X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • don137
    • Jul 2002

Is Bryce Brown the answer for CJ

Connecting the dots one can piece together that the Bills not resign Spiller and Bryce Brown will replace him. I didn't know a lot of Brown before he was traded to Buffalo but from what I read the knock on him was he is fumble prone.

I know their was a lot of mistakes in the Bills-Chiefs game but that Brown fumble cost them the game. Instead of going up 17-3 The wheels fell off after that fumble and I believe that fumble cost the Bills the game.

Nothing can turn momentum like a turnover. Given the label he had coming here and the fumble yesterday I worry this will not be the last time he costs the Bills the game. I rather cut our losses and get rid of him at end of season. RBs are a dime a dozen and I rather not have a RB that has a reputation coughs up the ball.
  • Albany,n.y.
    • Jul 2002

Re: Is Bryce Brown the answer for CJ

It was the combination of the Brown & McKelvin fumbles that cost the Bills the game, not Brown's alone. The Bills were still ahead when McKelvin fumbled, so really his fumble was worse because it led to the winning TD, but Brown clearly has to share in the blame.

Comment

• Novacane
      • Jul 2002

I'd get someone else too. I don't want a rb who fumbles.

Comment

• Fletch
        • May 2007

Lotsa people preaching here about how Brown was our RB of the future prior to the season and after we traded for him.
        http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/sho...s-haters/page3

Post #46

Originally posted by Yasgur's Farm
        (Moderator) My name's Max Yasgur, and I approve of this post.
        Originally Posted by pmoon6
        The idea that you "won't settle" presumes that you have some kind of control. Delusional thinking at best for a supposed fan of a spectators' sport. Your way to deal with it is to constantly ***** and denigrate any move, any result concerning the team even if it's positive because you don't want your whittle feewings hurt again. It's a protection mechanism.

You shroud your childish approach in a vale of pompous, intellectual garbage in an attempt to look smart and "real". You over-analyze even minute points and manipulate statistics to fit your negative view of the team. Again, to feel good about yourself and to protect from getting hurt.

Of course, the criticisms are obviously from someone who has no understanding of the team concept or what it takes to excel at athletics.

The true "realist" understands that they have no control of what happens on the field or behind the closed doors at One Bills' Drive, so they do the prudent thing for a spectator. They enjoy the games on Sunday with family and friends, cheer for their team and realize that it's just entertainment.
        ------

"I was an integral part in the drafting process of EJ Manuel," Whaley said Thursday on NFL Network's Total Access. "I was the person that handled the draft process and setting up the board."

"We are committed. I want you to believe me when I say that," Whaley said of building around the second-year quarterback, per The Buffalo News. "I always tell you guys that I'll never say never because I don't want to paint myself in a corner, but when I do say something, I do it and I mean it and I try to fulfill it."

"We believe the addition of Sammy is going to be instant impact, not only to our quarterback, but to what our offensive coordinator can come up with game-plan wise and how defenses attack us," Whaley said.

Whaley on EJ Manuel: "We think we got a gem in this guy." (2:30)

"And as Mark says, if in three years maybe he's not [our quarterback of the future], then I'll be sitting there saying 'hey guys', .... anybody got a job for me?" - Doug Whaley

Comment

• coastal
          Legendary Zoner
          • Mar 2005

Yes

Comment

• RedEyE
            • Jul 2002

I give Brown a mulligan on the fumble (even though that was the one complaint about him from Eagles fans). Mckelvin on the other hand, this has become an epidemic. And why on Earth is he still returning kicks? We don't have a young CB or WR that can do this job? McKelvin has a hard enough time keeping up on defense let alone STs.

Comment

• Fletch
              • May 2007

Brown is averaging 3.6 ypc, has only one 3rd-down carry, and hasn't shown a thing.

So far Philly got the better in that deal.

Who knows, maybe he'll explode the rest of the season, not sure who would put money on that happening though.

Post #46

The idea that you "won't settle" presumes that you have some kind of control. Delusional thinking at best for a supposed fan of a spectators' sport. Your way to deal with it is to constantly ***** and denigrate any move, any result concerning the team even if it's positive because you don't want your whittle feewings hurt again. It's a protection mechanism.

You shroud your childish approach in a vale of pompous, intellectual garbage in an attempt to look smart and "real". You over-analyze even minute points and manipulate statistics to fit your negative view of the team. Again, to feel good about yourself and to protect from getting hurt.

Of course, the criticisms are obviously from someone who has no understanding of the team concept or what it takes to excel at athletics.

The true "realist" understands that they have no control of what happens on the field or behind the closed doors at One Bills' Drive, so they do the prudent thing for a spectator. They enjoy the games on Sunday with family and friends, cheer for their team and realize that it's just entertainment.
              ------

"I was an integral part in the drafting process of EJ Manuel," Whaley said Thursday on NFL Network's Total Access. "I was the person that handled the draft process and setting up the board."

"We are committed. I want you to believe me when I say that," Whaley said of building around the second-year quarterback, per The Buffalo News. "I always tell you guys that I'll never say never because I don't want to paint myself in a corner, but when I do say something, I do it and I mean it and I try to fulfill it."

"We believe the addition of Sammy is going to be instant impact, not only to our quarterback, but to what our offensive coordinator can come up with game-plan wise and how defenses attack us," Whaley said.

"And as Mark says, if in three years maybe he's not [our quarterback of the future], then I'll be sitting there saying 'hey guys', .... anybody got a job for me?" - Doug Whaley

Comment

• Uncle Jesse
                • Sep 2004

He looked good besides the obvious fumble, it was only his 2nd game. Once he gets more reps and stuff I'm sure he'll be fine. RBs are generally a dime a dozen and you can find them lots of places. If only we had a decent OL. That would help any RB we have.

Comment

• streetkings01
                  • Jul 2006

Outside of that fumble which was huge he actually looked pretty good. He looks like a complete back......can run and catch.
                  You can call me streetkings

Comment

• streetkings01
                    • Jul 2006

Originally posted by Fletch View Post
                    Brown is averaging 3.6 ypc, has only one 3rd-down carry, and hasn't shown a thing.

So far Philly got the better in that deal.

Who knows, maybe he'll explode the rest of the season, not sure who would put money on that happening though.
                    When you add in the Jets game of course his yards per carry looks pedestrian. He avg 5 ypc yesterday and 10.8 ypr........he had 100 total yards on 13 touches. I think thats the anger from yesterdays meltdown clouding your judgement........Brown had a good day yesterday.
                    You can call me streetkings

Comment

• Fletch
                      • May 2007

Originally posted by streetkings01 View Post
                      When you add in the Jets game of course his yards per carry looks pedestrian. He avg 5 ypc yesterday and 10.8 ypr........he had 100 total yards on 13 touches. I think thats the anger from yesterdays meltdown clouding your judgement........Brown had a good day yesterday.
                      I have no anger from yesterday's meltdown, I'm looking at it purely objectively. I was referring to him as a rusher. We're set for receivers whether they come out of the backfield or not. If you ask me we throw far too much to our RBs as it is given our WRs.

Our top two WRs haven't even crossed the 1K mark combined. How many teams are left saying that. Maybe that factors into our red zone issues.

I don't know why yards come seemingly easy but RZ production rates dead last in the NFL now. We had more passing yards against KC yesterday than any team they've played this season including Denver, NE, and SD.

Post #46

------

Comment

• Thurmal
                        • Oct 2005

Half the people on this board were happy CJ got hurt b/c they actually thought Brown was the better player. People that weren't completely delusional knew better and were proved right when he lost the game yesterday.
                        "Miami played pretty damn good today and still got their ass kicked."

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
                          • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Albany,n.y. View Post
                          It was the combination of the Brown & McKelvin fumbles that cost the Bills the game, not Brown's alone. The Bills were still ahead when McKelvin fumbled, so really his fumble was worse because it led to the winning TD, but Brown clearly has to share in the blame.
                          Brown's hurt more than McKelvin's. Brown's was 7 points for the Bills. Would've completely changed the game.

Comment

• djjimkelly
                            • Apr 2003

i think this team should resign the ageless freddie jackson and get 2 new rbs to go with him.

1 from draft in 3rd or 4th round solid rbs drop to here in the modern draft. and one free agent that we know can pass block and so on .

Comment

• djjimkelly
                              • Apr 2003

Originally posted by Thurmal View Post
                              Half the people on this board were happy CJ got hurt b/c they actually thought Brown was the better player. People that weren't completely delusional knew better and were proved right when he lost the game yesterday.
                              hated the spiller pick when it happened but i have liked him alot as a player sine he got here. he is the best rb on this roster and its a damn shame he is hurt, but hes no bell cow we'd be better off if he was healthy but he isnt the rb of the future let alone 2015

Comment

Working...
                              X