• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bone
    Bone
    • Oct 2006

Bryce Brown

Can we give this guy a shot?! He deserves it.
    BILLIEVE
  • EDS
    • Jan 2003

Re: Bryce Brown

Seems to me he has a great job already. Paid to do mostly nothing.

Comment

• k-oneputt
      • Jun 2009

Another guy who should be getting some carries.

Comment

• trapezeus
        Legendary Zoner
        • Oct 2004

on GR a guy called in the other day to complain about trades and personell moves and he said the rumors from philly fans was that brown wasn't big on studying your playbook and knowing theplays. Which explains why he isn't getting into games at this point.

if it's true, another big knock on whaley for not doing his due diligence.

Comment

• Night Train
          Retired - On Several Levels
          • Jul 2005

He'll play once Spiller is moved.
          Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Mace
            Haha...yeah you think so ?
            • Mar 2013

Originally posted by trapezeus View Post
            on GR a guy called in the other day to complain about trades and personell moves and he said the rumors from philly fans was that brown wasn't big on studying your playbook and knowing theplays. Which explains why he isn't getting into games at this point.

if it's true, another big knock on whaley for not doing his due diligence.
            If it's not true, another knock on Whaley for spending draft picks (Brown is conditional) on players we don't use. Fine if the move Spiller, sure, but if they don't, it's a wasted pick, and a wasted roster spot.

Next year ? He's a year older and rb's are not super hard to find.

Can't understand why they bothered. Dixon is no slouch either. Supposedly they were interested in Carlos Hyde at the draft too. It's bizarre.

Comment

• black N yellow
              • Dec 2012

if it's because of something Marrone thinks, I don't have a lot of faith in the possible reasoning.

Comment

• YardRat
                Well, lookie here...
                • Dec 2004

Considering the injury history of CJ and FJ, and FJ's age, I think it was a great move to bring in insurance. I don't know about the rest of you, but when Freddie went down my first thought was 'I hope he's OK' and my second one 'If he's not, thank goodness we have Brown in the wings'.

I agree with the op, though...it's time to sit Spiller and get Brown some playing time IMO.
                YardRat Wall of Fame
                #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• The Jokeman
                  • Dec 2003

Originally posted by YardRat View Post
                  Considering the injury history of CJ and FJ, and FJ's age, I think it was a great move to bring in insurance. I don't know about the rest of you, but when Freddie went down my first thought was 'I hope he's OK' and my second one 'If he's not, thank goodness we have Brown in the wings'.

I agree with the op, though...it's time to sit Spiller and get Brown some playing time IMO.
                  The fallout on that is if you want to re-sign Spiller long term that if he see's the bench it might question him wanting to re-sign here. Yet personally I think we're keeping Brown on the bench just so we don't have to give up a higher pick to the Eagles.

Comment

• Fletch
                    • May 2007

I know everyone thinks the world of Brown, but everyone needs to read this. Seems like the only people thinking that Brown is much of anything are some posters here.

Some excerpts.

At this point, it doesn't seem likely Brown would become the Bills franchise running back of the future, but perhaps Buffalo likes his youth and his potential.
                    Brown does not have a new deal with the Bills but will be interesting if they want to adjust or extend it over time
                    — Jason La Canfora (@JasonLaCanfora) May 10, 2014
                    The Bills have already been in trade mode the past three days, giving up their 2015 first-round draft pick in order to move up to No. 4 overall and take receiver Sammy Watkins. It left at least one commentator flummoxed.
                    So confused by the Bills this weekend.
                    — Eric Edholm (@Eric_Edholm) May 10, 2014
                    Another perspective from an Eagles beat writer.
                    That was one heck of an unbelievable trade Howie Roseman pulled off for a guy who had no role here.

— Reuben Frank (@RoobCSN) May 10, 2014
                    Once again what we have here is fantasy mode. Our "elite RBs" aren't looking so hot because Jackson's finally hit the wall and the reality on the rest is that they're not starting material.

Dixon and Brown are two totally different types of RBs by the way. None are good on 3rd downs including Spiller.
                    http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/sho...s-haters/page3

Post #46

Originally posted by Yasgur's Farm
                    (Moderator) My name's Max Yasgur, and I approve of this post.
                    Originally Posted by pmoon6
                    The idea that you "won't settle" presumes that you have some kind of control. Delusional thinking at best for a supposed fan of a spectators' sport. Your way to deal with it is to constantly ***** and denigrate any move, any result concerning the team even if it's positive because you don't want your whittle feewings hurt again. It's a protection mechanism.

You shroud your childish approach in a vale of pompous, intellectual garbage in an attempt to look smart and "real". You over-analyze even minute points and manipulate statistics to fit your negative view of the team. Again, to feel good about yourself and to protect from getting hurt.

Of course, the criticisms are obviously from someone who has no understanding of the team concept or what it takes to excel at athletics.

The true "realist" understands that they have no control of what happens on the field or behind the closed doors at One Bills' Drive, so they do the prudent thing for a spectator. They enjoy the games on Sunday with family and friends, cheer for their team and realize that it's just entertainment.
                    ------

"I was an integral part in the drafting process of EJ Manuel," Whaley said Thursday on NFL Network's Total Access. "I was the person that handled the draft process and setting up the board."

"We are committed. I want you to believe me when I say that," Whaley said of building around the second-year quarterback, per The Buffalo News. "I always tell you guys that I'll never say never because I don't want to paint myself in a corner, but when I do say something, I do it and I mean it and I try to fulfill it."

"We believe the addition of Sammy is going to be instant impact, not only to our quarterback, but to what our offensive coordinator can come up with game-plan wise and how defenses attack us," Whaley said.

Whaley on EJ Manuel: "We think we got a gem in this guy." (2:30)

"And as Mark says, if in three years maybe he's not [our quarterback of the future], then I'll be sitting there saying 'hey guys', .... anybody got a job for me?" - Doug Whaley

Comment

• Fletch
                      • May 2007

Also, the conditional pick to Philly for Brown is either a '15 4th, a '16 3rd or 4th.

We traded our '15 4th to get Watkins though so not sure how that works.

Either way, I don't understand the expectations for a RB that's had four good games in college and pro combined, all against average to poor defensive opponents.
                      Last edited by Fletch; 10-16-2014, 05:43 PM.

Post #46

The idea that you "won't settle" presumes that you have some kind of control. Delusional thinking at best for a supposed fan of a spectators' sport. Your way to deal with it is to constantly ***** and denigrate any move, any result concerning the team even if it's positive because you don't want your whittle feewings hurt again. It's a protection mechanism.

You shroud your childish approach in a vale of pompous, intellectual garbage in an attempt to look smart and "real". You over-analyze even minute points and manipulate statistics to fit your negative view of the team. Again, to feel good about yourself and to protect from getting hurt.

Of course, the criticisms are obviously from someone who has no understanding of the team concept or what it takes to excel at athletics.

The true "realist" understands that they have no control of what happens on the field or behind the closed doors at One Bills' Drive, so they do the prudent thing for a spectator. They enjoy the games on Sunday with family and friends, cheer for their team and realize that it's just entertainment.
                      ------

"I was an integral part in the drafting process of EJ Manuel," Whaley said Thursday on NFL Network's Total Access. "I was the person that handled the draft process and setting up the board."

"We are committed. I want you to believe me when I say that," Whaley said of building around the second-year quarterback, per The Buffalo News. "I always tell you guys that I'll never say never because I don't want to paint myself in a corner, but when I do say something, I do it and I mean it and I try to fulfill it."

"We believe the addition of Sammy is going to be instant impact, not only to our quarterback, but to what our offensive coordinator can come up with game-plan wise and how defenses attack us," Whaley said.

"And as Mark says, if in three years maybe he's not [our quarterback of the future], then I'll be sitting there saying 'hey guys', .... anybody got a job for me?" - Doug Whaley

Comment

• IlluminatusUIUC
                        • Sep 2012

Originally posted by Fletch View Post
                        Also, the conditional pick to Philly for Brown is either a '15 4th, a '16 3rd or 4th.

We traded our '15 4th to get Watkins though so not sure how that works.
                        Depending on who hits their conditions, it can be the 4th we would get for Steve Johnson.

Billszone 2013 Prediction Contest winner!

Comment

• The Jokeman
                          • Dec 2003

I know everyone thinks the world of Brown, but everyone needs to read this. Seems like the only people thinking that Brown is much of anything are some posters here.

Some excerpts.

At this point, it doesn't seem likely Brown would become the Bills franchise running back of the future, but perhaps Buffalo likes his youth and his potential.
                          Brown does not have a new deal with the Bills but will be interesting if they want to adjust or extend it over time
                          — Jason La Canfora (@JasonLaCanfora) May 10, 2014
                          The Bills have already been in trade mode the past three days, giving up their 2015 first-round draft pick in order to move up to No. 4 overall and take receiver Sammy Watkins. It left at least one commentator flummoxed.
                          So confused by the Bills this weekend.
                          — Eric Edholm (@Eric_Edholm) May 10, 2014
                          Another perspective from an Eagles beat writer.
                          That was one heck of an unbelievable trade Howie Roseman pulled off for a guy who had no role here.

— Reuben Frank (@RoobCSN) May 10, 2014
                          Once again what we have here is fantasy mode. Our "elite RBs" aren't looking so hot because Jackson's finally hit the wall and the reality on the rest is that they're not starting material.

Dixon and Brown are two totally different types of RBs by the way. None are good on 3rd downs including Spiller.
                          Say what you want but the Eagles might be missing Brown as so far Shady McCoy has rushed for only 70.3 yards per game which is inflated by his Week 1 total of 149 yards. Darren Spriles has been good but isn't starting caliber and the guys behind those two have been as invisible as Brown. Personally I have issue no issue having Brown for depth as it's a welcome change to Tashard Choice.

Comment

• Fletch
                            • May 2007

Originally posted by The Jokeman View Post
                            Say what you want but the Eagles might be missing Brown as so far Shady McCoy has rushed for only 70.3 yards per game which is inflated by his Week 1 total of 149 yards. Darren Spriles has been good but isn't starting caliber and the guys behind those two have been as invisible as Brown. Personally I have issue no issue having Brown for depth as it's a welcome change to Tashard Choice.
                            There can be any number of reasons as to why McCoy ranks a mere 4th in the league in rushing, but it's pure conjecture to suggest that it's because Brown isn't there. I don't even see any correlation at all.

McCoy's doing what he's always done apart from last season. It's ridiculously unreasonable to expect a RB to have 1,600 yards rushing every season.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by IlluminatusUIUC View Post
                            Depending on who hits their conditions, it can be the 4th we would get for Steve Johnson.
                            Thanks, yeah, forgot about that.

Post #46

------

Comment

• EDS
                              • Jan 2003

There can be any number of reasons as to why McCoy ranks a mere 4th in the league in rushing, but it's pure conjecture to suggest that it's because Brown isn't there. I don't even see any correlation at all.

McCoy's doing what he's always done apart from last season. It's ridiculously unreasonable to expect a RB to have 1,600 yards rushing every season.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks, yeah, forgot about that.
                              Yes, poor McCoy and the Eagles, he is only fourth in the league in rushing without Brown while our own Bills, and their dynamic due of CJ and Fred are reaping the benefit of Brown's presence. And to be stuck with a back-up like Sproles, who is only averaging 6+ yards a carry, well, you can bet the Philly front office is kicking themselves for selling Brown for pennies on the dollar.

Comment

Working...
                              X