X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BillsImpossible
    • Mar 2013

The Bills Next 3 Games Vs. The Patriots Next 3 Games

Bills are home against the Jets, home against the Browns, and away against the Broncos that just lost to the St. Louis Rams 22-7.

Patriots are home against the Lions that recently lost to Arizona 14-6, away against the Green Bay Packers (4:25 start), and away against the Chargers on Sunday Night Football.

The, "percentages say," blah blah blah. Percentages change every week.

The Bills are a couple of fluke plays, about six horrible calls, and a Kyle Orton start against the Texans away from being 8-2.

Blame the 5-5 record on the coaches, refs, whatever, the coaches HAVE put their players in positions to win every game.

I blame it on the players, because the Bills have been in every game this season.

It's an incredibly close league. Not much separates the best from the so-called worse. Any team can win on any given Sunday.

A lot can change in 3 weeks. Anything can happen. The Cardinals are 9-1 for crying out loud!

All the Bills have to do is beat the Jets and keep on winning.

New England's final 3 games are all against divisional opponents.

Home against Miami
    Away against the Jets
    Home against the Bills

It's been a tough week. 2 losses in 5 days isn't easy to overcome, but it's not impossible in the NFL.

Chins up, Bills fans.

The ride's not over.
  • upstart
    Sir Osis of Liver
    • Sep 2006

Re: The Bills Next 3 Games Vs. The Patriots Next 3 Games

The Pats MAY lose one more game. I wouldn't bet on it though.
    The NFL forgot the main component of any business model, the customer.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The ONLY reason to oppose Voter ID laws is to endorse Vote Fraud.

Comment

• BillsImpossible
      • Mar 2013

Originally posted by upstart View Post
      The Pats MAY lose one more game. I wouldn't bet on it though.
      They look great. Pats are on a 5 game win streak. But what goes up must eventually come down.

Pats have peaked at the wrong time.

They're about to run in to a meat grinder.

Comment

• stuckincincy
        Buffalo Bills Fan
        • Sep 2003

Originally posted by BillsImpossible View Post
        They look great. Pats are on a 5 game win streak. But what goes up must eventually come down.

Pats have peaked at the wrong time.

What meat grinder? They play iffy DET at home, at GB, at ailing SD, and finish up with MIA home, at NYJ, and finish at home against BUF.
        Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Comment

• OpIv37
          Acid Douching Asswipe
          • Sep 2002

Bills are home against the Jets, home against the Browns, and away against the Broncos that just lost to the St. Louis Rams 22-7.

Patriots are home against the Lions that recently lost to Arizona 14-6, away against the Green Bay Packers (4:25 start), and away against the Chargers on Sunday Night Football.

The Bills are a couple of fluke plays, about six horrible calls, and a Kyle Orton start against the Texans away from being 8-2.

Blame the 5-5 record on the coaches, refs, whatever, the coaches HAVE put their players in positions to win every game.

I blame it on the players, because the Bills have been in every game this season.

It's an incredibly close league. Not much separates the best from the so-called worse. Any team can win on any given Sunday.

A lot can change in 3 weeks. Anything can happen. The Cardinals are 9-1 for crying out loud!

Home against Miami
          Away against the Jets
          Home against the Bills

It's been a tough week. 2 losses in 5 days isn't easy to overcome, but it's not impossible in the NFL.

Chins up, Bills fans.

The ride's not over.
          OK, one more time: Every single team in the WC race has a tiebreaker against us in terms of conf losses. Even if NE loses the next 3 and finishes with the same record as us, they get the div on tiebreakers. To win the div, we'd have to make up 4 games against NE in the next six. I'll be surprised if they finish the season with 4 losses total, let alone having 4 in the next 6.

Do you get it? This year is no different. There are 6 games left in the season, and in order to make the playoffs, the Bills would have to win out AND get ton of help from other teams. We all know how this plays out. The Bills beat a weak Jets team next week. Most of what we would need to happen will. Then, we get our asses handed to us by the Browns.

People like you will start another thread like this one, explaining how if we win out, Team A beats team B, Team C finishes with the same record as us but has to lose to teams D and E but not team F because then team F will have a better record, and the Bills are in the playoffs!

Then Aaron Rodgers hangs 60 on us....
          MiKiDo Facebook
          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• OpIv37
            Acid Douching Asswipe
            • Sep 2002

Oh, and forget about NE for a minute. Even if they lose the next 3, let's talk about the Bills.

7 quarters without a TD. The Bills have scored 1 or fewer offensive TD's in 6 of their 10 games (and one of the 4 games where they had multiple was the pitiful 6 turnover game by the Jets).

The offense is a joke. They simply can't score enough to keep up with an average or better team.
            MiKiDo Facebook
            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• IlluminatusUIUC
              • Sep 2012

Lmfao, Denver and Indy were supposed to be the meat grinder, but Luck and Manning ended up as the hamburger.

How many zone bucks to change tcs username to Baghdad Bob?

Billszone 2013 Prediction Contest winner!

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                Peterman Sucks!
                • Mar 2006

One loss to any other conference opponent left on the schedule and the season is over.

Don't care if this team goes 10-6, 6-6 in conference will get them sitting at home.

They ain't catching New England for the division, even if they win out.

Comment

• colin
                  Drew's my hero!
                  • Jul 2002

if the bills go 5-1 for the rest of the season the playoffs are basically guaranteed (not mathematically, but teams in the north and west will beat up on each other enough for us). 4-2 and it's down to how a few other teams play and is basically a total hope shot. We either get hot now, and ball out of control on O, or we are playing spoiler at best.

the playoffs are more or less starting for us now. we will either be the 07 giants, or the (pick any year) buffalo bills.

Comment

• EDS
                    • Jan 2003

Can we all agree that the Jets game is a must win?

Comment

• Ginger Vitis
                      • Feb 2009

Originally posted by EDS View Post
                      Can we all agree that the Jets game is a must win?
                      The Chiefs game was a must win

Comment

• The Natrix
                        • Jul 2002

The Bills will most likely win 2 more games.

I could also see them winning 1 or 3 more but anymore than 3 is a pipe dream.

They are like 99.156478313% to not make the playoffs this season.

Just accept it. It will be less painful when the inevitable Bills-less playoffs commences.

Byrd.

Comment

• trapezeus
                          Legendary Zoner
                          • Oct 2004

bills best chances are going 3-3. and if they lose against cleveland, i imagine the d giving up and the team losing the last 4, including oakland.

when the team needed to be mistake free and solid at the easiest point of their schedule,they choked and went 0-2. if they go 0-4 or 1-3, that's enough to change.

the team had the cards lined up in their favor and an easy schedule to lock up a playoff spot.

Comment

• notacon
                            • Aug 2012

Home against Miami
                            Away against the Jets
                            Home against the Bills

Chins up, Bills fans.

The ride's not over.
                            Oh my. Are you still up to this absurdity????

You already embarrassed yourself with this ridiculous thread when you said that NE would lose to the Broncos because they are a "better team", and that the Colts would beat them too. Uhhhhh....the Pats DESTROYED them both, beating each by 22 points.

Now this??

The Bills are NOT "couple of fluke plays, about six horrible calls, and a Kyle Orton start against the Texans away from being 8-2"

They are 5-5. If not for a terrible Lions kicker, and a fluke Sammy Watkins pass reception of a terrible Orton pass that would have been intercepted the Bills would be 4-6. Orton starts the Houston game, and the loss would have been even more lopsided because J.J. Watt would have sacked the immobile Orton 20 times.

I appreciate optimistic outlook, but this is simply delusional nonsense. Stop embarrassing yourself.

Comment

• Fletch
                              • May 2007

They're also a couple of fluke plays, two QBs playing poorly for no apparent reason, and some lucky breaks away from being 2-8 like the Bucs, Titans, or Jets.

I kinda think with the Detroit MFG, Cutler playing poorly, and some fortune against Minnesota, that we've caught more breaks than not.

We have no history of playing good teams well unless they come in with most of their starting offensive lineup out like Detroit. SD, NE, and KC are the three best teams we've faced and we lost decisively to each.
                              Last edited by Fletch; 11-18-2014, 12:41 PM.
                              http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/sho...s-haters/page3

Post #46

Originally posted by Yasgur's Farm
                              (Moderator) My name's Max Yasgur, and I approve of this post.
                              Originally Posted by pmoon6
                              The idea that you "won't settle" presumes that you have some kind of control. Delusional thinking at best for a supposed fan of a spectators' sport. Your way to deal with it is to constantly ***** and denigrate any move, any result concerning the team even if it's positive because you don't want your whittle feewings hurt again. It's a protection mechanism.

You shroud your childish approach in a vale of pompous, intellectual garbage in an attempt to look smart and "real". You over-analyze even minute points and manipulate statistics to fit your negative view of the team. Again, to feel good about yourself and to protect from getting hurt.

Of course, the criticisms are obviously from someone who has no understanding of the team concept or what it takes to excel at athletics.

The true "realist" understands that they have no control of what happens on the field or behind the closed doors at One Bills' Drive, so they do the prudent thing for a spectator. They enjoy the games on Sunday with family and friends, cheer for their team and realize that it's just entertainment.
                              ------

"I was an integral part in the drafting process of EJ Manuel," Whaley said Thursday on NFL Network's Total Access. "I was the person that handled the draft process and setting up the board."

"We are committed. I want you to believe me when I say that," Whaley said of building around the second-year quarterback, per The Buffalo News. "I always tell you guys that I'll never say never because I don't want to paint myself in a corner, but when I do say something, I do it and I mean it and I try to fulfill it."

"We believe the addition of Sammy is going to be instant impact, not only to our quarterback, but to what our offensive coordinator can come up with game-plan wise and how defenses attack us," Whaley said.

Whaley on EJ Manuel: "We think we got a gem in this guy." (2:30)

"And as Mark says, if in three years maybe he's not [our quarterback of the future], then I'll be sitting there saying 'hey guys', .... anybody got a job for me?" - Doug Whaley

Comment

Working...
                              X