Pats Lose Two For Season ( Mayo and Ridley)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Woodman
    Legendary Zoner
    • Apr 2014

Pats Lose Two For Season ( Mayo and Ridley)

An MRI confirmed ACL and MCL tears for running back Stevan Ridley. Now, the New England Patriots are faced with having to replace their leading rusher. Has Ridley carried his last ball for Belichick?

Ian Rapoport reports Patriots linebacker Jerod Mayo is out for the season after injuring his knee Sunday against the Buffalo Bills. Who in New England will replace the Pats' defensive linchpin?

This division is a case of survival of the fittest.

“It breaks your heart when someone leaves and you don’t know why.”

"It may be raining but there's a rainbow above you"

Former President Donald Trump early Thursday touted the results of a new NPR/PBSNewsHour/Marist poll showing him ahead of President Joe Biden by 8 percentage points among independents.
  • justasportsfan
    • Jul 2002

Re: Pats Lose Two For Season ( Mayo and Ridley)

they are a perfect example of "next man up" .

As long as Brady is in there, they'll be fine.
    sacrifice1
    https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• GreedoII
      • Aug 2007

Mayo was out for the year lasy year too and they made the AFC Championship Game....RB? Who cares they can plug in my grandmother and they be fine. It's Coaching and the QB. Get a clue and know your history bub.

Comment

• Woodman
        Legendary Zoner
        • Apr 2014

In some cases I would agree like against us for example ... up against a well coached and a properly offensively coordinated offense I would disagree.

There's a long long long way to go in this division.

side note Dolphins also lose top RB :: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...lphins-ir-list
        Last edited by Woodman; 10-14-2014, 08:47 AM.

“It breaks your heart when someone leaves and you don’t know why.”

"It may be raining but there's a rainbow above you"

Former President Donald Trump early Thursday touted the results of a new NPR/PBSNewsHour/Marist poll showing him ahead of President Joe Biden by 8 percentage points among independents.

Comment

• better days
          • Jan 2010

The Pats* play the Jets on Thursday night.

If the Jets don't turn the ball over, I think they could win that game.

Comment

• Fletch
            • May 2007

Originally posted by Woodman View Post
            http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...atriots-season

Ian Rapoport reports Patriots linebacker Jerod Mayo is out for the season after injuring his knee Sunday against the Buffalo Bills. Who in New England will replace the Pats' defensive linchpin?

This division is a case of survival of the fittest.
            We're the fittest right now if injuries are the standard.

Besides Alonso being on IR who do we have injured and out for any length of time that's relevant?
            Last edited by Fletch; 10-14-2014, 09:07 AM.
            http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/sho...s-haters/page3

Post #46

Originally posted by Yasgur's Farm
            (Moderator) My name's Max Yasgur, and I approve of this post.
            Originally Posted by pmoon6
            The idea that you "won't settle" presumes that you have some kind of control. Delusional thinking at best for a supposed fan of a spectators' sport. Your way to deal with it is to constantly ***** and denigrate any move, any result concerning the team even if it's positive because you don't want your whittle feewings hurt again. It's a protection mechanism.

You shroud your childish approach in a vale of pompous, intellectual garbage in an attempt to look smart and "real". You over-analyze even minute points and manipulate statistics to fit your negative view of the team. Again, to feel good about yourself and to protect from getting hurt.

Of course, the criticisms are obviously from someone who has no understanding of the team concept or what it takes to excel at athletics.

The true "realist" understands that they have no control of what happens on the field or behind the closed doors at One Bills' Drive, so they do the prudent thing for a spectator. They enjoy the games on Sunday with family and friends, cheer for their team and realize that it's just entertainment.
            ------

"I was an integral part in the drafting process of EJ Manuel," Whaley said Thursday on NFL Network's Total Access. "I was the person that handled the draft process and setting up the board."

"We are committed. I want you to believe me when I say that," Whaley said of building around the second-year quarterback, per The Buffalo News. "I always tell you guys that I'll never say never because I don't want to paint myself in a corner, but when I do say something, I do it and I mean it and I try to fulfill it."

"We believe the addition of Sammy is going to be instant impact, not only to our quarterback, but to what our offensive coordinator can come up with game-plan wise and how defenses attack us," Whaley said.

Whaley on EJ Manuel: "We think we got a gem in this guy." (2:30)

"And as Mark says, if in three years maybe he's not [our quarterback of the future], then I'll be sitting there saying 'hey guys', .... anybody got a job for me?" - Doug Whaley

Comment

• casdhf
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by better days View Post

I hate rooting for the Jets
              Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
              cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• Fletch
                • May 2007

Originally posted by casdhf View Post
                I hate rooting for the Jets
                It's better than rooting for the Pats.

Have you ever done that?

The only way that I could see rooting for them is if they had to beat a team for us to make the playoffs in week 17 only. Even then it would be an emotional conflict.

I hope that Belicheat never makes the playoffs again. Won't happen, but like everyone here I can dream.
                http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/sho...s-haters/page3

Post #46

Originally posted by Yasgur's Farm
                (Moderator) My name's Max Yasgur, and I approve of this post.
                Originally Posted by pmoon6
                The idea that you "won't settle" presumes that you have some kind of control. Delusional thinking at best for a supposed fan of a spectators' sport. Your way to deal with it is to constantly ***** and denigrate any move, any result concerning the team even if it's positive because you don't want your whittle feewings hurt again. It's a protection mechanism.

You shroud your childish approach in a vale of pompous, intellectual garbage in an attempt to look smart and "real". You over-analyze even minute points and manipulate statistics to fit your negative view of the team. Again, to feel good about yourself and to protect from getting hurt.

Of course, the criticisms are obviously from someone who has no understanding of the team concept or what it takes to excel at athletics.

The true "realist" understands that they have no control of what happens on the field or behind the closed doors at One Bills' Drive, so they do the prudent thing for a spectator. They enjoy the games on Sunday with family and friends, cheer for their team and realize that it's just entertainment.
                ------

"I was an integral part in the drafting process of EJ Manuel," Whaley said Thursday on NFL Network's Total Access. "I was the person that handled the draft process and setting up the board."

"We are committed. I want you to believe me when I say that," Whaley said of building around the second-year quarterback, per The Buffalo News. "I always tell you guys that I'll never say never because I don't want to paint myself in a corner, but when I do say something, I do it and I mean it and I try to fulfill it."

"We believe the addition of Sammy is going to be instant impact, not only to our quarterback, but to what our offensive coordinator can come up with game-plan wise and how defenses attack us," Whaley said.

Whaley on EJ Manuel: "We think we got a gem in this guy." (2:30)

"And as Mark says, if in three years maybe he's not [our quarterback of the future], then I'll be sitting there saying 'hey guys', .... anybody got a job for me?" - Doug Whaley

Comment

• jamze132
                  • Jun 2003

Don't we play the Jets in two weeks in NJ? I'm not sure I want them on a roll when we play them.

Comment

• imbondz
                    Democrats are people too
                    • Jan 2003

Bellicheat w/ Brady created a system that wins, not individual players that win. these two losses won't be felt at all
                    My faith doesn’t make me perfect, it makes me forgiven.

Comment

• OpIv37
                      Acid Douching Asswipe
                      • Sep 2002

The Jets are a joke this year. They don't stand a chance.

Also if they win and we lose this weekend, then a win against us will give them the same record as us. That's a scary thought
                      MiKiDo Facebook
                      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• trapezeus
                        Legendary Zoner
                        • Oct 2004

jets usually play the pats tough. also, jets fans are all saying, "now we start winning to ruin our draft position". i kind of agree with that. i think it'll be entertaining.

as for the pats injuries, couldn't have happened to a better team.

Comment

• better days
                          • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Fletch View Post
                          It's better than rooting for the Pats.

Have you ever done that?

The only way that I could see rooting for them is if they had to beat a team for us to make the playoffs in week 17 only. Even then it would be an emotional conflict.

I hope that Belicheat never makes the playoffs again. Won't happen, but like everyone here I can dream.
                          I expect the Pats* to make the playoffs but I also expect them to get knocked out EARLY when they face a GOOD team.

Comment

• IlluminatusUIUC
                            • Sep 2012

Geno Smith on the road, against the Pats, on a short week?

Are you kidding, the Jets will be lucky if they lose by less than 20 points.

Billszone 2013 Prediction Contest winner!

Comment

• better days
                              • Jan 2010

Originally posted by IlluminatusUIUC View Post
                              Geno Smith on the road, against the Pats, on a short week?

Are you kidding, the Jets will be lucky if they lose by less than 20 points.
                              As someone else said, Rex & the Jets have played the Pats* tough, even in Foxboro.

Geno has had some games he has played well, he just can't turn the ball over like the Bills did.

If Geno does turn the ball over, I agree it will be a blow out.

Comment

Working...
                              X