X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • IlluminatusUIUC
    • Sep 2012

Mike Williams asks for trade out of Buffalo

Well that was fun, but it looks like some are already heading for the lifeboats.

Billszone 2013 Prediction Contest winner!
  • RedEyE
    • Jul 2002

Re: Mike Williams asks for trade out of Buffalo

I can't blame him. He isn't utilized properly in this offense and obviously was replaced in the passing game with Hogan this week.

Comment

• Meathead
      Insufferable prick and perpetual crybaby
      • Jul 2002

wonder why hes had such difficulty getting production here
      One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• OpIv37
        Acid Douching Asswipe
        • Sep 2002

The issues with him have always been more attitude than skill. I don't blame him for wanting out of this QB cluster****, but wanting to leave his hometown team after 6 games isn't exaclfy going to win anyone over on those character concerns. I'd be surprised if they find much of a market for him. It would basically have to be a team with WR injuries that isn't right up against the cap.
        MiKiDo Facebook
        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• HHURRICANE
          • Mar 2005

This one is embarrassing. Maybe someone needs to start looking at the real problem...the offensive coordinator.

"Spiller up the middle" game manager. Can we package Spiller as well? That Lynch guy has been awful in Seattle.

Comment

• Ed
            • Sep 2002

Lame. How do you not find a way to use Mike Williams?

I thought one of the reasons for trading Stevie Johnson was the addition of Williams. It's a good thing they're paying $10 mil this season to not have Stevie on the team. I'm sure Orton would have had no use for him. I mean who needs WR's like Mike Williams and Stevie J when you have the great 7-11 on the team!

Comment

• EDS
              • Jan 2003

What round pick did the Bills give up to get this guy?

Comment

• feldspar
                • Mar 2007

Mike Williams given blessing from Bills to seek trade

Wide receiver Mike Williams was a surprise healthy scratch in Buffalo yesterday. It sounds like he would prefer to be playing elsewhere.

NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport reported Monday that Williams' agent Hadley Engelhard was given permission to "gauge interest" from other teams to seek a trade, according to a source involved in the situation. Williams was not on the injury report last week, so the Bills essentially chose to keep him on the bench in favor of Chris Hogan and Marquise Goodwin. Bills general manager Doug Whaley said Monday the team is "not actively shopping" Williams, but confirmed that a trade was requested.

The official source for NFL news, video highlights, fantasy football, game-day coverage, schedules, stats, scores and more.

Pretty surprising turn of events with Mike Williams this week. The guy is from Buffalo, which makes it all the more crazy. Wonder what is going on here. I'm sure we haven't been told.

Comment

• Typ0
                  honey pie
                  • Jul 2002

No excuse for not having him in the game yesterday. I don't blame him one bit. They don't appreciate what he can contribute. With a guy that can throw to him he should be out there blowing DBs away with Watkins on the field. Sad..

Comment

• feldspar
                    • Mar 2007

Re: Mike Williams given blessing from Bills to seek trade

Sorry, I did not see the other thread, even though I looked for it.

Comment

• The Doc
                      • Oct 2014

WTF?!

Really? I like Woods a lot. But I like Watkins, Woods, and Williams even better.

Comment

• Homegrown
                        Havin' a ball ... rollin' to the bottom
                        • Jul 2008

Bills need a Guard... Trade him to Tampa for Logan Mankins. ..

Comment

• yordad
                          • Dec 2007

It is easy... Goodwin stretches the field. Hogan contributes on special teams. During weeks were we need an extra big guy (tight end in this case) Williams is the odd man out. He is still ahead of Hogan on the depth chart at WR, but gets scratched in favor of special teams contributions.
                          "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• Fletch
                            • May 2007

LOL

Things falling apart already this season with one key loss.

This can only happen in Buffalo. So much for the smooth intro into the Pegula era.
                            http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/sho...s-haters/page3

Post #46

Originally posted by Yasgur's Farm
                            (Moderator) My name's Max Yasgur, and I approve of this post.
                            Originally Posted by pmoon6
                            The idea that you "won't settle" presumes that you have some kind of control. Delusional thinking at best for a supposed fan of a spectators' sport. Your way to deal with it is to constantly ***** and denigrate any move, any result concerning the team even if it's positive because you don't want your whittle feewings hurt again. It's a protection mechanism.

You shroud your childish approach in a vale of pompous, intellectual garbage in an attempt to look smart and "real". You over-analyze even minute points and manipulate statistics to fit your negative view of the team. Again, to feel good about yourself and to protect from getting hurt.

Of course, the criticisms are obviously from someone who has no understanding of the team concept or what it takes to excel at athletics.

The true "realist" understands that they have no control of what happens on the field or behind the closed doors at One Bills' Drive, so they do the prudent thing for a spectator. They enjoy the games on Sunday with family and friends, cheer for their team and realize that it's just entertainment.
                            ------

"I was an integral part in the drafting process of EJ Manuel," Whaley said Thursday on NFL Network's Total Access. "I was the person that handled the draft process and setting up the board."

"We are committed. I want you to believe me when I say that," Whaley said of building around the second-year quarterback, per The Buffalo News. "I always tell you guys that I'll never say never because I don't want to paint myself in a corner, but when I do say something, I do it and I mean it and I try to fulfill it."

"We believe the addition of Sammy is going to be instant impact, not only to our quarterback, but to what our offensive coordinator can come up with game-plan wise and how defenses attack us," Whaley said.

Whaley on EJ Manuel: "We think we got a gem in this guy." (2:30)

"And as Mark says, if in three years maybe he's not [our quarterback of the future], then I'll be sitting there saying 'hey guys', .... anybody got a job for me?" - Doug Whaley

Comment

• Fletch
                              • May 2007

Originally posted by HHURRICANE View Post
                              This one is embarrassing. Maybe someone needs to start looking at the real problem...the offensive coordinator.

"Spiller up the middle" game manager. Can we package Spiller as well? That Lynch guy has been awful in Seattle.
                              And the head coach and GM as well.

We'll miss Williams' red zone contributions. He's been such a huge factor this season there.
                              http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/sho...s-haters/page3

Post #46

Originally posted by Yasgur's Farm
                              (Moderator) My name's Max Yasgur, and I approve of this post.
                              Originally Posted by pmoon6
                              The idea that you "won't settle" presumes that you have some kind of control. Delusional thinking at best for a supposed fan of a spectators' sport. Your way to deal with it is to constantly ***** and denigrate any move, any result concerning the team even if it's positive because you don't want your whittle feewings hurt again. It's a protection mechanism.

You shroud your childish approach in a vale of pompous, intellectual garbage in an attempt to look smart and "real". You over-analyze even minute points and manipulate statistics to fit your negative view of the team. Again, to feel good about yourself and to protect from getting hurt.

Of course, the criticisms are obviously from someone who has no understanding of the team concept or what it takes to excel at athletics.

The true "realist" understands that they have no control of what happens on the field or behind the closed doors at One Bills' Drive, so they do the prudent thing for a spectator. They enjoy the games on Sunday with family and friends, cheer for their team and realize that it's just entertainment.
                              ------

"I was an integral part in the drafting process of EJ Manuel," Whaley said Thursday on NFL Network's Total Access. "I was the person that handled the draft process and setting up the board."

"We are committed. I want you to believe me when I say that," Whaley said of building around the second-year quarterback, per The Buffalo News. "I always tell you guys that I'll never say never because I don't want to paint myself in a corner, but when I do say something, I do it and I mean it and I try to fulfill it."

"We believe the addition of Sammy is going to be instant impact, not only to our quarterback, but to what our offensive coordinator can come up with game-plan wise and how defenses attack us," Whaley said.

Whaley on EJ Manuel: "We think we got a gem in this guy." (2:30)

"And as Mark says, if in three years maybe he's not [our quarterback of the future], then I'll be sitting there saying 'hey guys', .... anybody got a job for me?" - Doug Whaley

Comment

Working...
                              X