X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • GvilleBills
    • Mar 2006

Watkins or Beckham?

I admit I wanted no part of Beckham, and I loved that we didn't give up 2014 picks to get Sammy.
    That being said, this is the real question of this year and going forward: better to have Sammy @ 4 with the cost, or Beckham @ 9 and draft picks intact?

I still love Sammy, but damn Beckham has looked good, and getting better.
    Diehard BillGator... best of both worlds
  • Fletch
    • May 2007

Re: Watkins or Beckham?

Get ready to duck!

You would have been better off suggesting that everyone here cut off their testicles than suggest that.

Didn't you get the memo, Sammy's "special."
    http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/sho...s-haters/page3

Post #46

Originally posted by Yasgur's Farm
    (Moderator) My name's Max Yasgur, and I approve of this post.
    Originally Posted by pmoon6
    The idea that you "won't settle" presumes that you have some kind of control. Delusional thinking at best for a supposed fan of a spectators' sport. Your way to deal with it is to constantly ***** and denigrate any move, any result concerning the team even if it's positive because you don't want your whittle feewings hurt again. It's a protection mechanism.

You shroud your childish approach in a vale of pompous, intellectual garbage in an attempt to look smart and "real". You over-analyze even minute points and manipulate statistics to fit your negative view of the team. Again, to feel good about yourself and to protect from getting hurt.

Of course, the criticisms are obviously from someone who has no understanding of the team concept or what it takes to excel at athletics.

The true "realist" understands that they have no control of what happens on the field or behind the closed doors at One Bills' Drive, so they do the prudent thing for a spectator. They enjoy the games on Sunday with family and friends, cheer for their team and realize that it's just entertainment.
    ------

"I was an integral part in the drafting process of EJ Manuel," Whaley said Thursday on NFL Network's Total Access. "I was the person that handled the draft process and setting up the board."

"We are committed. I want you to believe me when I say that," Whaley said of building around the second-year quarterback, per The Buffalo News. "I always tell you guys that I'll never say never because I don't want to paint myself in a corner, but when I do say something, I do it and I mean it and I try to fulfill it."

"We believe the addition of Sammy is going to be instant impact, not only to our quarterback, but to what our offensive coordinator can come up with game-plan wise and how defenses attack us," Whaley said.

Whaley on EJ Manuel: "We think we got a gem in this guy." (2:30)

"And as Mark says, if in three years maybe he's not [our quarterback of the future], then I'll be sitting there saying 'hey guys', .... anybody got a job for me?" - Doug Whaley

Comment

• Novacane
      • Jul 2002

I'll tell you in 3 years.

Comment

• kingJofNYC
        • Sep 2009

I loved Beckham, if you watched LSU you would have fallen in love with him. Kid is a stud.

I'm not making the comparison between the two, pointless really. Most, if not all of you, would have exploded in anger if they selected Beckham, mostly due to ignorance. He was the second best WR in this class hands down. Evans may be the bigger redzone but Beckham is great at playing bigger than he is. Great hands.

Pointless debate though, just going to stir **** up, no surprise.

Comment

• Thurmal
          • Oct 2005

Sammy Watkins is the best rookie receiver I've seen since Randy Moss in '98. There is some blame to go around for certain failures with this team, but none of it can go to him. Get real; the guy consistently gets it done when they throw him the ball. He has unreal hands, is criminally wide open at least 7-9 plays a game, and plays with debilitating injuries.

If our offense had decent pass-blocking and an OC who knew what he was doing, he would make the Pro Bowl every single year. Imagine if he played with a top-tier QB, too. Put him on the Colts with Luck and he probably is breaking records.
          "Miami played pretty damn good today and still got their ass kicked."

Comment

• Mr. Pink
            Peterman Sucks!
            • Mar 2006

Originally posted by Thurmal View Post
            Sammy Watkins is the best rookie receiver I've seen since Randy Moss in '98. There is some blame to go around for certain failures with this team, but none of it can go to him. Get real; the guy consistently gets it done when they throw him the ball. He has unreal hands, is criminally wide open at least 7-9 plays a game, and plays with debilitating injuries.

If our offense had decent pass-blocking and an OC who knew what he was doing, he would make the Pro Bowl every single year. Imagine if he played with a top-tier QB, too. Put him on the Colts with Luck and he probably is breaking records.
            In Indy he loses catches to Wayne and Hilton. Here he is the top banana. There are only so many balls to go around. He's in a good situation where he has an adequate QB and a team where he is clearly the number 1 WR.

I think him being hobbled set him up more as a decoy today with a few throws to him to keep the KC defense honest.

Comment

• kingJofNYC
              • Sep 2009

The real question is Justin Gilbert or Beckham? LOL, no contest so far.

Comment

• Fletch
                • May 2007

Originally posted by kingJofNYC View Post
                I loved Beckham, if you watched LSU you would have fallen in love with him. Kid is a stud.

I'm not making the comparison between the two, pointless really. Most, if not all of you, would have exploded in anger if they selected Beckham, mostly due to ignorance. He was the second best WR in this class hands down. Evans may be the bigger redzone but Beckham is great at playing bigger than he is. Great hands.

Pointless debate though, just going to stir **** up, no surprise.
                It may be pointless now but it's not going to be pointless next offseason.

You'd better get something special if you're going to make trades like that. I'm not seeing it yet.

Everyone should come down on Whaley and the FO for it most of all Pegula who should can Whaley's sorry ass and the rest of the FO.
                Last edited by Fletch; 11-09-2014, 03:57 PM.

Post #46

The idea that you "won't settle" presumes that you have some kind of control. Delusional thinking at best for a supposed fan of a spectators' sport. Your way to deal with it is to constantly ***** and denigrate any move, any result concerning the team even if it's positive because you don't want your whittle feewings hurt again. It's a protection mechanism.

You shroud your childish approach in a vale of pompous, intellectual garbage in an attempt to look smart and "real". You over-analyze even minute points and manipulate statistics to fit your negative view of the team. Again, to feel good about yourself and to protect from getting hurt.

Of course, the criticisms are obviously from someone who has no understanding of the team concept or what it takes to excel at athletics.

The true "realist" understands that they have no control of what happens on the field or behind the closed doors at One Bills' Drive, so they do the prudent thing for a spectator. They enjoy the games on Sunday with family and friends, cheer for their team and realize that it's just entertainment.
                ------

"I was an integral part in the drafting process of EJ Manuel," Whaley said Thursday on NFL Network's Total Access. "I was the person that handled the draft process and setting up the board."

"We are committed. I want you to believe me when I say that," Whaley said of building around the second-year quarterback, per The Buffalo News. "I always tell you guys that I'll never say never because I don't want to paint myself in a corner, but when I do say something, I do it and I mean it and I try to fulfill it."

"We believe the addition of Sammy is going to be instant impact, not only to our quarterback, but to what our offensive coordinator can come up with game-plan wise and how defenses attack us," Whaley said.

"And as Mark says, if in three years maybe he's not [our quarterback of the future], then I'll be sitting there saying 'hey guys', .... anybody got a job for me?" - Doug Whaley

Comment

• DraftBoy
                  Administrator
                  • Jul 2002

Well there were 33 total WR's taken in the 2014 NFL Draft...I guess we're two threads down and 30 to go now?

When do we have the Sammy Watkins v. John Brown thread? I'm ready for that.
                  COMING SOON...
                  Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                  We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                    Peterman Sucks!
                    • Mar 2006

Originally posted by kingJofNYC View Post
                    The real question is Justin Gilbert or Beckham? LOL, no contest so far.
                    Gilbert has been pretty bad this year, tbh.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by DraftBoy View Post
                    Well there were 33 total WR's taken in the 2014 NFL Draft...I guess we're two threads down and 30 to go now?

How about Sammy Watkins v. Taylor Gabriel? Or does it take a while to get to UDFA rookies?

Comment

• DraftBoy
                      Administrator
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Mr. Pink View Post
                      How about Sammy Watkins v. Taylor Gabriel? Or does it take a while to get to UDFA rookies?
                      2016 season.
                      COMING SOON...

Comment

• kingJofNYC
                        • Sep 2009

Originally posted by Mr. Pink View Post
                        Gilbert has been pretty bad this year, tbh.
                        Yeah, he's been terrible.

I think if a bunch of the RBs that are draft eligible come out than this years RB class may be as good as deep as last years WR class. Lots of RB talent even if the position is diminished.

Comment

• Fletch
                          • May 2007

The WRs mentioned in the same breath as Sammy and worthy of discussion as to whether or not them and our 1st and 4th next year would be worth having back are Evans (who wasn't available with our 9th), Benjamin, Robinson, Hurns, and Cooks. Robinson and Hurns could have been had much later, Hurns up until the 7th. Cooks is smallish and is NO's 3rd WR. Benjamin and Robinson are likely the two most worthy. Robinson, while bigger than Sammy, does not have Benjamin's size.

Post #46

------

Comment

• DraftBoy
                            Administrator
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Fletch View Post
                            The WRs mentioned in the same breath as Sammy and worthy of discussion as to whether or not them and our 1st and 4th next year would be worth having back are Evans (who wasn't available with our 9th), Benjamin, Robinson, Hurns, and Cooks. Robinson and Hurns could have been had much later, Hurns up until the 7th. Cooks is smallish and is NO's 3rd WR. Benjamin and Robinson are likely the two most worthy. Robinson, while bigger than Sammy, does not have Benjamin's size.
                            That's really funny.
                            COMING SOON...

Comment

• GvilleBills
                              • Mar 2006

You're better than this. Bills weren't taking Brown at 9, while Beckham was absolutely an option.

Allow me to make it simple for those of you struggling... I would have lost my **** if Buffalo picked Beckham @ 9, but the way he's looking after coming off his injury is special.
                              It begs my question.
                              Last edited by GvilleBills; 11-09-2014, 04:58 PM.
                              Diehard BillGator... best of both worlds

Comment

Working...
                              X