X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CommissarSpartacus
    • Mar 2003

I can't stand looking at Marrone

I know this may sound petty, judging a man on his appearances, but it's getting increasingly painful for me to look at the guy when they cut away to shots of him on the sideline, with his goofy little wool hat and his constant look of bewilderment.

the guy's body language is just awful, in no way does he seem like an inspirational presence, he has no charisma and he never gives me the feeling that he's better than the guy on the other sideline.

He just looks like a guy who's first thought when something bad happens is "Why does this stuff keep happening to me?"

Am I wrong? Am I being shallow? Should pros need inspiration from their coach?

Maybe not, but I think confidence that your coach has it under control isn't a bad thing.

I just don't see that with Marrone. He looks lime a shlub...
    My tebya razdavim
  • Night Train
    Retired - On Several Levels
    • Jul 2005

Re: I can't stand looking at Marrone

We should hire Fabio.

God, this board sucks.
    Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Fletch
      • May 2007

Originally posted by Night Train View Post
      We should hire Fabio.

God, this board sucks.
      lmao
      http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/sho...s-haters/page3

Post #46

Originally posted by Yasgur's Farm
      (Moderator) My name's Max Yasgur, and I approve of this post.
      Originally Posted by pmoon6
      The idea that you "won't settle" presumes that you have some kind of control. Delusional thinking at best for a supposed fan of a spectators' sport. Your way to deal with it is to constantly ***** and denigrate any move, any result concerning the team even if it's positive because you don't want your whittle feewings hurt again. It's a protection mechanism.

You shroud your childish approach in a vale of pompous, intellectual garbage in an attempt to look smart and "real". You over-analyze even minute points and manipulate statistics to fit your negative view of the team. Again, to feel good about yourself and to protect from getting hurt.

Of course, the criticisms are obviously from someone who has no understanding of the team concept or what it takes to excel at athletics.

The true "realist" understands that they have no control of what happens on the field or behind the closed doors at One Bills' Drive, so they do the prudent thing for a spectator. They enjoy the games on Sunday with family and friends, cheer for their team and realize that it's just entertainment.
      ------

"I was an integral part in the drafting process of EJ Manuel," Whaley said Thursday on NFL Network's Total Access. "I was the person that handled the draft process and setting up the board."

"We are committed. I want you to believe me when I say that," Whaley said of building around the second-year quarterback, per The Buffalo News. "I always tell you guys that I'll never say never because I don't want to paint myself in a corner, but when I do say something, I do it and I mean it and I try to fulfill it."

"We believe the addition of Sammy is going to be instant impact, not only to our quarterback, but to what our offensive coordinator can come up with game-plan wise and how defenses attack us," Whaley said.

Whaley on EJ Manuel: "We think we got a gem in this guy." (2:30)

"And as Mark says, if in three years maybe he's not [our quarterback of the future], then I'll be sitting there saying 'hey guys', .... anybody got a job for me?" - Doug Whaley

Comment

• black N yellow
        • Dec 2012

dick-jauron.jpg

personally, he looks no different than this guy, to me.

Comment

• Crisis
          • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Spartacus View Post
          I know this may sound petty, judging a man on his appearances, but it's getting increasingly painful for me to look at the guy when they cut away to shots of him on the sideline, with his goofy little wool hat and his constant look of bewilderment.

the guy's body language is just awful, in no way does he seem like an inspirational presence, he has no charisma and he never gives me the feeling that he's better than the guy on the other sideline.

He just looks like a guy who's first thought when something bad happens is "Why does this stuff keep happening to me?"

Maybe not, but I think confidence that your coach has it under control isn't a bad thing.

He should show some more fire like Bill Belichick.
          Last edited by Crisis; 11-09-2014, 05:31 PM.
          Originally posted by LOSman WINS
          Vanek is Austrian not European
          Originally posted by Prov401
          Pacquiao isn't asian. He's from the philippines
          Originally posted by better days
          I will not be surprised if Tebow has more success than Peyton in the NFL.

Comment

• Mr. Cynical
            Maybe?
            • Oct 2003

Originally posted by Spartacus View Post

I agree. I don't care about his "looks", but his body language is pure awful.
            Last edited by Mr. Cynical; 11-09-2014, 05:33 PM.

Comment

• SpikedLemonade
              • Jun 2024

Russ Brandon thought Marrone looked great when he found him under that overturned stone in Syracuse.

Russ gave the fans what they wanted -- a hometown boy.

Comment

• Novacane
                • Jul 2002

He hired Hackett. He's supposed to be an OL guru and our OL sucks. That's why I don't like him

Comment

• Swiper
                  Legendary Zoner
                  • Sep 2010

Originally posted by Night Train View Post
                  We should hire JP Losman.

God, this board sucks.
                  Fixed.

Comment

• Swiper
                    Legendary Zoner
                    • Sep 2010

Originally posted by SpikedLemonade View Post
                    Russ Brandon thought Marrone looked great when he found him under that overturned stone in Syracuse.

Russ gave the fans what they wanted -- a hometown boy.
                    Brandon saw himself hiring the Jim Boeheim of college football. LMAO.

Swing.

Miss by Brandon.

Comment

• coastal
                      Legendary Zoner
                      • Mar 2005

I personally don't get the Marrone hate.

Comment

• kscdogbillsfan1221
                        • Nov 2007

were there some coaching errors today? of course. particularly the abandonment of the run game when it was effective in the 3rd quarter.

however, the fumbles, and the false start to name a few were errors in execution. also, orton looked as accurate as EJ at times today. even though he did not turn the ball over, I think this was probably his worst game as a Bill in my opinion
                        I came.
                        I saw.
                        I conquered.

Comment

• paladin warrior
                          All-Pro Zoner
                          • Oct 2004

Gave him a mask brown paper bag and tell him putting on .

Comment

• IlluminatusUIUC
                            • Sep 2012

Body language doesn't really tell the whole story, but it's really all we have as fans to evaluate a coach's demeanor. Jim Harbaugh looks like a spoiled ***** who's had daddy's credit card taken away when something goes wrong, but I'd want him coaching Buffalo in a heartbeat.

Billszone 2013 Prediction Contest winner!

Comment

• The Doc
                              • Oct 2014

I didn't have a problem with the game plan. That was good. There were some decisions that I shook my head at but bottom line was this one was on the players.

Comment

Working...
                              X