X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mike
    • Jan 2009

Question to the Homers?

After the Bills have dropped their last 2 games -against average opponents at best- the mudslinging has really started and the pitchforks are coming out. Many of the homers have turned on this Coaching staff and on this FO.

Question is, does calling a Spade a Spade and complaining about this Coaching Staff and FO make you any less of a Fan?
    Please Make Sense
  • Fixxxer
    • Jul 2002

Re: Question to the Homers?

**** off troll

Comment

• better days
      • Jan 2010

People call me a HOMER but the truth is I am a realist.

I give every player & Coach a chance to prove themselves before I throw them under the bus.

Trolls & pessimists can never find anything positive or good to say about the team.

Comment

• The King
        Without me it's just Awe so
        • Jun 2004

I don't know if the term Homer applies to Bills fans. We have two choices wallow in pity, or hope, pray and beg the gods that we're not still that gerbil in the wheel.
        I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
        "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
        You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
        It was all
        true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
        He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
        mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• justasportsfan
          • Jul 2002

I havent seen any homers around here since the Kelly era.
          sacrifice1
          https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• djjimkelly
            • Apr 2003

not at all im a paying fan in multiple ways. i curse when i see things that should be easy decisions or when im being sold a lie.

orton to me for several weeks has been a bs tale this coaching staff has sold us.

marones decision to play a qb that has proven 5 or 6 times that teams think they will find better was the biggest lie of all.

this year i expected a 7-9 win team so we are on pace but its all bs becuz its not been done on an organizational growth kind of way

Comment

• Mike
              • Jan 2009

Originally posted by better days View Post

I give every player & Coach a chance to prove themselves before I throw them under the bus.

Trolls & pessimists can never find anything positive or good to say about the team.
              I hear what you are saying.... but not every Coach or Player deserves to be a HC or Starting QB/player in the NFL.
              Sometimes, it is painfully obvious that things have a very low chance of working out and other times the opposite is true.
              There is a difference between the Mannings of the world and the Ortons/EJs.
              Please Make Sense

Comment

• Swiper
                Legendary Zoner
                • Sep 2010

Originally posted by djjimkelly View Post
                not at all im a paying fan in multiple ways. i curse when i see things that should be easy decisions or when im being sold a lie.

orton to me for several weeks has been a bs tale this coaching staff has sold us.

marones decision to play a qb that has proven 5 or 6 times that teams think they will find better was the biggest lie of all.

this year i expected a 7-9 win team so we are on pace but its all bs becuz its not been done on an organizational growth kind of way
                You sound dumber with every post you make.

Comment

• djjimkelly
                  • Apr 2003

Originally posted by Swiper View Post
                  You sound dumber with every post you make.
                  so lol because i saw this coming and believe me i want to be a homer fan watching 12 wins every year

but ty i saw this coming for weeks called for some change on O 2 weeks before everyone else clued in and IM DUMB sorry bud lol

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
                    • Mar 2004

The fan base, every single Bills fan, we all have one thing in common. We are sick of watching a garbage product. We are sick of year after year of futility and watching other teams play football in January. 14 stinking seasons, and it looks like probably a 15th. Sprinkle in a few years of "hope" and it makes it even worse. I'd rather the team be 0-10 right now, for my sanity and my blood pressure. The Bills can't even suck right.

When a team has 15 straight seasons of no playoffs and 1 winning season in that span, fans are going to get *****y.

Comment

• BOBM253
                      elite QB
                      • Aug 2010

I don't believe the problem is Orton. There is something larger going on here. We are doing our normal regression as the year goes on. Players are playing worse and we're coming up small in big games. Is it coaching, schemes, team attitude or what? Are we cursed or do we need a psychiatrist? My guess would be poor offensive coaching.

Comment

• chris66
                        • Sep 2006

Originally posted by better days View Post

Thats because the team you root for doesn't suck, but they are stupid. You put Chan Gailey with the Schwartz and this is a contending team. The bills problems are they are usually a day late and a dollar short

Comment

• BuffaloRedleg
                          • Aug 2013

Watching people I never even remember making a relevant or original point come out of the woodwark every November to do their "in your face homers" victory lap sure gets tiresome.

Comment

• Fletch
                            • May 2007

Originally posted by djjimkelly View Post

Let's keep things in perspective, Orton was never a conscious decision with several options on the table. Whaley sunk himself on Manuel by going all-in and even further by trading away any chances at redemption this offseason with his move to acquire Watkins specifically to back up a flawed decisioin on Manuel. That's the problem, Whaley.

Orton was merely a grasping at the straws for an option. The whole thing boils down to poor management, poor vision regarding building a team, etc., which has to fall on Whaley's shoulders. He's admitted that it should too, why is any further evidence needed.

Originally posted by BOBM253 View Post
                            I don't believe the problem is Orton. There is something larger going on here. We are doing our normal regression as the year goes on. Players are playing worse and we're coming up small in big games. Is it coaching, schemes, team attitude or what? Are we cursed or do we need a psychiatrist? My guess would be poor offensive coaching.
                            Coaching too. Whaley and Brandon chose Marrone. It's naive to think that a GM that had already informally been prematurely given his walking papers would be allowed to make key decisions like that on the future of a team that he, the team, and its fans already knew he wouldn't be managing.

It's been time for a complete house-cleaning for years, now's just a great time to do so with the change of ownership. The NFL is different than say a corporation since the continuity isn't nearly as critical given the captive audience/customer part of the equation.
                            http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/sho...s-haters/page3

Post #46

Originally posted by Yasgur's Farm
                            (Moderator) My name's Max Yasgur, and I approve of this post.
                            Originally Posted by pmoon6
                            The idea that you "won't settle" presumes that you have some kind of control. Delusional thinking at best for a supposed fan of a spectators' sport. Your way to deal with it is to constantly ***** and denigrate any move, any result concerning the team even if it's positive because you don't want your whittle feewings hurt again. It's a protection mechanism.

You shroud your childish approach in a vale of pompous, intellectual garbage in an attempt to look smart and "real". You over-analyze even minute points and manipulate statistics to fit your negative view of the team. Again, to feel good about yourself and to protect from getting hurt.

Of course, the criticisms are obviously from someone who has no understanding of the team concept or what it takes to excel at athletics.

The true "realist" understands that they have no control of what happens on the field or behind the closed doors at One Bills' Drive, so they do the prudent thing for a spectator. They enjoy the games on Sunday with family and friends, cheer for their team and realize that it's just entertainment.
                            ------

"I was an integral part in the drafting process of EJ Manuel," Whaley said Thursday on NFL Network's Total Access. "I was the person that handled the draft process and setting up the board."

"We are committed. I want you to believe me when I say that," Whaley said of building around the second-year quarterback, per The Buffalo News. "I always tell you guys that I'll never say never because I don't want to paint myself in a corner, but when I do say something, I do it and I mean it and I try to fulfill it."

"We believe the addition of Sammy is going to be instant impact, not only to our quarterback, but to what our offensive coordinator can come up with game-plan wise and how defenses attack us," Whaley said.

Whaley on EJ Manuel: "We think we got a gem in this guy." (2:30)

"And as Mark says, if in three years maybe he's not [our quarterback of the future], then I'll be sitting there saying 'hey guys', .... anybody got a job for me?" - Doug Whaley

Comment

• Discotrish
                              Raging hypocrite and resident troll
                              • Nov 2003

Originally posted by Mike View Post
                              After the Bills have dropped their last 2 games -against average opponents at best- the mudslinging has really started and the pitchforks are coming out. Many of the homers have turned on this Coaching staff and on this FO.

Question is, does calling a Spade a Spade and complaining about this Coaching Staff and FO make you any less of a Fan?
                              Not any more than complaining about the officiating makes me less of an NFL fan.

But it shouldn't come down to officiating, either. Great teams overcome the officiating. We're merely a decent team.

Patti
                              Note: Discotrish information is Conspiralicious and has NO BASIS IN FACT. Considering her opinions may be HAZARDOUS TO YOUR HEALTH. Please do not get your medical advice from a subforum of a subforum of a sports message board.

Comment

Working...
                              X