• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dr. Lecter
    Zero for Zero!
    • Mar 2003

A slightly interesting stat

Not sure if it means anything - in fact it might be meaningless.

The Bills are 6th in the NFL in strength of victory.

Visit ESPN for the complete 2023 NFL season standings. Includes league, conference and division standings for regular season and playoffs.

So I guess they are not only beating crap teams
    Originally posted by mysticsoto
    Lecter is right in everything he said.
  • justasportsfan
    • Jul 2002

Re: A slightly interesting stat

I still can't believe we lost to Fitz
    sacrifice1
    https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Mace
      Haha...yeah you think so ?
      • Mar 2013

Originally posted by justasportsfan View Post
      I still can't believe we lost to Fitz
      More like we lost to the Houston JJ Watts, but I can go along with that.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
        Peterman Sucks!
        • Mar 2006

The Lions are the only team they've beaten with a winning record so far.

Comment

• BuffaloRedleg
          • Aug 2013

Originally posted by Mr. Pink View Post
          The Lions are the only team they've beaten with a winning record so far.
          There are a lot of teams that I bet are in that boat seeing what the NFL is like.

For example, Seattle has only beat 1 more team than us with a winning record.

If you don't include us (who you must think are terrible), the Patriots have only beat 1 team with a winning record, and that team is only 3-2-1 because of a stupid tie (the Bengals).

I might be wrong, but I think Green Bay has yet to beat a team with a winning record.

I'm not saying we are as good as those teams, but I'm saying that what you are saying is irrelevant.
          Last edited by BuffaloRedleg; 10-20-2014, 08:33 PM.

Comment

• DynaPaul
            • Sep 2003

The Cowboys must have the weakest. They're 6 - 1 and only beat Seattle.

Comment

• Fletch
              • May 2007

Originally posted by Dr. Lecter View Post
              Not sure if it means anything - in fact it might be meaningless.

The Bills are 6th in the NFL in strength of victory.

Visit ESPN for the complete 2023 NFL season standings. Includes league, conference and division standings for regular season and playoffs.

So I guess they are not only beating crap teams
              So do you think that it would have been A, more difficult, B, less difficult, or C, equally difficult to have beaten the Lions if Bell, Bush, and Calvin Johnson had played?
              http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/sho...s-haters/page3

Post #46

Originally posted by Yasgur's Farm
              (Moderator) My name's Max Yasgur, and I approve of this post.
              Originally Posted by pmoon6
              The idea that you "won't settle" presumes that you have some kind of control. Delusional thinking at best for a supposed fan of a spectators' sport. Your way to deal with it is to constantly ***** and denigrate any move, any result concerning the team even if it's positive because you don't want your whittle feewings hurt again. It's a protection mechanism.

You shroud your childish approach in a vale of pompous, intellectual garbage in an attempt to look smart and "real". You over-analyze even minute points and manipulate statistics to fit your negative view of the team. Again, to feel good about yourself and to protect from getting hurt.

Of course, the criticisms are obviously from someone who has no understanding of the team concept or what it takes to excel at athletics.

The true "realist" understands that they have no control of what happens on the field or behind the closed doors at One Bills' Drive, so they do the prudent thing for a spectator. They enjoy the games on Sunday with family and friends, cheer for their team and realize that it's just entertainment.
              ------

"I was an integral part in the drafting process of EJ Manuel," Whaley said Thursday on NFL Network's Total Access. "I was the person that handled the draft process and setting up the board."

"We are committed. I want you to believe me when I say that," Whaley said of building around the second-year quarterback, per The Buffalo News. "I always tell you guys that I'll never say never because I don't want to paint myself in a corner, but when I do say something, I do it and I mean it and I try to fulfill it."

"We believe the addition of Sammy is going to be instant impact, not only to our quarterback, but to what our offensive coordinator can come up with game-plan wise and how defenses attack us," Whaley said.

Whaley on EJ Manuel: "We think we got a gem in this guy." (2:30)

"And as Mark says, if in three years maybe he's not [our quarterback of the future], then I'll be sitting there saying 'hey guys', .... anybody got a job for me?" - Doug Whaley

Comment

• better days
                • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Fletch View Post
                So do you think that it would have been A, more difficult, B, less difficult, or C, equally difficult to have beaten the Lions if Bell, Bush, and Calvin Johnson had played?
                It does not matter, the win is in the books.

Good teams win when they play teams that are weakened by injuries.

The Pats* have done that for years.

Comment

• BuffaloRedleg
                  • Aug 2013

Would we have been A, more difficult, B, less difficult, or C, equally difficult if we had Kiko Alonso playing?

It's football kid, people get injured all the time, and it's never an excuse.

The Lions beat the Saints with essentially the same roster. So thanks for playing bye.
                  Last edited by BuffaloRedleg; 10-22-2014, 08:07 AM.

Comment

• Fletch
                    • May 2007

Originally posted by BuffaloRedleg View Post
                    Would we have been A, more difficult, B, less difficult, or C, equally difficult if we had Kiko Alonso playing?

It's football kid, people get injured all the time, and it's never an excuse.

The Lions beat the Saints with essentially the same roster. So thanks for playing bye.
                    Really? You're actually complaining about our injury situation which until now has been about the best in the league? Seriously? One significant player to date. Lions were missing a whole lot more than that, those were just the key players.

Nice of you to answer the question though. I realize that it's a toughie and I wouldn't want to see smoke coming out of your ears, so probably best you don't tax your grapenut sized brain on that one.

Post #46

The idea that you "won't settle" presumes that you have some kind of control. Delusional thinking at best for a supposed fan of a spectators' sport. Your way to deal with it is to constantly ***** and denigrate any move, any result concerning the team even if it's positive because you don't want your whittle feewings hurt again. It's a protection mechanism.

You shroud your childish approach in a vale of pompous, intellectual garbage in an attempt to look smart and "real". You over-analyze even minute points and manipulate statistics to fit your negative view of the team. Again, to feel good about yourself and to protect from getting hurt.

Of course, the criticisms are obviously from someone who has no understanding of the team concept or what it takes to excel at athletics.

The true "realist" understands that they have no control of what happens on the field or behind the closed doors at One Bills' Drive, so they do the prudent thing for a spectator. They enjoy the games on Sunday with family and friends, cheer for their team and realize that it's just entertainment.
                    ------

"I was an integral part in the drafting process of EJ Manuel," Whaley said Thursday on NFL Network's Total Access. "I was the person that handled the draft process and setting up the board."

"We are committed. I want you to believe me when I say that," Whaley said of building around the second-year quarterback, per The Buffalo News. "I always tell you guys that I'll never say never because I don't want to paint myself in a corner, but when I do say something, I do it and I mean it and I try to fulfill it."

"We believe the addition of Sammy is going to be instant impact, not only to our quarterback, but to what our offensive coordinator can come up with game-plan wise and how defenses attack us," Whaley said.

"And as Mark says, if in three years maybe he's not [our quarterback of the future], then I'll be sitting there saying 'hey guys', .... anybody got a job for me?" - Doug Whaley

Comment

• EricStratton
                      • Jul 2002

When did Reggie Bush and Joigue Bell become difference makers?

Comment

• better days
                        • Jan 2010

Well, here is an interesting stat....The Jets are giving up 26.3 points per game this season.

Not only the most points they have given up with Rex as HC, but the most they have given up since 1996 when they gave up 28.4 points per game.

Comment

• Fletch
                          • May 2007

Originally posted by EricStratton View Post
                          When did Reggie Bush and Joigue Bell become difference makers?
                          What you're implying here is that there would have been no difference between having Bush and Bell in there rather than having had George Winn.

Is that it?

I couldn't help but notice that you failed to mention the biggest one of the three, Calvin Johnson.

Post #46

------

Comment

• EricStratton
                            • Jul 2002

What you're implying here is that there would have been no difference between having Bush and Bell in there rather than having had George Winn.

Is that it?

I couldn't help but notice that you failed to mention the biggest one of the three, Calvin Johnson.

I didn't question if Calvin is a difference maker because he is a difference maker, the two running backs are average players who were replaced by another average player

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                              • Jul 2002

I like that Stat Lecter.

Now lets beat a **** team this weekend!

Comment

Working...
                              X