• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Pinkerton Security
    Pinkerton's son
    • Feb 2006

We outplayed the Chiefs yesterday

Look, I know we lost, and it sucks - trying to look at as a positive. I'd say we were the better team for 80% of the game.

Positive #1A, 1B, etc - we SHOULD have beat the Chiefs yesterday. We seemingly controlled the game and couldnt make the plays when necessary, along with turnovers at the most inopportune times. Whether or not you want to view this as a positive or a negative is obviously up to you, but Im gonna look at it as a positive - its not like we got outplayed, we simply made mistakes.

Sometimes outplaying an opponent and losing stings more but Im choosing to say that on another day, we would have easily handled that team and I think that is a positive sign. Lets hope our fortunes turn and we DO make those plays Thursday night and crush the Fins.

• casdhf
    • Jul 2002

Re: We outplayed the Chiefs yesterday

The Chiefs used our game plan from previous weeks: Hold on, get lucky breaks, and pull it out late.
    Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
    cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• djjimkelly
      • Apr 2003

Originally posted by casdhf View Post
      The Chiefs used our game plan from previous weeks: Hold on, get lucky breaks, and pull it out late.
      BOOM SOMEONE FINALLY SAID WE WERE 5-3 ON LUCK!!! not kyle orton!!!!!

doing nothing all game then getting a break to pull it out is flutiesque its luck not good football

Comment

• Fletch
        • May 2007

Originally posted by djjimkelly View Post
        BOOM SOMEONE FINALLY SAID WE WERE 5-3 ON LUCK!!! not kyle orton!!!!!

doing nothing all game then getting a break to pull it out is flutiesque its luck not good football
        Sometimes you get those bounces (Detroit, Chicago, Jets, Miami) sometimes you don't. (KC)
        Sometimes when you do you still don't win. (Houston)
        Sometimes you just get outplayed all the way around. (SD, NE)
        Sometimes you win despite making numerous mistakes and overcome them. (Minnesota)
        http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/sho...s-haters/page3

Post #46

Originally posted by Yasgur's Farm
        (Moderator) My name's Max Yasgur, and I approve of this post.
        Originally Posted by pmoon6
        The idea that you "won't settle" presumes that you have some kind of control. Delusional thinking at best for a supposed fan of a spectators' sport. Your way to deal with it is to constantly ***** and denigrate any move, any result concerning the team even if it's positive because you don't want your whittle feewings hurt again. It's a protection mechanism.

You shroud your childish approach in a vale of pompous, intellectual garbage in an attempt to look smart and "real". You over-analyze even minute points and manipulate statistics to fit your negative view of the team. Again, to feel good about yourself and to protect from getting hurt.

Of course, the criticisms are obviously from someone who has no understanding of the team concept or what it takes to excel at athletics.

The true "realist" understands that they have no control of what happens on the field or behind the closed doors at One Bills' Drive, so they do the prudent thing for a spectator. They enjoy the games on Sunday with family and friends, cheer for their team and realize that it's just entertainment.
        ------

"I was an integral part in the drafting process of EJ Manuel," Whaley said Thursday on NFL Network's Total Access. "I was the person that handled the draft process and setting up the board."

"We are committed. I want you to believe me when I say that," Whaley said of building around the second-year quarterback, per The Buffalo News. "I always tell you guys that I'll never say never because I don't want to paint myself in a corner, but when I do say something, I do it and I mean it and I try to fulfill it."

"We believe the addition of Sammy is going to be instant impact, not only to our quarterback, but to what our offensive coordinator can come up with game-plan wise and how defenses attack us," Whaley said.

Whaley on EJ Manuel: "We think we got a gem in this guy." (2:30)

"And as Mark says, if in three years maybe he's not [our quarterback of the future], then I'll be sitting there saying 'hey guys', .... anybody got a job for me?" - Doug Whaley

Comment

• Novacane
          • Jul 2002

17-13 is all that matters. outplaying doesn't mean anything

Comment

• starrymessenger
            • Oct 2009

If we score a TD on the first drive in the second half (instead of turning it over) the Chiefs probably not only lose but get blown away. Having to rely on AS's arm with only Bowe to throw to with our D playing lights out and pinning their ears back spells turnovers for us (instead of them).
            A positive for me was the play of the O-line both in pass pro and in the run game. Not that it was great or consistent, but we had their front, a very good one, on the ropes at times with our RBs getting it done. Another positive is that after the gut wrenching Brown fumble we had another strong drive of the same power running variety, even tho we only got 3. Bouncing back like that after a momentum sucking disaster is a good sign.
            And let's not forget we were playing a solid, well balanced team that is very disciplined/well coached. I think they have the fewest penalties in the league. The Brown turnover was not just a lucky break for them. Parker is a playmaker. That's what he does.
            As for Orton, he was not at his best that's for sure. Had he been at the top of his game we would have won despite the turnovers. But neither was he responsible for the loss. All QBs, even the best, have their ups and downs. He's also got some good games and some big throws in that arm. Maybe Thursday night!

Comment

• ServoBillieves
              The Voice of Reason
              • Jul 2007

This was the epitome of the statement "Kansas City didn't win, Buffalo lost."

2 boneheaded fumbles completely changed the outcome of an otherwise easily won game.
              Bye Bye Brady...

Comment

• Historian
                2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
                • Dec 2002

Second year in a row that we gift wrapped a win for them.

That's what drives me nuts.

Comment

• Bellowing4DaBills
                  • Dec 2008

Our margin for error is small. Our O needs to capitalize on opportunites at a high percentage. They imploded at critical times instead.
                  The Bills Make Me Wanna Below

Comment

• Pinkerton Security
                    Pinkerton's son
                    • Feb 2006

Originally posted by Novacane View Post
                    17-13 is all that matters. outplaying doesn't mean anything
                    I disagree. A win is the most important thing but not the only thing. If we had gotten beat 34-0 you'd feel the exact same way? No, people are pissed because we DID outplay them yet still didnt win. Frustrating, yes - a TINY bit of a positive? I think so.

Again, whether you choose to view it as such I dont care, but I do.

Comment

Working...
                    X