Comment

• Fletch
      • May 2007

Re: Grantland says Sammy Watkins is pretty good

Originally posted by trapezeus View Post
      Here fletchy fletchy!

More articles telling you that you are wrong

http://grantland.com/the-triangle/th...e-team-so-far/
      Speaking of douche bags, you're right on cue.

Wrong about what might I ask?

Wrong that Watkins wasn't worth next year's 1st and 4th, or that Watkin isn't worth Benjamin, a 1st, and a 4th next year?

I don't think so homey.

I think if you asked anyone that didn't have cement in their head whether they'd rather have Watkins or Benjamin and a 1st and 4th next year, that 90-some percent would take Benjamin and the 1st and 4th.

And Robert Mays? Really?

You may want to vet your sources a little bit better you narcissistic jackass.

Here's what he said about us three weeks ago;

I don't think that there's anyone alive that will agree with that, again, not anyone that doesn't have a head filled with concrete like you that is.

Otherwise, read his titles, he's the master of stating the obvious. No wonder you like him. I notice that this piece didn't come out in weeks 1-6.

LOL
      http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/sho...s-haters/page3

Post #46

Originally posted by Yasgur's Farm
      (Moderator) My name's Max Yasgur, and I approve of this post.
      Originally Posted by pmoon6
      The idea that you "won't settle" presumes that you have some kind of control. Delusional thinking at best for a supposed fan of a spectators' sport. Your way to deal with it is to constantly ***** and denigrate any move, any result concerning the team even if it's positive because you don't want your whittle feewings hurt again. It's a protection mechanism.

You shroud your childish approach in a vale of pompous, intellectual garbage in an attempt to look smart and "real". You over-analyze even minute points and manipulate statistics to fit your negative view of the team. Again, to feel good about yourself and to protect from getting hurt.

Of course, the criticisms are obviously from someone who has no understanding of the team concept or what it takes to excel at athletics.

The true "realist" understands that they have no control of what happens on the field or behind the closed doors at One Bills' Drive, so they do the prudent thing for a spectator. They enjoy the games on Sunday with family and friends, cheer for their team and realize that it's just entertainment.
      ------

"I was an integral part in the drafting process of EJ Manuel," Whaley said Thursday on NFL Network's Total Access. "I was the person that handled the draft process and setting up the board."

"We are committed. I want you to believe me when I say that," Whaley said of building around the second-year quarterback, per The Buffalo News. "I always tell you guys that I'll never say never because I don't want to paint myself in a corner, but when I do say something, I do it and I mean it and I try to fulfill it."

"We believe the addition of Sammy is going to be instant impact, not only to our quarterback, but to what our offensive coordinator can come up with game-plan wise and how defenses attack us," Whaley said.

Whaley on EJ Manuel: "We think we got a gem in this guy." (2:30)

"And as Mark says, if in three years maybe he's not [our quarterback of the future], then I'll be sitting there saying 'hey guys', .... anybody got a job for me?" - Doug Whaley

Comment

• Fletch
        • May 2007

Originally posted by HAMMER View Post
        But, but, but.........
        You too. Hardly anything you've stated would occur that's different from what my assessments have been have come to pass.

Post #46

The idea that you "won't settle" presumes that you have some kind of control. Delusional thinking at best for a supposed fan of a spectators' sport. Your way to deal with it is to constantly ***** and denigrate any move, any result concerning the team even if it's positive because you don't want your whittle feewings hurt again. It's a protection mechanism.

You shroud your childish approach in a vale of pompous, intellectual garbage in an attempt to look smart and "real". You over-analyze even minute points and manipulate statistics to fit your negative view of the team. Again, to feel good about yourself and to protect from getting hurt.

Of course, the criticisms are obviously from someone who has no understanding of the team concept or what it takes to excel at athletics.

The true "realist" understands that they have no control of what happens on the field or behind the closed doors at One Bills' Drive, so they do the prudent thing for a spectator. They enjoy the games on Sunday with family and friends, cheer for their team and realize that it's just entertainment.
        ------

"I was an integral part in the drafting process of EJ Manuel," Whaley said Thursday on NFL Network's Total Access. "I was the person that handled the draft process and setting up the board."

"We are committed. I want you to believe me when I say that," Whaley said of building around the second-year quarterback, per The Buffalo News. "I always tell you guys that I'll never say never because I don't want to paint myself in a corner, but when I do say something, I do it and I mean it and I try to fulfill it."

"We believe the addition of Sammy is going to be instant impact, not only to our quarterback, but to what our offensive coordinator can come up with game-plan wise and how defenses attack us," Whaley said.

"And as Mark says, if in three years maybe he's not [our quarterback of the future], then I'll be sitting there saying 'hey guys', .... anybody got a job for me?" - Doug Whaley

Comment

• Fletch
          • May 2007

By the way, I said the same **** about Spiller and worse and I was hammered for years. Alone on an island for years, yet in the end game, and as long as you seem to be all wrapped up about pointing out how wrong I always am, there wasn't anyone more accurate about him than me. No one even close.

Post #46

------

Comment

• YardRat
            Well, lookie here...
            • Dec 2004

I like the kid...a lot more as every week passes. Whether he was worth the picks or not will depend how the team does over the next couple of seasons.
            YardRat Wall of Fame
            #56 DARRYL TALLEY
            #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Buffalogic
              Rumblin' Stumblin' Bumblin'
              • Feb 2006

Fletch is the first person ever to make my ignore list. Just too much incoherant blathering.

Sammy Watkins obviously is an amazing talent. You really have to be reaching deep down in your idiocy bucket to come up with anything negative about him as a player.

Comment

• HAMMER
                I'm right, Miyagi is wrong.
                • Jul 2003

Talk about cement for brains. 7 games in and most everyone is raving about the guy.....except Felch. He HAS to be right so he will go to any length to justify his blathering. Watkins route running is already excellent, but Felch said he can't do that, "all he can do is catch the ball in the flat and RAC". WRONG Felch, WRONG. The jury is, and will be out for a couple years as far as the price we paid, but there is no doubt Watkins is already special.

Comment

• Fletch
                  • May 2007

Originally posted by HAMMER View Post
                  Talk about cement for brains. 7 games in and most everyone is raving about the guy.....except Felch. He HAS to be right so he will go to any length to justify his blathering. Watkins route running is already excellent, but Felch said he can't do that, "all he can do is catch the ball in the flat and RAC". WRONG Felch, WRONG. The jury is, and will be out for a couple years as far as the price we paid, but there is no doubt Watkins is already special.
                  Yes, cement for brains.

Only someone with cement for brains would rather have a WR that has 35 catches for 433 yards, 12.4 yards-per-catch, and 4 TDs against Miami, Minnesota, and Houston, over one that has 34 catches for 477 yards, 14.0 yards-per-catch, and 5 TDs, including TDs against Pittsburgh, Baltimore, Cincinnati, and Green Bay and one that's been much more consistent, plus a 1st round and 4th round pick next season.

And think before you post your next cement-headed comment about Newton throwing the ball since two of Benjamin's 5 TDs have been from Anderson and Newton's not having the best season anyway. A lot of people are on him over it.

You sure you don't work for our front office? They have cement for brains too.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Buffalogic View Post
                  Fletch is the first person ever to make my ignore list.
                  Thank you

Post #46

------

Comment

• lavuuk153
                    • Oct 2014

Watkins is a beast...but the extra 1st was a steep price to pay. It's really as simple as that. If the trade was a 1st and a 2nd/4th next year, I'd be all in. Giving up a 1st for a non QB is not something I would recommend. At the very least, Watkins looks like an elite talent that can have a huge impact with a slightly below average QB. At the end of the day, with the game on the line, the play was to Watkins, Orton didn't look anywhere else, and Watkins easily got open. Comparing Watkins to Spiller is silly IMO because Watkins has shown as much upside this year as Spiller has in his career...and I wouldn't mind keeping Spiller around at a decent price and with a OC who knows how to utilize him.

Comment

• ICRockets
                      Childish Fake Voter
                      • Jul 2008

Anyone know why Fletch keeps adding a 2015 4th rounder to the Watkins trade?

EDIT: Ah, I double checked. For some reason I thought the 4th we gave up was this year's, not next.
                      Last edited by ICRockets; 10-24-2014, 02:09 AM.

Comment

• Night Train
                        Retired - On Several Levels
                        • Jul 2005

Back to topic.

Watkins is better than pretty good. We now know he can be the main reason we win some close football games.
                        Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• k-oneputt
                          • Jun 2009

Why are some even surprised he is good ? He was dynamite in college. All he needed was a half way decent qb who could get him the ball. He has all the skills. Big, fast, good hands, breaks tackles, strong, runs good routes, will go over the middle, fearless, and he is young and will get even better as long as he has a qb with him.

He will be a top-5 wr in the NFL.

Comment

• better days
                            • Jan 2010

Originally posted by trapezeus View Post
                            Here fletchy fletchy!

More articles telling you that you are wrong

http://grantland.com/the-triangle/th...e-team-so-far/
                            Might as well give it up trap.

I don't think fletch is willing to concede the Bills are staying put in Buffalo & not moving to Toronto yet.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                              Administrator
                              • Jul 2002

He's been really good this year, only thing I've seen is some route development issues with his tree and some struggles in press but he's beaten that a number of times as well. His catch radius is absolutely outstanding.
                              COMING SOON...
                              Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                              We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X