X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fletch
    • May 2007

Bills fans having a hard time getting refunds for Sunday’s game

At a time when the NFL has made plenty of missteps, the league did the right thing by moving Sunday's Jets-Bills game to Detroit.
    http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/sho...s-haters/page3

Post #46

Originally posted by Yasgur's Farm
    (Moderator) My name's Max Yasgur, and I approve of this post.
    Originally Posted by pmoon6
    The idea that you "won't settle" presumes that you have some kind of control. Delusional thinking at best for a supposed fan of a spectators' sport. Your way to deal with it is to constantly ***** and denigrate any move, any result concerning the team even if it's positive because you don't want your whittle feewings hurt again. It's a protection mechanism.

You shroud your childish approach in a vale of pompous, intellectual garbage in an attempt to look smart and "real". You over-analyze even minute points and manipulate statistics to fit your negative view of the team. Again, to feel good about yourself and to protect from getting hurt.

Of course, the criticisms are obviously from someone who has no understanding of the team concept or what it takes to excel at athletics.

The true "realist" understands that they have no control of what happens on the field or behind the closed doors at One Bills' Drive, so they do the prudent thing for a spectator. They enjoy the games on Sunday with family and friends, cheer for their team and realize that it's just entertainment.
    ------

"I was an integral part in the drafting process of EJ Manuel," Whaley said Thursday on NFL Network's Total Access. "I was the person that handled the draft process and setting up the board."

"We are committed. I want you to believe me when I say that," Whaley said of building around the second-year quarterback, per The Buffalo News. "I always tell you guys that I'll never say never because I don't want to paint myself in a corner, but when I do say something, I do it and I mean it and I try to fulfill it."

"We believe the addition of Sammy is going to be instant impact, not only to our quarterback, but to what our offensive coordinator can come up with game-plan wise and how defenses attack us," Whaley said.

Whaley on EJ Manuel: "We think we got a gem in this guy." (2:30)

"And as Mark says, if in three years maybe he's not [our quarterback of the future], then I'll be sitting there saying 'hey guys', .... anybody got a job for me?" - Doug Whaley

• trapezeus
    Legendary Zoner
    • Oct 2004

Re: Bills fans having a hard time getting refunds for Sunday’s game

where are all the brandon supporters that he is rightfully in his place of marketing and operations as opposed to football. the guy is ***** it up yet again with no accountability.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
      • Jul 2002

Oh for christ's sake this is an unprecidented event for the franchise.

Ever think that maybe a lot of the people working in the ticket dept might be out of office?

Chill the **** out cheapskates you will get your money. I have 5 seasons. I am not worried.

Comment

• Mike13
        • Aug 2005

Thats crazy, no one would ever associate the Buffalo Bills with domestic violence

Comment

• HAMMER
          I'm right, Miyagi is wrong.
          • Jul 2003

Originally posted by trapezeus View Post
          where are all the brandon supporters that he is rightfully in his place of marketing and operations as opposed to football. the guy is ***** it up yet again with no accountability.
          As Thurm said chill out, there are a lot of other things to be handled at the moment. Some people just like to piss and moan, you are definitely one of them.

Comment

• YardRat
            Well, lookie here...
            • Dec 2004

It's only been 24 hours since the announcement, and the 'big deal' is a wrong phone number on the website, whichappears to be corrected.
            YardRat Wall of Fame
            #56 DARRYL TALLEY
            #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• pmoon6
              Legendary Zoner
              • Dec 2002

Originally posted by YardRat View Post
              It's only been 24 hours since the announcement, and the 'big deal' is a wrong phone number on the website, whichappears to be corrected.
              Be quiet, Yard. Let the little girls get in another irrational tizzy about their supposed football franchise.

Actually, I think there are only a few actual Bills' Fans on this board.

Comment

• imbondz
                Democrats are people too
                • Jan 2003

Thurm is always the voice of reason
                My faith doesn’t make me perfect, it makes me forgiven.

Comment

• DetDannyWilliams
                  Nobody in Hawaii wears a tie.
                  • Feb 2013

how is this Brandon's fault? The blame should go to the Web administrator he/she is the one that fumbled the ball it is he/she to make sure the website is working properly or in this case make shure the correct phone # was put on the webpage. we have a Web administrator where I work and his job is to make sure everything on the website is working properly and make changes to our websites homepage.
                  Last edited by DetDannyWilliams; 11-22-2014, 11:30 AM.

Comment

• Historian
                    2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
                    • Dec 2002

Originally posted by DetDannyWilliams View Post
                    how is this Brandon's fault?
                    The buck stops here.

Or it should.

This is the definition of the modern executive: Screw everything up, and fire the 20 dollar an hour webmaster.

Anyhow, I'm just hoping they will consider it my deposit for next year. Who cares...the money is already spent?

Comment

• Gibby
                      Power & Authority Demand Responsibility to the common good, and must never be abused.
                      • Jun 2006

Originally posted by trapezeus View Post
                      This should be covered in Marketing 101: how to tarnish your brand while alienating your customers.

Comment

• trapezeus
                        Legendary Zoner
                        • Oct 2004

every time brandon ****s up, people come here and say, "get over it, it's just one thing." yet over 15 years, they add up. and that's why we have what we have.

We actually have a chance with new ownership to get rid of smithers. we should all be really excited that we can potentially have a team in 21st century like the other 31 teams. and that could eventually entail a playoff birth!

it will never happen with brandon. and i think most people know that.

the fact that it's a wrong number is forgivable. the fact that it's to a domestic abuse line is just so pathetic.

Comment

Working...
                        X