X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DesertFox24
    • Jul 2005

Another year and the bills are pretenders

A game of inches and the inches went the other way and we lost. Had chandler just fell on the ball or mckelvin not fumble we win handily.

Oh well season over. Enjoy it and hopefully we finish 8-8
  • don137
    • Jul 2002

Re: Another year and the bills are pretenders

They are getting better but too many mistakes. Agree this lost cost them a realistic shot at playoffs. Will still root for them until the bitter end.

Comment

• CoolBreeze
      • Feb 2009

I've been an active Bills fan since I was 9, and I've seen my team play in the playoffs once... when I was 9.

As my father says "You're a Bills fan, you'll get use to it. The pain eventually turns to just a numb feeling as the years roll on." Sigh.......

Comment

• imbondz
        Democrats are people too
        • Jan 2003

Were totally gonna win the next 5 in a row
        My faith doesn’t make me perfect, it makes me forgiven.

Comment

• ServoBillieves
          The Voice of Reason
          • Jul 2007

To watch a team dominate and be 2 boneheaded plays from 7-2 is mindboggling.
          Bye Bye Brady...

Comment

• CoolBreeze
            • Feb 2009

Originally posted by imbondz View Post
            Were totally gonna win the next 5 in a row
            I wiil hope and pray that happens

Comment

• Don't Panic
              All-Pro Zoner
              • Dec 2005

I know we lost, but you guys need to put the razor blades down. We had as much business losing this game as we did winning the Detroit, Minnesota and Chicago games. Bottom line is that we're probably right where we should be with a nice three game win streak right in front of us for the taking. Far from eliminated... very far.

Comment

• Fletch
                • May 2007

Originally posted by Don't Panic View Post
                I know we lost, but you guys need to put the razor blades down. We had as much business losing this game as we did winning the Detroit, Minnesota and Chicago games. Bottom line is that we're probably right where we should be with a nice three game win streak right in front of us for the taking. Far from eliminated... very far.
                LOL

The first appearance of the razor blades. This is when the forum starts getting entertaining.

As to being in it, hardly. Three of the teams we've beaten suck, we beat Miami when they sucked, and Detroit fielded half a team. Despite that stats people can put up for quality wins, they haven't been overly quality.

Of our remaining opponents five of the 7 are better than we are now. Denver, NE, GB, Cleveland, and Miami. After @ Miami and at home vs. the Jets, wins may not come anymore.
                http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/sho...s-haters/page3

Post #46

Originally posted by Yasgur's Farm
                (Moderator) My name's Max Yasgur, and I approve of this post.
                Originally Posted by pmoon6
                The idea that you "won't settle" presumes that you have some kind of control. Delusional thinking at best for a supposed fan of a spectators' sport. Your way to deal with it is to constantly ***** and denigrate any move, any result concerning the team even if it's positive because you don't want your whittle feewings hurt again. It's a protection mechanism.

You shroud your childish approach in a vale of pompous, intellectual garbage in an attempt to look smart and "real". You over-analyze even minute points and manipulate statistics to fit your negative view of the team. Again, to feel good about yourself and to protect from getting hurt.

Of course, the criticisms are obviously from someone who has no understanding of the team concept or what it takes to excel at athletics.

The true "realist" understands that they have no control of what happens on the field or behind the closed doors at One Bills' Drive, so they do the prudent thing for a spectator. They enjoy the games on Sunday with family and friends, cheer for their team and realize that it's just entertainment.
                ------

"I was an integral part in the drafting process of EJ Manuel," Whaley said Thursday on NFL Network's Total Access. "I was the person that handled the draft process and setting up the board."

"We are committed. I want you to believe me when I say that," Whaley said of building around the second-year quarterback, per The Buffalo News. "I always tell you guys that I'll never say never because I don't want to paint myself in a corner, but when I do say something, I do it and I mean it and I try to fulfill it."

"We believe the addition of Sammy is going to be instant impact, not only to our quarterback, but to what our offensive coordinator can come up with game-plan wise and how defenses attack us," Whaley said.

Whaley on EJ Manuel: "We think we got a gem in this guy." (2:30)

"And as Mark says, if in three years maybe he's not [our quarterback of the future], then I'll be sitting there saying 'hey guys', .... anybody got a job for me?" - Doug Whaley

Comment

• alohabillsfan
                  • Sep 2003

Yes the bills gave it away, now fletch is happy and can post again! Whatever makes you happy!

Comment

• Scumbag College
                    • Oct 2002

Originally posted by ServoBillieves View Post
                    To watch a team dominate and be 2 boneheaded plays from 7-2 is mindboggling.
                    I was thinking that all afternoon while having lunch today and grocery shopping.
                    Remember Kevin Everett in your thoughts.

Vote Nader in 2008!

http://www.votenader.org/

Comment

• Historian
                      2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
                      • Dec 2002

7-9

Season over.

Comment

• Fletch
                        • May 2007

Originally posted by alohabillsfan View Post
                        Yes the bills gave it away, now fletch is happy and can post again! Whatever makes you happy!
                        Don't know what you're talking about, I post pretty regularly when there's something worth commenting on, which is rare.

Enjoy sucking yourself off though.

Post #46

The idea that you "won't settle" presumes that you have some kind of control. Delusional thinking at best for a supposed fan of a spectators' sport. Your way to deal with it is to constantly ***** and denigrate any move, any result concerning the team even if it's positive because you don't want your whittle feewings hurt again. It's a protection mechanism.

You shroud your childish approach in a vale of pompous, intellectual garbage in an attempt to look smart and "real". You over-analyze even minute points and manipulate statistics to fit your negative view of the team. Again, to feel good about yourself and to protect from getting hurt.

Of course, the criticisms are obviously from someone who has no understanding of the team concept or what it takes to excel at athletics.

The true "realist" understands that they have no control of what happens on the field or behind the closed doors at One Bills' Drive, so they do the prudent thing for a spectator. They enjoy the games on Sunday with family and friends, cheer for their team and realize that it's just entertainment.
                        ------

"I was an integral part in the drafting process of EJ Manuel," Whaley said Thursday on NFL Network's Total Access. "I was the person that handled the draft process and setting up the board."

"We are committed. I want you to believe me when I say that," Whaley said of building around the second-year quarterback, per The Buffalo News. "I always tell you guys that I'll never say never because I don't want to paint myself in a corner, but when I do say something, I do it and I mean it and I try to fulfill it."

"We believe the addition of Sammy is going to be instant impact, not only to our quarterback, but to what our offensive coordinator can come up with game-plan wise and how defenses attack us," Whaley said.

"And as Mark says, if in three years maybe he's not [our quarterback of the future], then I'll be sitting there saying 'hey guys', .... anybody got a job for me?" - Doug Whaley

Comment

• Fletch
                          • May 2007

Originally posted by Historian View Post
                          7-9

Season over.
                          We seem to go as our TO ratio goes. Fortunate or unfortunate for us we played the teams that are worst at committing them in the first 8 games. We play mostly the best in the 2nd 8. The only team we've beaten so far without having had that TO ration advantage is Minnesota and we barely beat them.

Post #46

------

Comment

• Don't Panic
                            All-Pro Zoner
                            • Dec 2005

The only thing we made wholly unlikely is a 10-6 record. I still could see us 9-7 and depending on who beats who that may be enough. Not out of this yet.

Comment

• The Jokeman
                              • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Fletch View Post
                              LOL

The first appearance of the razor blades. This is when the forum starts getting entertaining.

As to being in it, hardly. Three of the teams we've beaten suck, we beat Miami when they sucked, and Detroit fielded half a team. Despite that stats people can put up for quality wins, they haven't been overly quality.

Of our remaining opponents five of the 7 are better than we are now. Denver, NE, GB, Cleveland, and Miami. After @ Miami and at home vs. the Jets, wins may not come anymore.
                              I don't agree that Cleveland and Miami are better than us. GB's offense is scary but I think our D has shown it's as good as any in the NFL right now and is arguably the leagues best. I think there's a chance we only lose two more games this season those against Denver and New England and maybe Green Bay.

Comment

Working...
                              X