X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tatersalad
    • Apr 2008

No Changes Please

Keep Maroone, keep cordinators and ride this we have switched coaches, GMs, and systems more times than just about every oother NFL team.. It also goes to show no matter how good of a core you have it all falls on a QB in this league we havent had one since #12.
    So keep growing in this system and find a QB only way we get rid of this god awful play off drought
  • Novacane
    • Jul 2002

Re: No Changes Please

The problem isn't changing coach's and GMs. It's changing from a bad one to another bad one. I hope Pegula cleans house.

Comment

• EDS
      • Jan 2003

I vote total house cleaning.

Comment

• X-Era
        What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
        • Feb 2005

I argued that changing a mediocre HC for another mediocre HC is a waste and accomplishes nothing. However, if canning Marrone means landing Cowher then do it.

But don't can Marrone if were just going to sign the next mediocre HC.

Comment

• YardRat
          Well, lookie here...
          • Dec 2004

I want Pat Morris gone and an offensive consultant brought in to help Hackett, at the very minimum.
          YardRat Wall of Fame
          #56 DARRYL TALLEY
          #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Buffalogic
            Rumblin' Stumblin' Bumblin'
            • Feb 2006

Cut Marrone, Hackett. Keep Whaley, Schwartz.

Hire Cower. Hire a real OC

Comment

• Yasgur's Farm
              • Feb 2005

Originally posted by X-Era View Post
              I argued that changing a mediocre HC for another mediocre HC is a waste and accomplishes nothing. However, if canning Marrone means landing Cowher then do it.

yup

Comment

• YardRat
                Well, lookie here...
                • Dec 2004

Originally posted by Buffalogic View Post
                Cut Marrone, Hackett. Keep Whaley, Schwartz.

Hire Cower. Hire a real OC
                There is no way Schwartz stays if Cowher, or anybody else for that matter, is brought in.
                YardRat Wall of Fame
                #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Mace
                  Haha...yeah you think so ?
                  • Mar 2013

Nothing to do right now though. Ride it out, hire a really good consultant, and the offseason is not so far away.

Comment

• paladin warrior
                    All-Pro Zoner
                    • Oct 2004

I don't get it . Eagle hired Chip Kelly . Chip Kelly is way better then Marrone- and Chip Kelly is smarter,intelligence then Marrone-. Buffalo Bills should have hire Chip Kelly . I think Ralph can't afford him.

Comment

• sudzy
                      • Apr 2013

Originally posted by tatersalad View Post
                      Keep Maroone, keep cordinators and ride this we have switched coaches, GMs, and systems more times than just about every oother NFL team.. It also goes to show no matter how good of a core you have it all falls on a QB in this league we havent had one since #12.
                      So keep growing in this system and find a QB only way we get rid of this god awful play off drought
                      Playing for the 1st overall pick in 2016? Is the next Andrew Luck coming out that year? Because if he's not, then I'm on board with firing everyone now.

Comment

• coastal
                        Legendary Zoner
                        • Mar 2005

#embracethetank

Comment

• Fletch
                          • May 2007

Originally posted by X-Era View Post

Be careful what you wish for in Cowher. He's overrated. I think it's time to cut ties with anything Pittsburgh related. We've had so many problems from Pittsburgh related things that even the thought is annoying.
                          http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/sho...s-haters/page3

Post #46

Originally posted by Yasgur's Farm
                          (Moderator) My name's Max Yasgur, and I approve of this post.
                          Originally Posted by pmoon6
                          The idea that you "won't settle" presumes that you have some kind of control. Delusional thinking at best for a supposed fan of a spectators' sport. Your way to deal with it is to constantly ***** and denigrate any move, any result concerning the team even if it's positive because you don't want your whittle feewings hurt again. It's a protection mechanism.

You shroud your childish approach in a vale of pompous, intellectual garbage in an attempt to look smart and "real". You over-analyze even minute points and manipulate statistics to fit your negative view of the team. Again, to feel good about yourself and to protect from getting hurt.

Of course, the criticisms are obviously from someone who has no understanding of the team concept or what it takes to excel at athletics.

The true "realist" understands that they have no control of what happens on the field or behind the closed doors at One Bills' Drive, so they do the prudent thing for a spectator. They enjoy the games on Sunday with family and friends, cheer for their team and realize that it's just entertainment.
                          ------

"I was an integral part in the drafting process of EJ Manuel," Whaley said Thursday on NFL Network's Total Access. "I was the person that handled the draft process and setting up the board."

"We are committed. I want you to believe me when I say that," Whaley said of building around the second-year quarterback, per The Buffalo News. "I always tell you guys that I'll never say never because I don't want to paint myself in a corner, but when I do say something, I do it and I mean it and I try to fulfill it."

"We believe the addition of Sammy is going to be instant impact, not only to our quarterback, but to what our offensive coordinator can come up with game-plan wise and how defenses attack us," Whaley said.

Whaley on EJ Manuel: "We think we got a gem in this guy." (2:30)

"And as Mark says, if in three years maybe he's not [our quarterback of the future], then I'll be sitting there saying 'hey guys', .... anybody got a job for me?" - Doug Whaley

Comment

• better days
                            • Jan 2010

Originally posted by YardRat View Post
                            There is no way Schwartz stays if Cowher, or anybody else for that matter, is brought in.
                            I think Schwartz stays if an Offensive HC is brought in.

If it is a Defensive Coach like Cowher or Wade, then Schwartz most likely leaves.

Comment

• Albany,n.y.
                              • Jul 2002

Here's why you clean house: In recent years the Bills haven't been able to hire top notch management and have settled for mediocrity from the GM, scouts & coaches down because of one thing-uncertainty about the future of the franchise. If your a top level guy, why would you come here not knowing who your future boss will be and whether you are of the same mindset on how to run the franchise. Just look at Bill Parcells in NE when Kraft came in-he wanted out because he didn't agree with the way Kraft wanted to run things. So, as a result, the Bills have been unable to hire any top notch people.

If you are happy with the mediocrity caused by the lack of ability to hire the best of the best, then go ahead and keep Whaley, the scouts and Marrone, but if you want to win a championship then you want better management. Pegula has the resources to hire the best and now has the guarantee of long term stability, something this franchise, especially after Ralph gave up control to Brandon, hasn't had in years.

Comment

Working...
                              X