X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bf1
    • Oct 2010

BS Calls

How about the false start and the offensive pass interference on Chandler?

I don't have a history of complaining about the refs, but those 2 hurt bad.

• chernobylwraiths
    • Jan 2003

Re: BS Calls

refs were reletively absent from this game, but that OPI really hurt and of course at a pretty crucial time.

the false start was a penalty, even though he flinched very little, he did flinch.

Nothing else blatent that I saw.

Comment

• gebobs
      One Bills Drive, Georgia - 871 miles south of Orchard Park
      • Sep 2003

The non-call on the hit on Hogan out of bounds. The unnecessary roughness on Williams was weak at best though I can appreciate how hard it is to make that call. I wouldn't be against reviewing calls like that.

Nonetheless, the Bills should have been able to overcome those. They, and we, have none to blame but their own bumbling. Orton was stone cold. Lawson couldn't hold the edge on both TDs. Brown and McFumbles. Henderson's flinch. Those are my five goats for the game.
      Lehner's history. He just doesn't know it yet.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
        Peterman Sucks!
        • Mar 2006

The only egregious miss I saw was the late hit on Hogan out of bounds.

Every game has ticky tack calls like the Chandler PI that some games are called and some games aren't.

Comment

• Buffalogic
          Rumblin' Stumblin' Bumblin'
          • Feb 2006

Henderson false start was pretty chintzy.

Comment

• OpIv37
            Acid Douching Asswipe
            • Sep 2002

I hated the personal foul call on Wiliams. He went for the tackle before Smith started the slide and did everything he could to not make contact. it basically means "if the qb gets within 2 yards of the sticks, stop playing D because if you try to stop him and he slides you'll get a penalty."
            MiKiDo Facebook
            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• OpIv37
              Acid Douching Asswipe
              • Sep 2002

And while I can't blame the refs in a game where the Bills made so many mistakes, if the refs even get two of those calls right, the Bills might have won despite the mistakes.

This game proves that bad officiating can affect the outcome. I'd be much madder about it if I thought the Bills deserved to win, but it's not the refs' fault the Bills only managed 3 points on 6 red zone trips.
              MiKiDo Facebook
              MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Fletch
                • May 2007

Originally posted by bf1 View Post
                How about the false start and the offensive pass interference on Chandler?

I don't have a history of complaining about the refs, but those 2 hurt bad.
                Is this supposed to be why we lost?

I would suggest that a good place to start in assessing the reason why we lost is in the fact that we scored only 13 points.

Sure, Brown fumbled, but we've gotten those bounces more than they've hurt us. See the Chicago, Detroit, and Jets games. We really cannot complain this season about not getting the games that could have gone either way, we're 3-1 in those.

This offense is anemic under Orton as another poster put it last week. I don't know why since Orton's better than Manuel, other than to suggest that Orton's always been a poor red zone QB, which is probably why no teams wanted him. I should have caught that when we signed him but didn't. The FO definitely should have known and Marrone too.

Either way, the offense needs to start putting up more points. 13 and 17 points, even 22 against the teams that we face coming up won't be enough to win more than a game or two. Can't count on opponents making 6 turnovers so that we can score 43 again this season.

It's not just coaching either, after Watkins we don't have any playmakers. None, despite the fact that many people bought into the fact that our RBs are elite and that our WRs are the best in the league or even close to either. Our RBs are below average and so are our WRs as groups.
                Last edited by Fletch; 11-11-2014, 12:39 PM.
                http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/sho...s-haters/page3

Post #46

Originally posted by Yasgur's Farm
                (Moderator) My name's Max Yasgur, and I approve of this post.
                Originally Posted by pmoon6
                The idea that you "won't settle" presumes that you have some kind of control. Delusional thinking at best for a supposed fan of a spectators' sport. Your way to deal with it is to constantly ***** and denigrate any move, any result concerning the team even if it's positive because you don't want your whittle feewings hurt again. It's a protection mechanism.

You shroud your childish approach in a vale of pompous, intellectual garbage in an attempt to look smart and "real". You over-analyze even minute points and manipulate statistics to fit your negative view of the team. Again, to feel good about yourself and to protect from getting hurt.

Of course, the criticisms are obviously from someone who has no understanding of the team concept or what it takes to excel at athletics.

The true "realist" understands that they have no control of what happens on the field or behind the closed doors at One Bills' Drive, so they do the prudent thing for a spectator. They enjoy the games on Sunday with family and friends, cheer for their team and realize that it's just entertainment.
                ------

"I was an integral part in the drafting process of EJ Manuel," Whaley said Thursday on NFL Network's Total Access. "I was the person that handled the draft process and setting up the board."

"We are committed. I want you to believe me when I say that," Whaley said of building around the second-year quarterback, per The Buffalo News. "I always tell you guys that I'll never say never because I don't want to paint myself in a corner, but when I do say something, I do it and I mean it and I try to fulfill it."

"We believe the addition of Sammy is going to be instant impact, not only to our quarterback, but to what our offensive coordinator can come up with game-plan wise and how defenses attack us," Whaley said.

Whaley on EJ Manuel: "We think we got a gem in this guy." (2:30)

"And as Mark says, if in three years maybe he's not [our quarterback of the future], then I'll be sitting there saying 'hey guys', .... anybody got a job for me?" - Doug Whaley

Comment

• Fletch
                  • May 2007

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
                  And while I can't blame the refs in a game where the Bills made so many mistakes, if the refs even get two of those calls right, the Bills might have won despite the mistakes.

This game proves that bad officiating can affect the outcome. I'd be much madder about it if I thought the Bills deserved to win, but it's not the refs' fault the Bills only managed 3 points on 6 red zone trips.
                  I thought it was 4 red zone trips, but either way we suck in the red zone, now officially ranked 32nd. We're in the bottom 25% of the league in 1st downs/game and 3rd conversions. The only thing keeping us from being ranked much worse than 23rd in yards per play is the Jets game.

Scoring may pick up although I wouldn't know why, but we'll have to double our scoring production to have a chance against some of the teams we face in December.

Every remaining team on our schedule except for the Jets and Raiders averages more ppg than we've scored in every game but the Jets game under Orton.

I had no idea that it was possible for a QB to be so good between the 20s but so sucky in the red zone.
                  http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/sho...s-haters/page3

Post #46

Originally posted by Yasgur's Farm
                  (Moderator) My name's Max Yasgur, and I approve of this post.
                  Originally Posted by pmoon6
                  The idea that you "won't settle" presumes that you have some kind of control. Delusional thinking at best for a supposed fan of a spectators' sport. Your way to deal with it is to constantly ***** and denigrate any move, any result concerning the team even if it's positive because you don't want your whittle feewings hurt again. It's a protection mechanism.

You shroud your childish approach in a vale of pompous, intellectual garbage in an attempt to look smart and "real". You over-analyze even minute points and manipulate statistics to fit your negative view of the team. Again, to feel good about yourself and to protect from getting hurt.

Of course, the criticisms are obviously from someone who has no understanding of the team concept or what it takes to excel at athletics.

The true "realist" understands that they have no control of what happens on the field or behind the closed doors at One Bills' Drive, so they do the prudent thing for a spectator. They enjoy the games on Sunday with family and friends, cheer for their team and realize that it's just entertainment.
                  ------

"I was an integral part in the drafting process of EJ Manuel," Whaley said Thursday on NFL Network's Total Access. "I was the person that handled the draft process and setting up the board."

"We are committed. I want you to believe me when I say that," Whaley said of building around the second-year quarterback, per The Buffalo News. "I always tell you guys that I'll never say never because I don't want to paint myself in a corner, but when I do say something, I do it and I mean it and I try to fulfill it."

"We believe the addition of Sammy is going to be instant impact, not only to our quarterback, but to what our offensive coordinator can come up with game-plan wise and how defenses attack us," Whaley said.

Whaley on EJ Manuel: "We think we got a gem in this guy." (2:30)

"And as Mark says, if in three years maybe he's not [our quarterback of the future], then I'll be sitting there saying 'hey guys', .... anybody got a job for me?" - Doug Whaley

Comment

• trapezeus
                    Legendary Zoner
                    • Oct 2004

next year we should have a "BS calls" thread and just list each questionable call from each game, the situation it was called in, the score, the down and distance and then the down and distance as result of the call.

it would be fun to look back after a full season of all the irritating calls and specifically the ones like the chandler PI which is text book gronk. that's how he gets open on third down vs every team and its never called.

Comment

• gebobs
                      One Bills Drive, Georgia - 871 miles south of Orchard Park
                      • Sep 2003

Originally posted by trapezeus View Post
                      text book gronk. that's how he gets open on third down vs every team and its never called.
                      First one I looked at...from the Bears game.

Capture.JPG
                      Lehner's history. He just doesn't know it yet.

Comment

• Goobylal
                        • Jan 2004

Bowe was tossing CB's aside and not a single call. Chandler barely touches the guy on a crucial play and it's a penalty. Same with the false start on Henderson. It happened 2 seconds before the Chefs player goes offsides, but they wait until he does to call it. And the PF on Williams was as pathetic as the PF on Hughes for slapping a teammate in the Pats game.

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
                          • May 2009

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
                          I hated the personal foul call on Wiliams. He went for the tackle before Smith started the slide and did everything he could to not make contact. it basically means "if the qb gets within 2 yards of the sticks, stop playing D because if you try to stop him and he slides you'll get a penalty."
                          A truly awful call for sure.

Comment

• Goobylal
                            • Jan 2004

I saw the Henderson flinch from another angle and it was legit.

Comment

• YardRat
                              Well, lookie here...
                              • Dec 2004

I don't have a beef with the AW call, he led with his helmet if I remember correctly. The call on Chandler was ticky-tack, and I DO take issue with that considering the timing, the fact that the refs were letting the guys play most of the game, and Bowe did much worse on a few occasions. The false start on Henderson was definitely the tiniest of flinches, the thing I don't understand about that is some teams get away with a silent count where the guard blatantly reaches over and taps the center to signal the snap and that's OK, but a literal muscle twitch is against the rules?
                              YardRat Wall of Fame
                              #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                              #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

Working...
                              X