X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fletch
    • May 2007

OK, so what happened to Watkins today?

New England's passing D isn't so great that such a player with such special skills should have been outplayed by Hogan, Woods, and Chandler.

Couldn't be because Revis was on him most of the game, could it now.

I guess his skills really don't translate to this level like everyone thought, just one more game highlighting that. Once again, not sure he's even the best of this draft crop. He definitely wasn't worth the picks.

117 yards (Miami)
    19 yard games.

Two impressive games, one against Miami. Four nothing games so far.

This was the player that Whaley said would propel us to the playoffs and about the only significant change from last season's offense to this one.

He's heading for right about 800 yards, which given his draft status would be woefully inadequate.
    http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/sho...s-haters/page3

Post #46

Originally posted by Yasgur's Farm
    (Moderator) My name's Max Yasgur, and I approve of this post.
    Originally Posted by pmoon6
    The idea that you "won't settle" presumes that you have some kind of control. Delusional thinking at best for a supposed fan of a spectators' sport. Your way to deal with it is to constantly ***** and denigrate any move, any result concerning the team even if it's positive because you don't want your whittle feewings hurt again. It's a protection mechanism.

You shroud your childish approach in a vale of pompous, intellectual garbage in an attempt to look smart and "real". You over-analyze even minute points and manipulate statistics to fit your negative view of the team. Again, to feel good about yourself and to protect from getting hurt.

Of course, the criticisms are obviously from someone who has no understanding of the team concept or what it takes to excel at athletics.

The true "realist" understands that they have no control of what happens on the field or behind the closed doors at One Bills' Drive, so they do the prudent thing for a spectator. They enjoy the games on Sunday with family and friends, cheer for their team and realize that it's just entertainment.
    ------

"I was an integral part in the drafting process of EJ Manuel," Whaley said Thursday on NFL Network's Total Access. "I was the person that handled the draft process and setting up the board."

"We are committed. I want you to believe me when I say that," Whaley said of building around the second-year quarterback, per The Buffalo News. "I always tell you guys that I'll never say never because I don't want to paint myself in a corner, but when I do say something, I do it and I mean it and I try to fulfill it."

"We believe the addition of Sammy is going to be instant impact, not only to our quarterback, but to what our offensive coordinator can come up with game-plan wise and how defenses attack us," Whaley said.

Whaley on EJ Manuel: "We think we got a gem in this guy." (2:30)

"And as Mark says, if in three years maybe he's not [our quarterback of the future], then I'll be sitting there saying 'hey guys', .... anybody got a job for me?" - Doug Whaley

• billser
    • Oct 2007

Re: OK, so what happened to Watkins today?

You conveniently skipped a week bringing up Watkins. He was up against best corner in nfl. Same thing happened to AJ Green week before. Everyone knows that, it's quite simple actually.

Comment

• Goobylal
      • Jan 2004

Watkins was open many times. Orton either didn't look his way or threw a bad pass.

Comment

• Fletch
        • May 2007

Revis is the best corner in the NFL?

I don't think so, not anymore.

What about the other games that he got 30, 31, and 19 yards. What then?

Post #46

The idea that you "won't settle" presumes that you have some kind of control. Delusional thinking at best for a supposed fan of a spectators' sport. Your way to deal with it is to constantly ***** and denigrate any move, any result concerning the team even if it's positive because you don't want your whittle feewings hurt again. It's a protection mechanism.

You shroud your childish approach in a vale of pompous, intellectual garbage in an attempt to look smart and "real". You over-analyze even minute points and manipulate statistics to fit your negative view of the team. Again, to feel good about yourself and to protect from getting hurt.

Of course, the criticisms are obviously from someone who has no understanding of the team concept or what it takes to excel at athletics.

The true "realist" understands that they have no control of what happens on the field or behind the closed doors at One Bills' Drive, so they do the prudent thing for a spectator. They enjoy the games on Sunday with family and friends, cheer for their team and realize that it's just entertainment.
        ------

"I was an integral part in the drafting process of EJ Manuel," Whaley said Thursday on NFL Network's Total Access. "I was the person that handled the draft process and setting up the board."

"We are committed. I want you to believe me when I say that," Whaley said of building around the second-year quarterback, per The Buffalo News. "I always tell you guys that I'll never say never because I don't want to paint myself in a corner, but when I do say something, I do it and I mean it and I try to fulfill it."

"We believe the addition of Sammy is going to be instant impact, not only to our quarterback, but to what our offensive coordinator can come up with game-plan wise and how defenses attack us," Whaley said.

"And as Mark says, if in three years maybe he's not [our quarterback of the future], then I'll be sitting there saying 'hey guys', .... anybody got a job for me?" - Doug Whaley

Comment

• Fletch
          • May 2007

Originally posted by Goobylal View Post
          Watkins was open many times. Orton either didn't look his way or threw a bad pass.
          3 targets, 2 catches

Couldn't have been open all that much.

Post #46

------

Comment

• chris66
            • Sep 2006

He has been the best corner the past 2 weeks.

Comment

• Goobylal
              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Fletch View Post
              3 targets, 2 catches

Couldn't have been open all that much.
              LOL! Great argument.

Comment

• Lucidvizion
                Surfing on the Edge of Infinity
                • Feb 2005

Woefully inadequate? 800 yards is better than Calvin Johnson or Larry Fitzgerald in their rookie seasons. Would you say that their skills don't translate to this level?

Look, if you're trying to say it was bad to trade next years 1st pick you're probably preaching to the choir and we've all heard about it hundreds of times. But anyone that watches football knows that rookie WR's - even the best of the best - do not light it up in their rookie year.

Comment

• billser
                  • Oct 2007

Revis is the best corner in the NFL?

I don't think so, not anymore.

What about the other games that he got 30, 31, and 19 yards. What then?

Happens to the best of them, especially a rookie. If he has a 130 yard game next week, he'd be on pace to have a good rookie season. There shouldn't be a thread about this.

Comment

• Goobylal
                    • Jan 2004

Considering the QB'ing so far, he's doing about as well as can be expected.

Comment

• feldspar
                      • Mar 2007

OK, so what happened to Fletch last week?

What a complete douchebag.

What a win for our old pal Fletch this week. He's got some douchebag ammunition again, at least in his douche mind.
                      Last edited by feldspar; 10-12-2014, 09:32 PM.

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
                        Legendary Zoner
                        • May 2009

New England's passing D isn't so great that such a player with such special skills should have been outplayed by Hogan, Woods, and Chandler.

Couldn't be because Revis was on him most of the game, could it now.

I guess his skills really don't translate to this level like everyone thought, just one more game highlighting that. Once again, not sure he's even the best of this draft crop. He definitely wasn't worth the picks.

117 yards (Miami)
                        19 yard games.

Two impressive games, one against Miami. Four nothing games so far.

This was the player that Whaley said would propel us to the playoffs and about the only significant change from last season's offense to this one.

He's heading for right about 800 yards, which given his draft status would be woefully inadequate.
                        What happened when Terry Pegula bought the Buffalo Bills? Your dreams were crushed and now you're going to keep ****ting on anything to do with the Bills. Go for a swim in Niagara Falls.

Comment

• Fletch
                          • May 2007

Originally posted by Lucidvizion View Post
                          Woefully inadequate? 800 yards is better than Calvin Johnson or Larry Fitzgerald in their rookie seasons. Would you say that their skills don't translate to this level?

Look, if you're trying to say it was bad to trade next years 1st pick you're probably preaching to the choir and we've all heard about it hundreds of times. But anyone that watches football knows that rookie WR's - even the best of the best - do not light it up in their rookie year.
                          Watkins was supposed to be special. Sorry, not seeing it. He's good, but Whaley made a huge error in judgement. HUGE!

Post #46

------

Comment

• kingJofNYC
                            • Sep 2009

You make huge errors in judgement every time you post.

Comment

• Crisis
                              • Aug 2004

Revis completely shut down AJ Green last week, too. The guy still has it. Sammy has been fine.
                              Originally posted by LOSman WINS
                              Vanek is Austrian not European
                              Originally posted by Prov401
                              Pacquiao isn't asian. He's from the philippines
                              Originally posted by better days
                              I will not be surprised if Tebow has more success than Peyton in the NFL.

Comment

Working...
                              X