come from? Put it this way, 6 games in, over 1/3 season gone. What has improved so far? QB play has improved due to the switch from EJ to Orton. Run offense production has gone significantly down despite the QB change. I don't think the defense can improve much at all.

Comment

Working...
                              X