• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • casdhf
    • Jul 2002

9 or 10 wins, but miss the playoffs

Thoughts on this?

I obviously am unhappy but would expect nothing to change.

KO gets his extension, as does Marcell

Hughes and Spiller walk.
    Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
    cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

• Forward_Lateral
    • Mar 2004

Re: 9 or 10 wins, but miss the playoffs

I refuse to be upset if they win 9 or 10 games. Yes, it's their own fault for losing games they should've won, but if they win 9 or 10 it means they'd have beaten Denver, Green Bay or New England

Comment

• WagonCircler
      Escaped Convict
      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by casdhf View Post
      Thoughts on this?

Hughes and Spiller walk.
      Why do you let Hughes walk?

If you need to save money, cut EJ. Cut a couple OL and draft quality rookies.

Hughes is a beast.

Comment

• Dr. Who
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by WagonCircler View Post
        Why do you let Hughes walk?

Cut EJ. Cut a couple OL and draft quality rookies.

Hughes is a beast.
        You're taking your contempt for EJ as a player too far. He's reasonably priced for a back-up qb.
        I agree there's no reason not to resign Hughes and it would be monumentally stupid not to.

Comment

• Gibby
          Power & Authority Demand Responsibility to the common good, and must never be abused.
          • Jun 2006

Originally posted by casdhf View Post
          Thoughts on this?

Hughes and Spiller walk.
          9-7 is about 4 games better than I expected and as long as we resign Marcell, Hughes, and KO and go after a real qb this time in the draft then I think its a step in the right direction.

Comment

• bdutton
            • Jul 2013

I'd actually be ok. It shows this team has taken a positive step forward. First winning record since? EJ still has a rookie contract. You don't cut him. Spiller can walk. Tired of the 10 touches for +/- 2 yards and then 2 rushes for +10 yards. Sign Hughes.

Comment

• The King
              Without me it's just Awe so
              • Jun 2004

This is the best case scenario at this point. So I would be OK with it. We're getting respect that's a big step up.
              I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
              "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
              You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
              It was all
              true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
              He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
              mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• Historian
                2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
                • Dec 2002

7-9

Comment

• Uncle Jesse
                  • Sep 2004

At worst, franchise Hughes. You can't let him go.

Comment

• Meathead
                    Insufferable prick and perpetual crybaby
                    • Jul 2002

frankly i think all that happens anyway

if they dont make the playoffs i dont give a frack what their record is. doesnt even matter for the draft since there aint much diff between the fifth or twentieth pick in the second round. emotionally it would blow to give a high pick to clev but other than that whotf cares
                    One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• Meathead
                      Insufferable prick and perpetual crybaby
                      • Jul 2002

except that i think hughes walks. frankly i dont think we can know how good he really is but i can guarantee you he isnt as good as he looks. theres no way he goes anywhere else and has the statistical success hes had here. des with sacks can name their price and some team is going to WAAAAAAAAAAAY overpay for him. it wont be the bills and thats the right move

unless hes willing to take less to play here, and why would he, hes gone. hes going to get a ridiculously large check, then proceed to have everyone in that city hate him forever. but he got paaaid
                      One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• Fletch
                        • May 2007

Originally posted by Historian View Post
                        7-9
                        Oakland or Cleveland?

I know you've said that you don't think we beat Oakland and that you think we beat GB. You really think GB?

I think if we can beat Cleveland on Sunday then we'll beat Oakland too in Oakland and finish 8-8. I do think we'll have to play somewhat above ourselves to beat Cleveland this weekend though.
                        http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/sho...s-haters/page3

Post #46

Originally posted by Yasgur's Farm
                        (Moderator) My name's Max Yasgur, and I approve of this post.
                        Originally Posted by pmoon6
                        The idea that you "won't settle" presumes that you have some kind of control. Delusional thinking at best for a supposed fan of a spectators' sport. Your way to deal with it is to constantly ***** and denigrate any move, any result concerning the team even if it's positive because you don't want your whittle feewings hurt again. It's a protection mechanism.

You shroud your childish approach in a vale of pompous, intellectual garbage in an attempt to look smart and "real". You over-analyze even minute points and manipulate statistics to fit your negative view of the team. Again, to feel good about yourself and to protect from getting hurt.

Of course, the criticisms are obviously from someone who has no understanding of the team concept or what it takes to excel at athletics.

The true "realist" understands that they have no control of what happens on the field or behind the closed doors at One Bills' Drive, so they do the prudent thing for a spectator. They enjoy the games on Sunday with family and friends, cheer for their team and realize that it's just entertainment.
                        ------

"I was an integral part in the drafting process of EJ Manuel," Whaley said Thursday on NFL Network's Total Access. "I was the person that handled the draft process and setting up the board."

"We are committed. I want you to believe me when I say that," Whaley said of building around the second-year quarterback, per The Buffalo News. "I always tell you guys that I'll never say never because I don't want to paint myself in a corner, but when I do say something, I do it and I mean it and I try to fulfill it."

"We believe the addition of Sammy is going to be instant impact, not only to our quarterback, but to what our offensive coordinator can come up with game-plan wise and how defenses attack us," Whaley said.

Whaley on EJ Manuel: "We think we got a gem in this guy." (2:30)

"And as Mark says, if in three years maybe he's not [our quarterback of the future], then I'll be sitting there saying 'hey guys', .... anybody got a job for me?" - Doug Whaley

Comment

• Yasgur's Farm
                          • Feb 2005

Bills exercised their option on Dareus... He's a Bill through 2015. So the focus can be on Hughes.

Comment

• jamze132
                            • Jun 2003

Buffalo is way under the cap. There is no reason to not lock up Hughes and Dareus. Our D is the only thing keeping us afloat at this point and we need to keep it intact and continue to build the offense to match. All we really need on offense is a QB, O-line, a couple TEs, a couple RBs, and another WR.

Comment

• Mace
                              Haha...yeah you think so ?
                              • Mar 2013

Originally posted by Forward_Lateral View Post
                              I refuse to be upset if they win 9 or 10 games. Yes, it's their own fault for losing games they should've won, but if they win 9 or 10 it means they'd have beaten Denver, Green Bay or New England
                              I could count that as progress, yes. Even if they beat one of the three, I'd be ok with it if not exactly fired up and sure we're heading to the big dance next year.

Comment

Working...
                              X