• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • X-Era
    What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
    • Feb 2005

Cowher...

I will tell you from a relative that when we went looking for a HC back when we hired Gailey, Jim Kelly and Thurman were convinced we were landing Bill Cowher.

I think Pegula goes after him hard.

Don't forget the Whaley connection either. Whaley will likely still be here IMO.
    Last edited by X-Era; 11-14-2014, 01:34 PM.

• Dr. Lecter
    Zero for Zero!
    • Mar 2003

Re: Cowher...

The Bills were very close to hiring him at that time. Very.

I don't want him. he's been out of the game too long
    Originally posted by mysticsoto
    Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• Buffalogic
      Rumblin' Stumblin' Bumblin'
      • Feb 2006

^So what?? It's not like he's been on a ranch or something. The guy still eats and breathes football every day.

Comment

• djjimkelly
        • Apr 2003

id be all for the chin

and this team has one thing cowher likes a serious defense.

this time ill give whaley and buddy credit this team actually has alot of talent on it,

Comment

• streetkings01
          • Jul 2006

I'd pass..........we need new innovative blood........not a guy trying to build this team into the old Steelers. You know what current team was built like the old Steelers.........the Jets........look at them now.......doesn't work in today's NFL!
          You can call me streetkings

Comment

• X-Era
            • Feb 2005

He's proven that he knows how to get a team to win and get to the Super Bowl. That should be the goal.

Marrone proved he can take a team from the toilet bowl and make them mediocre... and only at the college level.

Comment

• X-Era
              • Feb 2005

Originally posted by streetkings01 View Post
              I'd pass..........we need new innovative blood........not a guy trying to build this team into the old Steelers. You know what current team was built like the old Steelers.........the Jets........look at them now.......doesn't work in today's NFL!
              Since when is Rex Ryan the same as Bill Cowher?

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                Zero for Zero!
                • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Buffalogic View Post
                ^So what?? It's not like he's been on a ranch or something. The guy still eats and breathes football every day.
                While that might be true, he does not have the familiarity or the connections with current assitant coaches to hire the best of the bunch.

Comment

• Buffalogic
                  • Feb 2006

^ Are we forgetting that the Jets went to back to back AFC Championship games with Mark Sanchez? Like what is this?

New blood? What the hell was Marrone? A first time HC from college.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Dr. Lecter View Post
                  While that might be true, he does not have the familiarity or the connections with current assitant coaches to hire the best of the bunch.
                  Lecter you are just saying things now. There's no way you have any idea of that. Come on man.

Comment

• Fletch
                    • May 2007

Enough with the Pittsburgh ties too.
                    http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/sho...s-haters/page3

Post #46

Originally posted by Yasgur's Farm
                    (Moderator) My name's Max Yasgur, and I approve of this post.
                    Originally Posted by pmoon6
                    The idea that you "won't settle" presumes that you have some kind of control. Delusional thinking at best for a supposed fan of a spectators' sport. Your way to deal with it is to constantly ***** and denigrate any move, any result concerning the team even if it's positive because you don't want your whittle feewings hurt again. It's a protection mechanism.

You shroud your childish approach in a vale of pompous, intellectual garbage in an attempt to look smart and "real". You over-analyze even minute points and manipulate statistics to fit your negative view of the team. Again, to feel good about yourself and to protect from getting hurt.

Of course, the criticisms are obviously from someone who has no understanding of the team concept or what it takes to excel at athletics.

The true "realist" understands that they have no control of what happens on the field or behind the closed doors at One Bills' Drive, so they do the prudent thing for a spectator. They enjoy the games on Sunday with family and friends, cheer for their team and realize that it's just entertainment.
                    ------

"I was an integral part in the drafting process of EJ Manuel," Whaley said Thursday on NFL Network's Total Access. "I was the person that handled the draft process and setting up the board."

"We are committed. I want you to believe me when I say that," Whaley said of building around the second-year quarterback, per The Buffalo News. "I always tell you guys that I'll never say never because I don't want to paint myself in a corner, but when I do say something, I do it and I mean it and I try to fulfill it."

"We believe the addition of Sammy is going to be instant impact, not only to our quarterback, but to what our offensive coordinator can come up with game-plan wise and how defenses attack us," Whaley said.

Whaley on EJ Manuel: "We think we got a gem in this guy." (2:30)

"And as Mark says, if in three years maybe he's not [our quarterback of the future], then I'll be sitting there saying 'hey guys', .... anybody got a job for me?" - Doug Whaley

Comment

• X-Era
                      • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Buffalogic View Post
                      ^ Are we forgetting that the Jets went to back to back AFC Championship games with Mark Sanchez? Like what is this?

New blood? What the hell was Marrone? A first time HC from college.
                      I agree. I want legit SB pedigree not unproven.

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                        Zero for Zero!
                        • Mar 2003

I don't make things up.

Look at how coaches hire assistants. They usually get people they have worked with recently or via current connections

How many coaches have taken a 10 year sabbatical and came back successfully?

Comment

• X-Era
                          • Feb 2005

They absolutely were. This has bigger legs than I think many give us credit for. I think we have a real shot at Cowher. The only reason we went after Marrone was he was a hot commodity and Russ was running the show at the time.

Comment

• X-Era
                            • Feb 2005

I don't make things up.

Look at how coaches hire assistants. They usually get people they have worked with recently or via current connections

Vermeil

Comment

• Buffalogic
                              • Feb 2006

I don't make things up.

So you don't want a superbowl winning coach that is still young because you don't think he knows good football people, even though he's on the sidelines every week? You think his connections or his power to pull coaches just evaporated? Attitudes like that is why we have continued to suck for so long.
                              Last edited by Buffalogic; 11-14-2014, 02:02 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X