• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mace
    Haha...yeah you think so ?
    • Mar 2013

Schumer/Bills

It's good to have a friend. Imho he served us well.

“My family and I will always be grateful for his guidance and support throughout the process,” Pegula said. “The Bills are the only NFL team based in the state of New York and the team is undeniably woven into the identity of Buffalo. Thanks to Sen. Schumer and his efforts, it will stay that way for generations.”
  • Night Train
    Retired - On Several Levels
    • Jul 2005

Re: Schumer/Bills

He did a great job in regards to keeping the team here... little question.
    Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• YardRat
      Well, lookie here...
      • Dec 2004

Yeah, he deserves props for the effort on behalf of Bills fans.
      YardRat Wall of Fame
      #56 DARRYL TALLEY
      #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Swiper
        Legendary Zoner
        • Sep 2010

Nice to see you guys giving him props. He worked hard behind the scenes to make this happen by all accounts.

Comment

• coastal
          Legendary Zoner
          • Mar 2005

Schumer bid 1.4 billion?

Comment

• Fletch
            • May 2007

Originally posted by coastal View Post
            Schumer bid 1.4 billion?
            Exactly.

I'm trying to figure out what Schumer did to make Pegula bid $1.4B.

Pegula's just being professionally courteous. Which is fine, but let's not act like a bunch of women on the verge of tears over something semi-emotional.

Pegula and Pegula alone is what kept the team in Buffalo. Even Ralph didn't do anything to preordain this.
            http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/sho...s-haters/page3

Post #46

Originally posted by Yasgur's Farm
            (Moderator) My name's Max Yasgur, and I approve of this post.
            Originally Posted by pmoon6
            The idea that you "won't settle" presumes that you have some kind of control. Delusional thinking at best for a supposed fan of a spectators' sport. Your way to deal with it is to constantly ***** and denigrate any move, any result concerning the team even if it's positive because you don't want your whittle feewings hurt again. It's a protection mechanism.

You shroud your childish approach in a vale of pompous, intellectual garbage in an attempt to look smart and "real". You over-analyze even minute points and manipulate statistics to fit your negative view of the team. Again, to feel good about yourself and to protect from getting hurt.

Of course, the criticisms are obviously from someone who has no understanding of the team concept or what it takes to excel at athletics.

The true "realist" understands that they have no control of what happens on the field or behind the closed doors at One Bills' Drive, so they do the prudent thing for a spectator. They enjoy the games on Sunday with family and friends, cheer for their team and realize that it's just entertainment.
            ------

"I was an integral part in the drafting process of EJ Manuel," Whaley said Thursday on NFL Network's Total Access. "I was the person that handled the draft process and setting up the board."

"We are committed. I want you to believe me when I say that," Whaley said of building around the second-year quarterback, per The Buffalo News. "I always tell you guys that I'll never say never because I don't want to paint myself in a corner, but when I do say something, I do it and I mean it and I try to fulfill it."

"We believe the addition of Sammy is going to be instant impact, not only to our quarterback, but to what our offensive coordinator can come up with game-plan wise and how defenses attack us," Whaley said.

Whaley on EJ Manuel: "We think we got a gem in this guy." (2:30)

"And as Mark says, if in three years maybe he's not [our quarterback of the future], then I'll be sitting there saying 'hey guys', .... anybody got a job for me?" - Doug Whaley

Comment

• YardRat
              Well, lookie here...
              • Dec 2004

Originally posted by Fletch View Post
              Exactly.

I'm trying to figure out what Schumer did to make Pegula bid $1.4B.

Pegula's just being professionally courteous. Which is fine, but let's not act like a bunch of women on the verge of tears over something semi-emotional.

Pegula and Pegula alone is what kept the team in Buffalo. Even Ralph didn't do anything to preordain this.
              Ask Pegs, he's the one that referred to 'guidance and support'.
              YardRat Wall of Fame
              #56 DARRYL TALLEY

Comment

• YardRat
                Well, lookie here...
                • Dec 2004

Jesus, I still think we should create a Romper Room forum so Fletch and OpI can have a place to hold *****-fests without pissing all over the main board.
                YardRat Wall of Fame
                #56 DARRYL TALLEY

Comment

• Fletch
                  • May 2007

Originally posted by YardRat View Post
                  Ask Pegs, he's the one that referred to 'guidance and support'.
                  LOL

Right. What could Schumer have told Pegs that without which his bid wouldn't have counted?

Again, Pegs is just being courteous. Schumer may very well have assisted, but not in "keeping the Bills in NY" unless he encouraged Pegula to overbid like that. I don't envision that to be the case, I'm willing to bet that Pegs is quite a bit brighter than Schumer.

Post #46

The idea that you "won't settle" presumes that you have some kind of control. Delusional thinking at best for a supposed fan of a spectators' sport. Your way to deal with it is to constantly ***** and denigrate any move, any result concerning the team even if it's positive because you don't want your whittle feewings hurt again. It's a protection mechanism.

You shroud your childish approach in a vale of pompous, intellectual garbage in an attempt to look smart and "real". You over-analyze even minute points and manipulate statistics to fit your negative view of the team. Again, to feel good about yourself and to protect from getting hurt.

Of course, the criticisms are obviously from someone who has no understanding of the team concept or what it takes to excel at athletics.

The true "realist" understands that they have no control of what happens on the field or behind the closed doors at One Bills' Drive, so they do the prudent thing for a spectator. They enjoy the games on Sunday with family and friends, cheer for their team and realize that it's just entertainment.
                  ------

"I was an integral part in the drafting process of EJ Manuel," Whaley said Thursday on NFL Network's Total Access. "I was the person that handled the draft process and setting up the board."

"We are committed. I want you to believe me when I say that," Whaley said of building around the second-year quarterback, per The Buffalo News. "I always tell you guys that I'll never say never because I don't want to paint myself in a corner, but when I do say something, I do it and I mean it and I try to fulfill it."

"We believe the addition of Sammy is going to be instant impact, not only to our quarterback, but to what our offensive coordinator can come up with game-plan wise and how defenses attack us," Whaley said.

"And as Mark says, if in three years maybe he's not [our quarterback of the future], then I'll be sitting there saying 'hey guys', .... anybody got a job for me?" - Doug Whaley

Comment

• Fletch
                    • May 2007

Jesus, I still think we should create a Romper Room forum so Fletch and OpI can have a place to hold *****-fests without pissing all over the main board.
                    LOL

And now when I, OP, or any one of my other 7 monikers responds to this we're trolls, right.

The ones that turn this place into a urinal are you and posts like that.

Post #46

------

Comment

• Fletch
                      • May 2007

Originally posted by Very wide right View Post
                      Schumer did nothing .This guy is an asshat that holds NY state back in so many ways.He's the guy thats behind all the restrictions that keeps business out and makes even more leave.He's a rubber stamp for Obama.If something is built off the backs of taxpayers you can be sure ol Chuckie will be smiling on the news reel at 11.Chuckie doesn't believe in the 2nd amendment either other than his bodyguard being armed because his life is more valuable than yours.Chuckie represents everything that is wrong with NY politics.
                      ... and with this country.

I love the line in Steve Miller's song Take the Money and Run;

He ain't gonna let those two escape justice.
                      He makes his livin' off other peoples taxes.

Post #46

------

Comment

• trapezeus
                        Legendary Zoner
                        • Oct 2004

Op is interesting and a bills fan. Fletch and vwr are just trolls. Good news it's just one guy with two handles talking to himself

Comment

• trapezeus
                          Legendary Zoner
                          • Oct 2004

You add nothing here fletch.

Comment

• Fletch
                            • May 2007

Originally posted by Very wide right View Post
                            LOL, Im sure Chuckie worked veeeeeeeeery hard to spend Pegulas money.How do people fall for this stuff?There was a bidding process approved by the NFL.Theres NOTHING Chuckie could have done to help or work hard ​in any way.The only thing this guy works hard at is making sure NY residents cant defend themselves and raising taxes.
                            The greater the sale the more tax money for Chuck and his cronies.

Post #46

------

Comment

• Fletch
                              • May 2007

Originally posted by trapezeus View Post
                              You add nothing here fletch.
                              The sum total of your contributions in this threat equal what blow out of your ass and into your commode on a daily basis.

Keep up the good commentary though.

Post #46

------

Comment

Working...
                              X