Hackett finally getting the respect he deserves.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HHURRICANE
    • Mar 2005

Hackett finally getting the respect he deserves.....

This week finally opened the flood gates on articles pointing the finger at the biggest issue on this team...offensive coordinator.

Even Marrone started to roll Hackett this week.

You have talent at RB and WR positions and now you have a guy with 7 million in guaranteed money asking to be traded who might not even play again this weekend.

No way Hackett makes it past this season.
  • Buffalogic
    Rumblin' Stumblin' Bumblin'
    • Feb 2006

Re: Hackett finally getting the respect he deserves.....

He's an amateur. Dude sucks.

Comment

• yordad
      • Dec 2007

What did Marrone say?
      "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• trapezeus
        Legendary Zoner
        • Oct 2004

it's good to be from a strong football family. usually get a longer leash and multiple tries to get it right.

Comment

• YardRat
          Well, lookie here...
          • Dec 2004

Gil has made several good points about the running game over the last couple of weeks. Hackett seems to be hot and cold on play design for the passing game (some are great, some are 'meh') but it really appears he struggles with the run.
          YardRat Wall of Fame
          #56 DARRYL TALLEY
          #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• tonyc37
            • Jan 2006

Originally posted by YardRat View Post
            Gil has made several good points about the running game over the last couple of weeks. Hackett seems to be hot and cold on play design for the passing game (some are great, some are 'meh') but it really appears he struggles with the run.

Remember when they designed this offense this year it was to help out EJ because of his limitations.And they compounded it by signing Orton so late in the preseason.I believe Marrone wanted to run an up tempo offense but found out that EJ wasn't ready for it.I hope that as Orton gets more comfortable and with the bye coming that you will see some changes following the bye.Thats my hope anyways.So we will see what happens.If they don't fix the O-Line it won't matter much anyhow.

Comment

• Crisis
              • Aug 2004

Does Colorado State have a HC opening? Maybe they can rescue us from a ****ty OC again.
              Originally posted by LOSman WINS
              Vanek is Austrian not European
              Originally posted by Prov401
              Pacquiao isn't asian. He's from the philippines
              Originally posted by better days
              I will not be surprised if Tebow has more success than Peyton in the NFL.

Comment

• Fletch
                • May 2007

Originally posted by tonyc37 View Post
                Remember when they designed this offense this year it was to help out EJ because of his limitations.And they compounded it by signing Orton so late in the preseason.I believe Marrone wanted to run an up tempo offense but found out that EJ wasn't ready for it.I hope that as Orton gets more comfortable and with the bye coming that you will see some changes following the bye.Thats my hope anyways.So we will see what happens.If they don't fix the O-Line it won't matter much anyhow.
                I think that this team is overly fixated on passing the ball. They haven't run nearly enough with Orton under center. It's like they're trying to prove something now that Orton is starting instead of playing to our strengths.
                http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/sho...s-haters/page3

Post #46

Originally posted by Yasgur's Farm
                (Moderator) My name's Max Yasgur, and I approve of this post.
                Originally Posted by pmoon6
                The idea that you "won't settle" presumes that you have some kind of control. Delusional thinking at best for a supposed fan of a spectators' sport. Your way to deal with it is to constantly ***** and denigrate any move, any result concerning the team even if it's positive because you don't want your whittle feewings hurt again. It's a protection mechanism.

You shroud your childish approach in a vale of pompous, intellectual garbage in an attempt to look smart and "real". You over-analyze even minute points and manipulate statistics to fit your negative view of the team. Again, to feel good about yourself and to protect from getting hurt.

Of course, the criticisms are obviously from someone who has no understanding of the team concept or what it takes to excel at athletics.

The true "realist" understands that they have no control of what happens on the field or behind the closed doors at One Bills' Drive, so they do the prudent thing for a spectator. They enjoy the games on Sunday with family and friends, cheer for their team and realize that it's just entertainment.
                ------

"I was an integral part in the drafting process of EJ Manuel," Whaley said Thursday on NFL Network's Total Access. "I was the person that handled the draft process and setting up the board."

"We are committed. I want you to believe me when I say that," Whaley said of building around the second-year quarterback, per The Buffalo News. "I always tell you guys that I'll never say never because I don't want to paint myself in a corner, but when I do say something, I do it and I mean it and I try to fulfill it."

"We believe the addition of Sammy is going to be instant impact, not only to our quarterback, but to what our offensive coordinator can come up with game-plan wise and how defenses attack us," Whaley said.

Whaley on EJ Manuel: "We think we got a gem in this guy." (2:30)

"And as Mark says, if in three years maybe he's not [our quarterback of the future], then I'll be sitting there saying 'hey guys', .... anybody got a job for me?" - Doug Whaley

Comment

• RedEyE
                  • Jul 2002

Are we certain he's the son of Paul Hackett? I'm thinking he better represents the loins of Buddy Hackett.

Honestly the guy didn't even have enough experience that justified moving from Syracuse into the big league. He ****ed up a decent offense of talent to include the franchise QB he took under his wing last season.

Comment

• better days
                    • Jan 2010

Well, I think the failure of Hackett can be placed on Marrone.

Marrone did a great job hiring DC's but Hackett sucks.

Many more qualified, better OC's were available for Marrone to hire.

Comment

• RedEyE
                      • Jul 2002

I really liked Chan's offense. Obviously he would have been a better OC than an HC. My only concern with Chan is the selections he would make for supporting staff. History shows his judgement is way off when it counts.

Comment

• Gibby
                        • Jun 2006

Meh, he's part of a trifecta of problems and maybe a fearsome foursome depending on what we do Sunday.

Those problems are:

1) Two good backup QBs (EJ and Kyle) but no legitimate starter who can manage a game successfully so as not to lose or miracle his ass out a big deficit to enable his team to win.
                        2) Can't Hackett, he just can't and does not properly utilize his team
                        3) A porous OL

and a possible fourth: big names on D who give up if the going gets too tough. No wait, that is a real fourth so

edit:

4) big names on D who give up if the going gets too tough.

5) A mentality that still seeks way to quickly to give up the ghost.

Comment

• Mace
                          Haha...yeah you think so ?
                          • Mar 2013

Originally posted by yordad View Post
                          What did Marrone say?
                          Well.....

So was the team's usage of its two most explosive offensive weapons in running back C.J. Spiller and receiver Sammy Watkins. Twice during Monday's news conference, Marrone made reference to the coaching staff needing to do a better job with those two players.
                          Hey, it starts with us. I wouldn't sit here and say it's all on him. We've got to do a better job, too, as coaches of finding a way to get him the ball in space."
                          Best if you read the whole article : http://bills.buffalonews.com/2014/10...hing-blunders/

I think Marrone lives and dies with Hackett no matter what. He's ceded control of his defense to Schwartz, is not a hands on game management overlord, and can't give his offense away or he'll be doing nothing but twirling in his chair every day until he looks aggravated on game days.

Comment

• Jaybird
                            • Dec 2005

all our run plays look the same... i don't have a problem with the system, but the calling has been crap. very predictable calls. At this point in the season and watching as fan, i can generally call run or pass and be way too accurate.

Comment

• jamze132
                              Don’t hate…
                              • Jun 2003

He's way too predictable and way to inexperienced to be at this level.

Comment

Working...
                              X