X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • feldspar
    • Mar 2007

Van Miller to be inducted to the Wall of Fame this Sunday

There will be a half-time ceremony this week vs. the Vikings to put Van Miller up on the Wall of Fame.

I love that guy.
  • Fletch
    • May 2007

Re: Van Miller to be inducted to the Wall of Fame this Sunday

What took so long?
    http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/sho...s-haters/page3

Post #46

Originally posted by Yasgur's Farm
    (Moderator) My name's Max Yasgur, and I approve of this post.
    Originally Posted by pmoon6
    The idea that you "won't settle" presumes that you have some kind of control. Delusional thinking at best for a supposed fan of a spectators' sport. Your way to deal with it is to constantly ***** and denigrate any move, any result concerning the team even if it's positive because you don't want your whittle feewings hurt again. It's a protection mechanism.

You shroud your childish approach in a vale of pompous, intellectual garbage in an attempt to look smart and "real". You over-analyze even minute points and manipulate statistics to fit your negative view of the team. Again, to feel good about yourself and to protect from getting hurt.

Of course, the criticisms are obviously from someone who has no understanding of the team concept or what it takes to excel at athletics.

The true "realist" understands that they have no control of what happens on the field or behind the closed doors at One Bills' Drive, so they do the prudent thing for a spectator. They enjoy the games on Sunday with family and friends, cheer for their team and realize that it's just entertainment.
    ------

"I was an integral part in the drafting process of EJ Manuel," Whaley said Thursday on NFL Network's Total Access. "I was the person that handled the draft process and setting up the board."

"We are committed. I want you to believe me when I say that," Whaley said of building around the second-year quarterback, per The Buffalo News. "I always tell you guys that I'll never say never because I don't want to paint myself in a corner, but when I do say something, I do it and I mean it and I try to fulfill it."

"We believe the addition of Sammy is going to be instant impact, not only to our quarterback, but to what our offensive coordinator can come up with game-plan wise and how defenses attack us," Whaley said.

Whaley on EJ Manuel: "We think we got a gem in this guy." (2:30)

"And as Mark says, if in three years maybe he's not [our quarterback of the future], then I'll be sitting there saying 'hey guys', .... anybody got a job for me?" - Doug Whaley

Comment

• feldspar
      • Mar 2007

Some big event happening every week at the Ralph so far this year on game-day.

Comment

• Fletch
        • May 2007

They're going to need something soon to get fans to go to games.
        http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/sho...s-haters/page3

Post #46

Originally posted by Yasgur's Farm
        (Moderator) My name's Max Yasgur, and I approve of this post.
        Originally Posted by pmoon6
        The idea that you "won't settle" presumes that you have some kind of control. Delusional thinking at best for a supposed fan of a spectators' sport. Your way to deal with it is to constantly ***** and denigrate any move, any result concerning the team even if it's positive because you don't want your whittle feewings hurt again. It's a protection mechanism.

You shroud your childish approach in a vale of pompous, intellectual garbage in an attempt to look smart and "real". You over-analyze even minute points and manipulate statistics to fit your negative view of the team. Again, to feel good about yourself and to protect from getting hurt.

Of course, the criticisms are obviously from someone who has no understanding of the team concept or what it takes to excel at athletics.

The true "realist" understands that they have no control of what happens on the field or behind the closed doors at One Bills' Drive, so they do the prudent thing for a spectator. They enjoy the games on Sunday with family and friends, cheer for their team and realize that it's just entertainment.
        ------

"I was an integral part in the drafting process of EJ Manuel," Whaley said Thursday on NFL Network's Total Access. "I was the person that handled the draft process and setting up the board."

"We are committed. I want you to believe me when I say that," Whaley said of building around the second-year quarterback, per The Buffalo News. "I always tell you guys that I'll never say never because I don't want to paint myself in a corner, but when I do say something, I do it and I mean it and I try to fulfill it."

"We believe the addition of Sammy is going to be instant impact, not only to our quarterback, but to what our offensive coordinator can come up with game-plan wise and how defenses attack us," Whaley said.

Whaley on EJ Manuel: "We think we got a gem in this guy." (2:30)

"And as Mark says, if in three years maybe he's not [our quarterback of the future], then I'll be sitting there saying 'hey guys', .... anybody got a job for me?" - Doug Whaley

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
          Zero for Zero!
          • Mar 2003

Green Bay is pretty much sold out too. So is KC.

Only the Jets and Cleveland have any real tickets left.
          Originally posted by mysticsoto
          Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• Novacane
            • Jul 2002

It's about time

Comment

• pmoon6
              Legendary Zoner
              • Dec 2002

I loved Van Miller, but how does the all time Bills interception leader and All Time All AFL team member still not have his name up there?

George "Butch" Byrd.

Comment

• Swiper
                • Sep 2010

Originally posted by feldspar View Post
                There will be a half-time ceremony this week vs. the Vikings to put Van Miller up on the Wall of Fame.

I love that guy.
                He'll forget to show up.

Comment

• Mace
                  Haha...yeah you think so ?
                  • Mar 2013

Originally posted by Very wide right View Post
                  Very,very nice man.Very confused in the broadcast booth.
                  Heh, I remember this too, but he was calming to listen to. Pergament from the News used to savage the team of Van, Stan and Fan. Always agreed, but it was fun to listen to them anyway.

Comment

• feldspar
                    • Mar 2007

Don't diss my boy, *****es.

Comment

• Scumbag College
                      • Oct 2002

The longer the game went, the drunker Van got.
                      Remember Kevin Everett in your thoughts.

Vote Nader in 2008!

http://www.votenader.org/

Comment

• pmoon6
                        Legendary Zoner
                        • Dec 2002

Originally posted by Scumbag College View Post
                        The longer the game went, the drunker Van got.
                        Why should he be different from 90% of the fans? He was trying to make you feel like you were actually at the game.

I always thought of Van as the Voice of the Buffalo Bills, so it's ironic that arguably the most historic moment in Bills' History was announced by Rick Azar.

O.J. cracking two thousand yards.

Comment

Working...
                        X