• whkfc
    Theres Fast Food, Then Theres KFC
    • May 2003

Bills to play Jags in London game next year

Heads up
  • Fletch
    • May 2007

Re: Bills to play Jags in London game next year

Damn well better not be playing in Toronto again then either. Is that series officially off the table for next season?
    http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/sho...s-haters/page3

Post #46

Originally posted by Yasgur's Farm
    (Moderator) My name's Max Yasgur, and I approve of this post.
    Originally Posted by pmoon6
    The idea that you "won't settle" presumes that you have some kind of control. Delusional thinking at best for a supposed fan of a spectators' sport. Your way to deal with it is to constantly ***** and denigrate any move, any result concerning the team even if it's positive because you don't want your whittle feewings hurt again. It's a protection mechanism.

You shroud your childish approach in a vale of pompous, intellectual garbage in an attempt to look smart and "real". You over-analyze even minute points and manipulate statistics to fit your negative view of the team. Again, to feel good about yourself and to protect from getting hurt.

Of course, the criticisms are obviously from someone who has no understanding of the team concept or what it takes to excel at athletics.

The true "realist" understands that they have no control of what happens on the field or behind the closed doors at One Bills' Drive, so they do the prudent thing for a spectator. They enjoy the games on Sunday with family and friends, cheer for their team and realize that it's just entertainment.
    ------

"I was an integral part in the drafting process of EJ Manuel," Whaley said Thursday on NFL Network's Total Access. "I was the person that handled the draft process and setting up the board."

"We are committed. I want you to believe me when I say that," Whaley said of building around the second-year quarterback, per The Buffalo News. "I always tell you guys that I'll never say never because I don't want to paint myself in a corner, but when I do say something, I do it and I mean it and I try to fulfill it."

"We believe the addition of Sammy is going to be instant impact, not only to our quarterback, but to what our offensive coordinator can come up with game-plan wise and how defenses attack us," Whaley said.

Whaley on EJ Manuel: "We think we got a gem in this guy." (2:30)

"And as Mark says, if in three years maybe he's not [our quarterback of the future], then I'll be sitting there saying 'hey guys', .... anybody got a job for me?" - Doug Whaley

Comment

• IlluminatusUIUC
      • Sep 2012

Oh for ****'s sake

Billszone 2013 Prediction Contest winner!

Comment

• Fletch
        • May 2007

At least it's the Jags.
        http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/sho...s-haters/page3

Post #46

Originally posted by Yasgur's Farm
        (Moderator) My name's Max Yasgur, and I approve of this post.
        Originally Posted by pmoon6
        The idea that you "won't settle" presumes that you have some kind of control. Delusional thinking at best for a supposed fan of a spectators' sport. Your way to deal with it is to constantly ***** and denigrate any move, any result concerning the team even if it's positive because you don't want your whittle feewings hurt again. It's a protection mechanism.

You shroud your childish approach in a vale of pompous, intellectual garbage in an attempt to look smart and "real". You over-analyze even minute points and manipulate statistics to fit your negative view of the team. Again, to feel good about yourself and to protect from getting hurt.

Of course, the criticisms are obviously from someone who has no understanding of the team concept or what it takes to excel at athletics.

The true "realist" understands that they have no control of what happens on the field or behind the closed doors at One Bills' Drive, so they do the prudent thing for a spectator. They enjoy the games on Sunday with family and friends, cheer for their team and realize that it's just entertainment.
        ------

"I was an integral part in the drafting process of EJ Manuel," Whaley said Thursday on NFL Network's Total Access. "I was the person that handled the draft process and setting up the board."

"We are committed. I want you to believe me when I say that," Whaley said of building around the second-year quarterback, per The Buffalo News. "I always tell you guys that I'll never say never because I don't want to paint myself in a corner, but when I do say something, I do it and I mean it and I try to fulfill it."

"We believe the addition of Sammy is going to be instant impact, not only to our quarterback, but to what our offensive coordinator can come up with game-plan wise and how defenses attack us," Whaley said.

Whaley on EJ Manuel: "We think we got a gem in this guy." (2:30)

"And as Mark says, if in three years maybe he's not [our quarterback of the future], then I'll be sitting there saying 'hey guys', .... anybody got a job for me?" - Doug Whaley

Comment

• EricStratton
          • Jul 2002

It's a Jags home game so nothing is lost for the Bills

Comment

• SeatownBillsFan21
            • Mar 2004

Yea not a home game so that's good.

Comment

• feldspar
              • Mar 2007

I hope it's another one of those 9:30 AM games, myself.

I'm glad we are playing the Jaguars.

How do we know this, anyway? Link?

Comment

• IlluminatusUIUC
                • Sep 2012

Originally posted by feldspar View Post
                I hope it's another one of those 9:30 AM games, myself.

I'm glad we are playing the Jaguars.

How do we know this, anyway? Link?
                The Bills posted it on Facebook, I'm not sure where else it's being reported.

Edit: http://www.buffalobills.com/news/art...fb_buf_article

Comment

• IlluminatusUIUC
                  • Sep 2012

Also, Jets @ Fins is moved to London. Their fans have got to be PISSED.

Comment

• OpIv37
                    Acid Douching Asswipe
                    • Sep 2002

The only good thing about the Toronto game was that it exempted us from this charade.

And if the NFL is trying to grow their brand in England, a Bills-Jags game is a pretty poor way to do it. We have Sammy and a good DL but lack star power beyond that. The Jags are so dysfunctional that they make the Bills seem competent.
                    MiKiDo Facebook
                    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• SpikedLemonade
                      • Jun 2024

Originally posted by Fletch View Post
                      Damn well better not be playing in Toronto again then either. Is that series officially off the table for next season?
                      To save face, they did not make it official, but consider it dead since there is very little interest in watching the Bills play in Toronto.

Comment

• OpIv37
                        Acid Douching Asswipe
                        • Sep 2002

Originally posted by IlluminatusUIUC View Post
                        Also, Jets @ Fins is moved to London. Their fans have got to be PISSED.
                        Not cool. I don't know why the league thinks it's acceptable to take a home div game away from a team.

I could point and laugh because it's the Fish, but watch the league move our home game against the Pats to Germany in a couple of years when they're old and we are finally good enough to beat them.
                        MiKiDo Facebook
                        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Pinkerton Security
                          Pinkerton's son
                          • Feb 2006

What a crappy game for the European fans to view. LOL. Im guessing they have to "spread the love" and not make just the large-market teams travel over there every year.

Comment

• OpIv37
                            Acid Douching Asswipe
                            • Sep 2002

Originally posted by SpikedLemonade View Post
                            To save face, they did not make it official, but consider it dead since there is very little interest in watching the Bills play in Toronto.
                            Who saw that coming? Oh right- everyone except Russ, Ralph and Rogers.

Well, maybe Ralph and Russ saw it coming and they didn't care because it got Russ a huge bonus check and got Ralph millions of dollars of Rogers' money to stuff in his mattress.
                            MiKiDo Facebook
                            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Novacane
                              • Jul 2002

Dumping a game no one would watch on London lol.

Comment

Working...
                              X