X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ghz in pittsburgh
    • Aug 2004

Stop treating Orton like an elite QB

I don't understand why they stopped running the ball in the 4th quarter. They were running left and right in the 3rd. Sure Brown fumbled. But he came back running hard.

They put the ball in Orton's hands like he's one who can win games on his own. With an injured Watkins no less.
  • justasportsfan
    • Jul 2002

Re: Stop treating Orton like an elite QB

Stupid thread title
    sacrifice1
    https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Novacane
      • Jul 2002

Kyle Manning Brady Montana!

Comment

• Crisis
        • Aug 2004

Originally posted by justasportsfan View Post
        Stupid thread title
        He threw 48 tunes with Brown and Dixon over 5 ypc.

It's stupid to everyone but Hackett.
        Originally posted by LOSman WINS
        Vanek is Austrian not European
        Originally posted by Prov401
        Pacquiao isn't asian. He's from the philippines
        Originally posted by better days
        I will not be surprised if Tebow has more success than Peyton in the NFL.

Comment

• Typ0
          honey pie
          • Jul 2002

I was quite frustrated with that four downs of passing when we were in scoring distance too. I don't think anyone has treated Orton like an elite QB though. The fact is Orton ferrets out how bad our QB productivity has truly been ...

Comment

• ghz in pittsburgh
            • Aug 2004

No. There is a ground swelling in Buffalo like Orton is god. He's NOT.

I gave him credit that he took care of the ball today, not sack and stuff. But apparently they expect more from him.

Take the 2nd last offensive series. At the 15 yard line. No attempt to get another 1st down. Having Orton thrown 4 times. Not even close. The way he's playing today, I'd agree with the TV guy that kick a field goal then play for another field goal.

Comment

• coastal
              Legendary Zoner
              • Mar 2005

The play calling on tgat series was atrocious

Comment

• ghz in pittsburgh
                • Aug 2004

The field goal at 3rd quarter. What are they thinking? They ran the ball to get into that situation. And they started throw the next two times. Missed Watkins on the left, high to Woods.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                  • Mar 2005

Originally posted by ghz in pittsburgh View Post
                  I don't understand why they stopped running the ball in the 4th quarter. They were running left and right in the 3rd. Sure Brown fumbled. But he came back running hard.

They put the ball in Orton's hands like he's one who can win games on his own. With an injured Watkins no less.
                  Dumbest thread ever.....

Orton did everything possible today. You've lost ur mind.

Comment

• don137
                    • Jul 2002

Orton is very serviceable. No one said he is elite. He is a middle of the road QB. With this defense an average QB can lead this team to the playoffs if they don't shoot themselves in their foot. Today the team shot themselves in their foot.

Bad play calling didn't help. Throwing the ball with second and two at the four yard twice and not playing for the first down was stupid.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                      • Jul 2002

I doubt Hackett thinks Orton is elite. They are just not confident about their running game
                      sacrifice1
                      https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Novacane
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by HHURRICANE View Post
                        Dumbest thread ever.....

His accuracy was way off.

Comment

• Fletch
                          • May 2007

Originally posted by HHURRICANE View Post
                          Dumbest thread ever.....

He was horrible in the red zone. Again.
                          http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/sho...s-haters/page3

Post #46

Originally posted by Yasgur's Farm
                          (Moderator) My name's Max Yasgur, and I approve of this post.
                          Originally Posted by pmoon6
                          The idea that you "won't settle" presumes that you have some kind of control. Delusional thinking at best for a supposed fan of a spectators' sport. Your way to deal with it is to constantly ***** and denigrate any move, any result concerning the team even if it's positive because you don't want your whittle feewings hurt again. It's a protection mechanism.

You shroud your childish approach in a vale of pompous, intellectual garbage in an attempt to look smart and "real". You over-analyze even minute points and manipulate statistics to fit your negative view of the team. Again, to feel good about yourself and to protect from getting hurt.

Of course, the criticisms are obviously from someone who has no understanding of the team concept or what it takes to excel at athletics.

The true "realist" understands that they have no control of what happens on the field or behind the closed doors at One Bills' Drive, so they do the prudent thing for a spectator. They enjoy the games on Sunday with family and friends, cheer for their team and realize that it's just entertainment.
                          ------

"I was an integral part in the drafting process of EJ Manuel," Whaley said Thursday on NFL Network's Total Access. "I was the person that handled the draft process and setting up the board."

"We are committed. I want you to believe me when I say that," Whaley said of building around the second-year quarterback, per The Buffalo News. "I always tell you guys that I'll never say never because I don't want to paint myself in a corner, but when I do say something, I do it and I mean it and I try to fulfill it."

"We believe the addition of Sammy is going to be instant impact, not only to our quarterback, but to what our offensive coordinator can come up with game-plan wise and how defenses attack us," Whaley said.

Whaley on EJ Manuel: "We think we got a gem in this guy." (2:30)

"And as Mark says, if in three years maybe he's not [our quarterback of the future], then I'll be sitting there saying 'hey guys', .... anybody got a job for me?" - Doug Whaley

Comment

• The Jokeman
                            • Dec 2003

Originally posted by ghz in pittsburgh View Post
                            No. There is a ground swelling in Buffalo like Orton is god. He's NOT.

I gave him credit that he took care of the ball today, not sack and stuff. But apparently they expect more from him.

Take the 2nd last offensive series. At the 15 yard line. No attempt to get another 1st down. Having Orton thrown 4 times. Not even close. The way he's playing today, I'd agree with the TV guy that kick a field goal then play for another field goal.
                            I disagree with going for the FG. Yet I do agree with the play calling inside the 15 once we missed the TD on 1st down we should have been making an effort to get the first down not get the TD.

Comment

• Mace
                              Haha...yeah you think so ?
                              • Mar 2013

I can't blame Orton. If Brown doesn't fumble, it's 20-3. Next series, it's 23-3. If McKevin doesn't fumble later it's looking 23-10 or 23-13 with the game winding down, 26-16 maybe the last drives, 26-24 maybe if KC hangs tough.

Comment

Working...
                              X