• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The King
    Without me it's just Awe so
    • Jun 2004

The Ralph

I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
    "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
    You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
    It was all
    true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
    He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
    mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

• Fletch
    • May 2007

Re: The Ralph

WHOA!

Yeah, don't see this working for Sunday.

They'll have to play at St. John Fisher. : D
    Last edited by Fletch; 11-19-2014, 10:36 AM.
    http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/sho...s-haters/page3

Post #46

Originally posted by Yasgur's Farm
    (Moderator) My name's Max Yasgur, and I approve of this post.
    Originally Posted by pmoon6
    The idea that you "won't settle" presumes that you have some kind of control. Delusional thinking at best for a supposed fan of a spectators' sport. Your way to deal with it is to constantly ***** and denigrate any move, any result concerning the team even if it's positive because you don't want your whittle feewings hurt again. It's a protection mechanism.

You shroud your childish approach in a vale of pompous, intellectual garbage in an attempt to look smart and "real". You over-analyze even minute points and manipulate statistics to fit your negative view of the team. Again, to feel good about yourself and to protect from getting hurt.

Of course, the criticisms are obviously from someone who has no understanding of the team concept or what it takes to excel at athletics.

The true "realist" understands that they have no control of what happens on the field or behind the closed doors at One Bills' Drive, so they do the prudent thing for a spectator. They enjoy the games on Sunday with family and friends, cheer for their team and realize that it's just entertainment.
    ------

"I was an integral part in the drafting process of EJ Manuel," Whaley said Thursday on NFL Network's Total Access. "I was the person that handled the draft process and setting up the board."

"We are committed. I want you to believe me when I say that," Whaley said of building around the second-year quarterback, per The Buffalo News. "I always tell you guys that I'll never say never because I don't want to paint myself in a corner, but when I do say something, I do it and I mean it and I try to fulfill it."

"We believe the addition of Sammy is going to be instant impact, not only to our quarterback, but to what our offensive coordinator can come up with game-plan wise and how defenses attack us," Whaley said.

Whaley on EJ Manuel: "We think we got a gem in this guy." (2:30)

"And as Mark says, if in three years maybe he's not [our quarterback of the future], then I'll be sitting there saying 'hey guys', .... anybody got a job for me?" - Doug Whaley

Comment

• SpikedLemonade
      • Jun 2024

Play it on Tuesday night so it does not interfere with MNF.

Tuesday would be no different than a Thursday night game.

Comment

• Fletch
        • May 2007

Originally posted by SpikedLemonade View Post

Three more feet and I'm not sure they're playing there for at least another week or two.

Keep in mind that they'll first just have to get people there to clean the place up. That looks like it's going to be days maybe a week or so with more snow. I remember a storm that dropped 3' in 8 hours about 25 years ago, things were closed for the better part of a week. 7' they're saying.
        Last edited by Fletch; 11-19-2014, 10:43 AM.
        http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/sho...s-haters/page3

Post #46

Originally posted by Yasgur's Farm
        (Moderator) My name's Max Yasgur, and I approve of this post.
        Originally Posted by pmoon6
        The idea that you "won't settle" presumes that you have some kind of control. Delusional thinking at best for a supposed fan of a spectators' sport. Your way to deal with it is to constantly ***** and denigrate any move, any result concerning the team even if it's positive because you don't want your whittle feewings hurt again. It's a protection mechanism.

You shroud your childish approach in a vale of pompous, intellectual garbage in an attempt to look smart and "real". You over-analyze even minute points and manipulate statistics to fit your negative view of the team. Again, to feel good about yourself and to protect from getting hurt.

Of course, the criticisms are obviously from someone who has no understanding of the team concept or what it takes to excel at athletics.

The true "realist" understands that they have no control of what happens on the field or behind the closed doors at One Bills' Drive, so they do the prudent thing for a spectator. They enjoy the games on Sunday with family and friends, cheer for their team and realize that it's just entertainment.
        ------

"I was an integral part in the drafting process of EJ Manuel," Whaley said Thursday on NFL Network's Total Access. "I was the person that handled the draft process and setting up the board."

"We are committed. I want you to believe me when I say that," Whaley said of building around the second-year quarterback, per The Buffalo News. "I always tell you guys that I'll never say never because I don't want to paint myself in a corner, but when I do say something, I do it and I mean it and I try to fulfill it."

"We believe the addition of Sammy is going to be instant impact, not only to our quarterback, but to what our offensive coordinator can come up with game-plan wise and how defenses attack us," Whaley said.

Whaley on EJ Manuel: "We think we got a gem in this guy." (2:30)

"And as Mark says, if in three years maybe he's not [our quarterback of the future], then I'll be sitting there saying 'hey guys', .... anybody got a job for me?" - Doug Whaley

Comment

• feldspar
          • Mar 2007

Crazy

Comment

• justasportsfan
            • Jul 2002

that should keep Marrone from punting
            sacrifice1
            https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
              • Mar 2004

Originally posted by justasportsfan View Post
              that should keep Marrone from punting
              lol

Comment

• feldspar
                • Mar 2007

Think they'll be able to clean it up by Sunday, though.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                  • Jul 2002

They will play!

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
                    • Mar 2004

Pile the snow in the visitor's locker room

Comment

• EDS
                      • Jan 2003

The cynical side of me can see GM's from other teams using these photos when talking to free agents who have also expressed an interest in Buffalo: Sure you want to sign with Buffalo?

Obviously as Buffalo fans we would not want a guy who could not handle the cold and snow!

Comment

• WagonCircler
                        Escaped Convict
                        • Jul 2002

I'd play on...

HeavyStuff.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

I'd love to see Michael Vick try to run around in that stuff.

Comment

• Swiper
                          Legendary Zoner
                          • Sep 2010

Originally posted by SpikedLemonade View Post

Only a Canadian would suggest such a thing.

Comment

• Swiper
                            Legendary Zoner
                            • Sep 2010

Mike Rodak @mikerodak

Bills VP Andy Major: “We have not had this much snow, as far as we know, in the history of our team."

Comment

• EDS
                              • Jan 2003

The video of Fred Jackson tossing his kids in the snow is awesome.

Comment

Working...
                              X